Zandalari troll racials can't go live as they are

Unless I haven’t checked well enough, the only change they’ve made is that it will be interrupted upon taking any damage. That doesn’t mean it “has been addressed” and that only covers the regenerating racial, the Loa buffs are still way too powerful.

Racials aside FIGHT FOR WARLOCKS

6 Likes

I’m kind of past the point of caring to be honest. I don’t really intend to play a Zandalari one way or another. Looking at the racials they sure do seem pretty awesome, so, that’s great for Zandalari players.

I imagine it’ll reinforce the Horde’s booming PvP/Raiding population, but really, what more damage can be done at this point?

1 Like

Not caring causes more dmg to be honest.

True, but they’re still an Allied Race, so I doubt you’ll find dozens of Alliance players swapping over for OP racials. Zandalari have to be unlocked. I’m pretty sure most players who keep to the Alliance these days do so out of a genuine love of the faction.

If anything, with racials like this, the Horde may finally see more Trolls than Elves at last.

1 Like

Its been addressed by them saying

They have come out said, they are aware of the issue and expect to see changes.

2 Likes

Compared to the Draenei version which is a 20% over a 5 second channel, with a cool down twice as long. Still not seeing something wrong?

Honestly? Not from a flavor perspective. Gift of the Naaru is channeling the Light. Zandalari Trolls, the most favored of the Troll peoples by the Loa, would naturally have a very powerful form of regeneration. I mean, another of their racials is literally gaining a powerful boon from a Loa.

From a lore/immersion viewpoint, the Zandalari Racials are awesome.

Mechanically they’re OP, but we’ll be seeing that changed so, not too worried.

Try testing them before posting. Regeneratin’ was terrible at a four second channel already, now it’s six. As for the Embrace Racials they’re either weak, or like the Bwonsamdi one they’re just mirrors of other races.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is an argument or a joke but I guess people have different opinions, I’m talking sctrictly from gameplay perspective, both racials need severe adjustments.

Draenei’s is not a channel though.

1 Like

This.

While I still think the Zandy should be toned down a bit, being a channel means it should be more powerful than a HoT.

2 Likes

Not to mention it doesn’t fall off the moment damage is taken, doesn’t impede rotational performance since it’s also not on the GCD, and can be cast on others.

2 Likes

I would agree with that, it should be stronger as it is a channeled ability but a full heal ability every 90 seconds is stupid. I know in the current season raid I could use that in most of the fights. Hell even if you only got half of it off, you are still talking about an impressive heal.

Just keep Zandalari dotted in PvP

I really don’t see this as a big problem. People can slink away and use certain bandages already, isn’t the Zanda racial basically that?

1 Like

OMG the sky is falling!

1 Like

You don’t know what channeling means, which makes me wonder why you’re commenting on balance.

4 Likes

It’s likely to get 0-1 ticks on fights where it’s “useful”.

If. Besides, every healer has the means to heal that quickly anyways.

I know what channeling means. Learn to divide. 100% / 6 seconds means you are getting back roughing 17% per second. Which is almost as much as the full value of “gift”. The point was the value of the two are so wildly different that clearly one needs to be changed.

You called the draenei racial a channeled ability. You clearly don’t know what it means. You cannot move or perform any other actions while casting a channeled spell. The draenei racial is an instant self-buff that is not interrupted by damage.

3 Likes