Zandalari Druids in PvP

Hi folks?

Those of you who went Z Troll, how are you liking it in PvP? And specifically as the worst of the druid specs for pvp after Guardian: Feral :stuck_out_tongue:

I am really missing my Tauren warstomp.

Feels like Regeneratin is useless unless youā€™re a Pally. By the time I can line of sight and let dots fall off I can heal up with Swiftmend/Reg/Rej anyway.

Iā€™m not sure I can tell the lack of health/crit from Tauren but itā€™s probably as or more useful than the Loa. On top of that we canā€™t use Pter swoop in instanced pvp anyway.

I actually love the forms (besides Bear), so Iā€™m wondering if I should just stick it out longer.

1 Like

Just between you and me, guardians can be a lot of fun in pvp right now. Itā€™s our little secret, okay?

5 Likes

Please share how you have fun operating a Guardian in PVP.
World PVP, Bgā€™s, arena, or what?

1 Like

I do bgs. I was twinking, but not anymore.

Guardians are great flag carriers. With balance affinity and Flap you can practically fly halfway to your flagroom. Malorneā€™s Swiftness makes us the fastest runner on the team.

And I can tie up the entire team at an objective long enough for help to come.

Go search youtube for Guardian arena PvP for some interesting videos.

3 Likes

Thanks. Any Zandalari druids have some Arena/RBG related exp? I want to try stick to the topic of racials.

2 Likes

Anyone? Iā€™m considering changing back to Tauren. I actually love the humanoid & moonkin forms the most. Not so sold on the cat/bear. But gawd, that warstomp.

2 Likes

Zandalari racials are weak in PvP. I switched my shaman and can never get a regen off in combat due to it breaking on damage. I kept my Druid Tauren and am really glad I did.

Been leveling my Zanda Druid as Resto.

Started Friday, up to 41 so far.

I literally do not think I have actually made use of the regen racial once in a BG setting. As I resto druidā€¦I just heal myself. Just in random BGs, no arena or anything, so have yet to need to heal and have zero mana.

Hell, I have used my ā€œslow fallā€ racial more. :confused:

This is what I feared. And slow fall is useless to me because I have engi and the glider is up much more often. Plus with travel form wild charge fall dmg is never an issue.

So close to race changing back but I am torn because Iā€™m wondering if Blizz will make the heal weaker (still useful) but usable while taking damage.

As someone whoā€™s played Druid exclusively since vanilla, I understand completely. I play all specs vice resto and changed my Tauren to Z troll. I main boomy this xpac but still keep sets for the other two melee specs. (Yes, I guardian arena too :wink:).

But, I switched solely because the Moonkin Form is awesome. The cat is a wash for me and the bear I donā€™t care for. Bears are my fav animal so I prefer the mammal but if I play guardian, I just use the legion skin. Same with feral. So, if youā€™re choosing the race based on pvp, stick with Tauren. The loa racials are actually good and I think better than the Taurenā€™s crit effectiveness and health due to its versatility (not the stat) but regeneratinā€™ is impossible to get off unless youā€™re a pally or mage. Itā€™s simply not feasible against decent players in a situation where itā€™d be useful. Iā€™ve missed my warstomp as itā€™s been clutch as times but Iā€™m managing without.

1 Like

Not really sure why anyone is surprised that a racial heal is weaker than just casting heals on a class that can healā€¦ Itā€™s obviously going to be more beneficial to classes that canā€™t cast heals.

Yeah, you and me both. Tauren since vanilla. I donā€™t even play balance that much on this druid but I also got it for the moonkin form. In guardian I use the steroid bear skin too.

Sigh. Looks like Iā€™m spending more money. Going back to Tauren and my Darkspear to Zandalari then.

Aww, so sad that I didnā€™t play before BFA. I was so excited for Zandalari druid but the utterly boring guardian form made me reroll a Shaman and save druid for the cool KT wicker forms. Wish I got that big bear form, sigh. :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah, I actually love the KT wicker bear & cat more than the Zandalari. But I like the Zandalri moonkin and humanoid forms better than the KT. :frowning:

2 Likes

This is exactly my position. I love the Zanda moonkin form more than the KT counterpart (super disappointed they didnā€™t go with the humanoid wicker enemies). But, as a package I prefer the KT forms.

1 Like

Iā€™ve considered, but i do prefer the general aesthetic of horde more than alliance. For the rest:

ZT land travel > KT
KT flight >>>>> ZT flight
I find aquatic equal.

1 Like

I share many of the sentiments with you all. All of the KT forms are great, save the Moonkin Form; which isnā€™t exactly bad. If I prefer the more humanoid ZT. All in all, I was just sick of playing a fat model. I canā€™t bring myself to play ally, never have and never will I donā€™t think. But even if I did, the KT humanoid form is just too chubby for me.

2 Likes

True. I think weā€™re on the same page. And I figured if I ever go alliance iā€™m going for the best racial (imo): shadowmeld.