Your first character

My first character on WoW was on my friends account and it was a Night Elf warrior named Dranika This was during vanilla.
I remember the deadmines, burning steeps, exploring dungeons, gah! So many good memories!

3 Likes

My first character was an undead Warlock. I didn’t know anything about the game and had never played any mmo before and so was running up to mobs and trying to melee them with my staff lol.

My girlfriend at the time however, played alliance, her brother played alliance, and so did both their parents, AND her best friend, so they told me if I was having fun and wanted to continue to play then I had to delete my warlock and make an Alliance one or they would not ever help me learn the game :frowning: So I complied and made a draenei mage that was my main all the way up until legion.

I like to thing the love I have for my warlock now is part due to reminiscing about that little undead Warlock. And I will now never leave the Horde again, regardless of what naysayers think, honestly.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I did. I started a female human warrior. I enjoyed the beginning quests until I met up with the vicious murlocs! After dying over and over, I deleted that warrior and rolled a NE Hunter.

This was back in vanilla. I was such a noob. Spent way too much time on thotbott!

2 Likes

Lol that’s awesome. I’m currently working on recovering my original account with my warrior I spoke of. fingers crossed!

2 Likes

My first character was an undead priest because my brother wanted to be undead…but she lasted all of seven levels before I discovered worgen. Made a worgen warlock, convinced my brother to join me, and we proceeded to die ten times to a level 17 stag while leveling through Darkshore. Our Rez was in his Aggro radius. Good times.

3 Likes

For me it was back at the quarter of Burning Crusade - An Undead Rogue that I was hyped about playing when my friend introduced me to WoW. Prior to that though I was playing on his Account to get used to the game as a level 60 Orc Warrior. All I would do when I signed on was kill those mobs around Thrallmar in Hellfire, Literally all I would do lol. I still remember my first PvP kill was a Feral Druid that tried to gank me, We both died at the same time lol -

Anyways, Yea I will always like the Forsaken the most out of any WoW Race. Undead Rogue ftw :slight_smile:

Was tons of fun questing in Deathknell, Running instances and getting dual wield Meteor Shards, Many, many, memories I could go on with - Miss those days :frowning:

1 Like

My first character was a Troll Druid named Ertbirt (randomly generated name). I played into the Barrens on him, and THEN my friend RAF’d me (I was using the trial already, this was 4 years ago). So I started over from scratch on Fistlok, and a server change or two later, he’s Tusklok now, and he’s still my main.

I thought I’d humor my friend by trying out WoW (I’ve been interested in the Lich King etc. for years and always loved the cinematics) and I ended up addicted. 10/10 would try again.

3 Likes

My husband and I had just moved to another state and I didn’t know anyone IRL yet in the local area. We had a new kid about to turn one year old, and I hadn’t been able to play video games with any regularity since she was born.

My husband comes home from work one day all excited because a bunch of his co-workers play this game called WoW together; get the baby in her carseat because we’re going to Fry’s for some retail therapy.

We got everything set up and his friends pulled us into their guild (the luckiest, best thing that ever happened to my WoW experience). They were playing Alliance, so I made a human mage (because I was in a very magic-chucker kind of mindset for RPGs at the time), and I stumbled out into the wilds of Elwynn Forest with absolutely no idea what I was doing or what I’d gotten myself into.

It took me about five months to get to 60 because I was an incredible noob, but once I got there, I was tutored through how to raid, and I followed instructions to the very best of my ability. I farmed essences and rune cloth and felcloth and gromsblood and I sold bags on the AH and I got my FR gear in order. My first raid was LBRS. I was literally just carried because they wanted to get me started on attunement and they wanted me to listen on comms, watch, and do absolutely nothing else. After that, it was full speed ahead. I did Onyxia many times, and I ran lower-geared people through Scholo and Strath too many times to count. In all of this, we had a great time.

I graduated from Ony runs to being invited to Molten Core. I sat in the mage chat channel talking and getting advice from the other mages while we conjured food and water for 45 people (alternates for swapping out). I still remember my first MC night. Because we had new people on this run, our RL went through every fight over comms, and it was amazing. I’d never seen anything like that. Coordination and tuning rotations. I had the mage leader telling me what to do and my house leader telling me what to do, and at no time was any of it hostile. Slowly, I got better at what I was doing. I got some good drops. And I got invited to Blackwing Lair.

