You're not alone

This is the 3rd time in my military career that i’ve had a good friend take their own life. IF YOU NEED ANYONE TO TALK TO add me to friends list (alcoric, Alcoricc, Alcorictoo…Illidan) if there is anything you need to talk about. Please talk to someone. Don’t think you’re strong enough to hold your feelings in. the world sucks, but you know what can make it better? FRIENDS… reach out for the love of god… you’re stronger than that.

37 Likes

What a lovely post, thank you.

My condolescenes for your friend.

1 Like

Stay strong, man.

My condolences and a big hug from the distance.

1 Like

Quarantine has hit the military very hard with suicides this year sadly. Always here if you need a fellow services member to talk to.

1 Like

Really sorry about your friend.

1 Like

sorry for your loss man, we really need to look into why the suicide rates are going up to begin with telling someone to just talk to someone about it doesnt seem to help

1 Like

There’s this horrible misunderstanding I’ve seen my whole life. That it’s strong to endure. It’s strong to stay silent. As though that’s the only side to it.

It takes twice as much strength to open up about it. Multiplied by how long you’ve kept quiet. Please, if anyone’s struggling reach out.

Sorry to hear what you’ve been through Alcoric. I can’t understand how you feel, but I’ve been through the same. So I know a little of what it might be like.

1 Like

Igy6. 22 a day, is 22 too many

Not military but my brother committed suicide way back in 2004. When you do this you transfer your pain to those that survive and love you. And people do love you, don’t forget that.

Wen through the Behavioral Health services available when I was coming home from my deployment last year. You’re not alone, there are people who want to help and can help. It was the best feeling of my life to reach out.

Sorry for your loss brother, if you need anything mdwog#1320 just add me.

2 Likes

Awesome of you for sharing man. That’s a really tough thing to go through. So glad to hear you’re helping others. Remember that taking on that role puts people at a high risk for burnout as well so good to see a support structure around it.

If anyone ever needs some direction with mental health please feel free to reach out to Sadar91#1599. I’m a therapist, and while I try to keep online gaming as a space for relaxation on my end (i.e. not stepping into formal role of therapist when I’m online), I am happy to try to offer some general feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes