Ysera not returning

No…why? :*(

My favorite dragon ever since I began my journey in 2008 with my night elf druid, i read all the lore on druids I could find, that was when I found out about Ysera the dreamer.

When she died in Legion, my heart broke and I cried, how could you take away the greatest dragon beside Alexstraza like that?

And then Shadowlands released and we found out about Ysera again, Ardenweald was where souls go to be rebirthed and returned to Azeroth or so I hoped… It makes me cry knowing Ysera is now stuck in Ardenweald and is not returning to Azeroth. Why? Dragonflight would be perfect for her to return. :frowning:

You and Square Enix are just alike. You love killing off our most beloved characters, makes me not even want to play anymore but I bear it because I love raiding.

4 Likes

i mean, i got the exact opposite impression from what she said. i thought it was hinting she would be coming back, especially since we’re going into a dragon expansion

7 Likes

She needs a sacrifice. I offer Greymane.

4 Likes

The handling of Ysera was why the Winterqueen, despite leading the least problematic covenant, still cemented herself on my bad side.

I mean, when she got resurrected it was said pretty explicitly that she was stuck in Ardenweald after that.

Now we know that she can leave at some point, and most likely will whenever we get into Elune stuff.

3 Likes

I mean it let’s them develop her daughter more who’s going to be leading the Green Dragonflight so I’m okay with it.

1 Like

I was a little unclear if she was going to be stuck in the Shadowlands or was being upgraded to wild god status (and thus bound to the Ardenweald cycle).

Come to think of it, what was her spirit doing in that pod to begin with?

looks suspiciously over at the remnent of the void

The Queen explicitly states this when she saved her.

2 Likes

Elune yeeted her directly at Ardenweald instead of wherever dragons normally go when they expire.

Like Zenazin said. It would take a sacrifice for her to come back. But i hope she does. To see her flying in dragonflight would make me so happy. The ruler od the emerald dream. I can only hope.

maybe they’ll have tyrande nobly sacrifice herself for ysera or something, who knows. everything involving ysera is always really emotional and dramatic so i’m not surprised they stuck that caveat in there

Yeah, because the queen had to bound her soul because the queen used her own essence.

2 Likes

I could never really get attached to the Aspects because they seem standoffish to players. I did like the Life-Binder and the Dreamer though and was shocked with what happened to Ysera in Legion.

The only dragon I ever really liked was Korialstrasz, aka Krasus, because he would do what the Aspects wouldn’t and even stood up to Deathwing. Unfortunately, he also perished and that shocked me more than what happened to Ysera.

But as far as Ysera goes she is connected with Elune and so I see her playing a part until Elune is revealed, which could very well be never, so she has plot armor at least till then IMO.

1 Like

I raise your Greymane and offer Magni Bronzebeard… unless the sacrifice stays in Ardenweald instead…

1 Like

she said great sacrifice.

Yeah, if you watch the video you can see part of the “leaves” that grow on her fall away when she does it and she if visible taxed afterwards. It is pretty clear that the Winter Queen used part of herself to save Ysera, otherwise she was going to make it.

And the worgen players would weep as their only lore representative is lost.

To be fair, even though it’s loosely implied that death has no consequence because of the SL lore it’s never been outright stated.

If death doesn’t have a consequence, and they directly write that into the story then almost everything that happens from here on out is a moot point.

druidism, and the emerald dream and Ardenweald is a place to go to be reborn, it’s been stated. Ysera out of all the dragons has the potential to be reborn, all the rest of the dragons are dead dead. There is no coming back for them.