In all that time during the early days, I had no idea that I was in a really lucky place. I’d been taken in by a family-oriented progression guild that was both welcoming and friendly while also being good at this game. I loved my first toon. She’s still sitting there on that server in 6/8 Netherwind like the relic from another era that she is.

I know how lucky I was, now. I haven’t played a mage since vanilla, and my guild hasn’t focused on WoW since the end of BC. I discovered healing in late BC/early Wrath, and that was just IT for me. It’s been priesting or monking ever since. Still. My first toon was great, and the years I spent playing this game on that character were really fun.

4 Likes

Two of my friends gifted me the battle chest for Christmas shortly after Cata release 2010. Had never played; no idea what I was doing, and was playing on an ancient computer to boot. I started with a Draenei hunter, but my computer didn’t like the graphics in Draenei starter land. Switched to a Dwarf hunter and had no problems in Dun Morogh, so a Dwarf I stayed for quite a while. I still play that character:

2 Likes

Yeah, I played dps for awhile until my guild really needed a healer in cata. Became a resto shaman and never turned back. Every expansion I level a healer first. Soo much fun.

1 Like

My First character was a night elf rogue back in vanilla which i was terrible at since i never popped my cool downs because i was too scared to use them and ‘incase’ i needed them later. Accidentally soul-binding white weapons to my self because i though i could take my friends weapons, apply poisons to them and trade them back. And vendoring red broken gear, feeling dissapointed cause i liked that item till i discovered you could repair at level 40 at vendors.

When warsong gulch first came out and when que times were taking too long i’d stealth over to the other side and see if any horde were queuing up. The first time i snuck in and grabbed flag from the horde room i was so nervous and had so much adrenaline in me my mouse hand was vibrating so much the mouse kept hitting the desk in a rata tat tat.

I was studying in China when BC first came out in January 2007. Got my friend to download BC on cd’s and ship it over to me from Australia cause internet was too unstable to download the game. Made this current toon, cause new race and class for Alliance; and played in LAN Cafe’s. I used to have crowds of people behind me watching me play as BC didnt come out in china till September 2007.

3 Likes

My first character was a Gnome mage back in Vanilla. At the time it was my elder brother who got me into playing the game, but back then WoW did not interest me as much so I stuck with playing single player games. Once my elder brother left my first character left with him. Back then I was never a regular player so I wouldn’t call myself a WoW veteran.

After a few years I came back during Mist of Pandaria when I had more time to play and enjoy myself, though after the first week or two of Warlords of Draenor I left WoW again. I then came back again on this account (wanted to start fresh) at the end of Legion and here I am.

Not sure if I will be continue playing as times change as well as circumstances, but at the moment I am enjoying the time I do get on and the people I have gotten to know within my guild.

1 Like

Night Elf Hunter of course. I thought I was being original as for some reason I thought not many players would be a Night Elf Hunter.

I dressed her up in Intellect gear because I wanted to be “smarter.” I fished for hours to save up enough silver to buy that sweet white quality vendor bow. I thought the AH was for high level players. I deleted stuff (greens, junk, good stuff) when my bags were full because I didn’t know I could sell to vendors.

I got all the way to level 25 when I discovered that I couldn’t play with my friend. We met in SW and couldn’t see each other (my first MMO so didn’t know about different servers.)

Yes, I put in a ticket about it…

Because I wanted to play with my friend I deleted my hunter (yes, I didn’t know I could have more than one character) and rolled a new NE Hunter on my friend’s server.

I challenge anyone to prove they were more nooby than me lol.

I sure wish I could have that hunter back…

5 Likes

Ha! I had this happen, too, except it was right away with my first character in Draenei starter zone. My friend logged onto her higher level character and tried to find me and couldn’t. She asked me what I was near, and I said, “glowy purple crystals” which is pretty much that whole zone and therefore not helpful at all. And then we figured out that I was on a starter realm instead of her realm.

I also remember my Dwarf hunter wearing that cloth veil helm from one of the early Hinterlands quest because he didn’t have a helm yet and that was the first quest to award one. I figured any helm was better than no helm so he ran around hinterlands in a cloth veil covering the lower part of his face. :sweat_smile: :laughing:

2 Likes

LoL!
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one :smiley:

2 Likes

I started towards the end of bc right before wrath i made a undead warlock on blackwater raiders and leveled her to 10 then deleted her and made a draenei priest on terrokar got her to 60 and then made my first dk when wrath hit. she is a nelf dk ((also on terrokar)) leveled her to 65 then went back to horde and made a belf hunter on moon guard then after leveling her to where i could make a dk i made this toon and since then ive never looked back. Now my draenei priest is an undead priest on moon guard.

