Your Input Requested - A/RP and H/RP

Cross faction RP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

I love the anecdotes people are sharing. Because they demonstrate that when it comes to RP the important thing is Q U A L I T Y not quantity.

6 Likes

They were quite the… enterprise.

1 Like

This is directed at me I guess? I promise I wasn’t saying they’re reliable, and some even say they aren’t because they mention they got their statistics from guilds and how many max level characters they have.

What I’m saying is they can set a certain perception about a server to outsiders. People who don’t roleplay say this is the horde server and websites backed it up. It’s just another thing we gotta deal with if we wanna beat the stigma. I am sorry if it sounded like I was saying they’re a sure fire way to know things : c

1 Like

Pepperidge Farm remembers, and I remember too. I also remember that when WRA opened it was populated by many players fleeing MG. I think that sentiment still persists.

There is one place where we can possibly get some accurate stats on RPers - The WoW Community Council forum. If I counted correctly 41 players posted in the “Introduce Yourself Here” thread. I tried to be as thorough as possible, scanning the thread multiple times. I found 8 council members including RP in their introductory posts. 8/41 puts it at about 19% . Not a bad level of interest. But take a deeper look - I’ve put a :slightly_smiling_face: beneath the ones I read as clearly indicating they actively RP and so would have it as one of the foci for their time on the WCC.

I dabble in RP

Started off RPing for fun with friends, and pet battling. Which led into raiding casually… Which led into guild hopping at the US100 level…

I primarily play on RP servers due to the generally nicer atmosphere and have a history of going through long roleplaying campaigns (and dungeons/raids) with a group of friends although I haven’t done this much these last few years due to friends leaving and other interests taking up most of my time.

What I do want to focus on is the RP aspect of things. While WoW may be RP friendly, comparing it to other MMORPGs and with the general feel of RP the last years, it could be massively improved.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I will keep in touch with my fellow Warcraft RPers and will try my best to be a voice for the RP community as a whole, not just my own views and opinions.

I’ve organised lots of community RP events such as village hours and markets. I enjoying a quieter life in RP right now as I focus more on work

There are many facets about this game that captivate me, but roleplay has been my primary focus over the years.

I haven’t engaged too much in so-called endgame content for a while, instead having been sucked into the roleplaying community - which I aim to try to represent!

That’s 5/41, which means RPers are at about 12% of the WCC pool. IMHO, not bad representation.

Based on what I see of threads in the WCC subforum directly related to RP, it looks like Halite (who posted that last quote) is our go-to WCC member. Let’s hope Halite keeps a close watch on the WrA RP forum threads. Including this one.

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with claiming a spot in the world for your guild. It becomes an issue when you try to tell people they can’t be there because it’s your spot. WRA has had well documented issues with this in the past but that’s all I’ll say is some of these guilds may still be around.

People really need to learn to share.

1 Like

Apparently you haven’t seen Kul Tiran women eyebrow waggle

Not in my online make-believe fantasy space!

1 Like

I did not post my remarks directly at you, because you clearly get my point already.

You are correct - perception is the problem. I’m glad there’s you and at least a couple of other people besides me that get it. How we talk about the state of roleplay (the words we use) affect us emotionally and unconsciously. There’s a huge difference between:

“Alliance RP is dead.”

and

“When I look around on my way from the portal room to the bank in Stormwind every Wednesday at 4 PM I don’t see anybody outside the Blue Recluse waiting for walkups”

A lot of times people seem reluctant to make that second kind of post. So we end up with a whole bunch of posts saying RP is moribund. Repeating and magnifying a feeling rather than getting the shortcomings identified and addressed.

It’s that second kind of post that really gives insight. It tells us when, where and what kind of RP that person was looking for. That’s the kind of thing we need to be saying to each other. Often, and in enough detail that we all get a sense of what’s going on. Otherwise we’re just speculating about a theoretical solution to a problem that may not even exist.

Please do keep posting. Your contribution to the discussion is important. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of allied races if only because I’m annoyed by the fact that vulpera got so much more attention to detail (compare their dance and animations to KTs and Zandalaris, and to nightborne and lightforged overall.)
if they got a little attention and had animations fixed maybe, idk

It’s fine to be sassy about MG, but it’s silly to act like WrA is any less horny.

1 Like

WrA is quietly horny.
We all know what the house in Cut-Throat Alley is used for.

1 Like

Quietly!? Did everyone forget the dawn of Cataclysm and packs of ultra-testosterone Worgen leading harems around the streets of Stormwind?!

1 Like

I think a lot of people have— but I meant more in recent years than anything else. There are still a few ‘loud’ people around but it is not like it used to be.

1 Like

True. But then, there aren’t nearly as many players as there used to be.

1 Like

I will never forget the guild I joined on an alt where two women would spend ten minutes before events started talking about positions.

Oh yah, I would never say WRA is not horny but it’s less horny on main like MG in my opinion.

That said not that long ago at about the start of the expansion or so I had a very pushy male Worgen that wanted turn me into a tasty snack. So I had Juspeon say “I have to go now, my people need me.” and used the Argus worm hole but not before emoted he died on his way back to his home planet therefore Juspeon is now dead IC and you can never ERP me now.

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

server transfers should just be free so we can migrate to MG if WrA gets really dead and migrate back when MG gets too full, like tidal cycle of internet people pretending to be elves.

Also names should just be tied to bnet accounts so if I go to MG I don’t need to change my name to Chknultrmnod or whatever else isn’t taken

2 Likes