2 Likes

I made a male tauren warrior after playing wc3 for ages. Now I have played multiple MMORPGs before this so I wasn’t so lost, but I still ended up equipping a grey staff because it had better damage…
My rng wasn’t great but I had quite a good time leveling to 20, then I couldn’t get back since I couldn’t convince my parents to let me use their credit card.
When I eventually returned, I made ANOTHER tauren warrior because I apparently made another wow account instead of continuing the previous.
Went up to cataclysm levels this time, didn’t have money to buy the expansion… So another break it was.
Finally returned in MoP, got to max level and kept my sub running since then, with maybe little breaks inbetween. After trying raiding I realised I was the worst dps player ever and went heals.

If you remember what server you were on, you may still be able to recover a deleted character; I think you can only “undelete” one per month, or something along those lines. Surprisingly, even warriors I deleted years ago were in my recovery options when I last looked on mine.
There’s an option in the character select screen in the lower right, “restore deleted character.” I think it only appears if you’ve deleted characters, and it’s server-specific, but you can always open a ticket, too. Worth a shot. :wink:

3 Likes

This is my first toon, I am very attached to her.

I started playing in Cata on an old macbook (so everything was very dark). I had never played a game like this before, but my friend said I’d enjoy it. I was so bad, I received the falling from high places achievement the first day I played (night elf tree ramps were a bit challenging for me).

I started on a pvp server, and spent a lot of time dead as the server was primarily horde. But my friend enjoyed it because when I’d get ganked, he’d come and gank the gankers. I on the other hand didn’t enjoy it at all, so I learned to level really late at night when no one was around. I was so glad when the guild moved to a pve server.
I was amazed at the world, and I still am, so much so, that I do not like spoilers at all. I like to experience new xpacs or patches as they come out.

1 Like

First character I set foot into Azeroth is this Night Elf Rogue right here. I can’t give the exact time only vaguely during mid or late Burning Crusade. When Karazhan was the big deal for a raid and I’m guessing Sunwell Plateau.

At the time, I’d only played Warcraft 2. I never touched Warcraft 3, I knew next to nothing. It was also the time I avoided WoW on the account of hearing so many tales from others of how addicting it was (commonly called on some occasions World of Warcrack)

It was around this time, a long time friend I know asked, pleaded even somewhat begged for me to join. I resisted time and time again as I didn’t want to fall into that pit of gaming addiction. My friend’s perseverance payed off in the end.

At the time Blizzard was doing this trial where you create a character and explore for maybe two three weeks for free. I figured ok may as well try this out.

As I looked through the classes and races I chose alliance due to said friend being alliance. I browsed each class for the night elf and looked at the description for each. I chose the rogue because I thought to myself.“Warrior and Hunter probably makes the game too easy to level given the gear and weapons they have. I want a challenge.” (hoo boy I had NO idea what challenge I was giving myself.)

Character was created, name was given and boom! Seeing the cutscene as the narrator describes the backstory of the night elves and what we were going up against.

I must say the challenge I gave myself was monsterous. No idea what rogues were capable of, unaware of the concept of gear and its uses. I remember throwing out much cloth cause I had no idea what its purpose was as the meats among others (did not know about first aid and cooking at the time. Leveling those up so late in the game was painful.) The talent tree system was confusing so I chose what looked good unaware of the builds.

To say my journey through Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms was easy, I assure you it was anything but. I did that “rite of passage” all night elves did when they landed at Menethil Harbor. I was utterly lost when I set foot into Ironforge cause the map looked jumbled and confusing. Leveling in itself was also difficult on the account of the rogues abilites, talents and how sparse coin was.

The journey was long, hard and even frustrating at times. But I powered through (with my friends help whenever he was on.)

Years later and my rogue is still kicking (no pun) I’ll never forget those times and honestly who would not? So much sweat and tears worked into a toon. Would not trade all that time for nothing. Cept maybe learning to play a rogue better then blindly.

3 Likes