Your Favorite Rp Race or Class

As the title says! Do you guys have a specific race or class that you love rping? Is there a certain aspect of the lore of said race or class that gets your attention? Maybe there a combination of the two that ultimately makes you think of a character that might be interesting? Obviously there might be other factors that might influence what character you rp, but for the sake of the topic, we’ll focus on races and classes. I’d love to hear what you guys have to say!

Most of my RP toons are velfs anymore. But I do have my human main. The three classes I mostly rp are warrior, hunter, and mage.

While my main will forever be my Human Warlock, with his well thought out, subtle and detailed RP, I can’t help but tend to fall back on my Forsaken DK or Panda Monk when I’m actually looking to do walk up RP. The roleplay all but writes itself!

Unrepentant undead? Prance and skip through a crowd, singing a creepy nursery rhyme before giggling like a school girl. “Little Worgens hid with their wall! Little Worgens watched it all fall! All the King’s horses! All the King’s men! Couldn’t put Gilneas together again! Teeee hee hee hee!” … I mean, come on, how is that not gonna get at least SOME reaction? XD

Drunken sage? Take any bit of Eastern wisdom or a meme and make it about food. “… The difference between hungriness and horniness, is in the placement of the cucumber. Meditate on this.” PERFECT conversation starters for taverns! lol

1 Like

Draenei. I like my hoofbois.

2 Likes

I actually have 3 Worgen. It helps I’ve been obsessed with Werewolves since middle school, but I like how diverse their characters can be, even based on the curse itself. My main, Sword here, loves the curse. He loves the increased strength, speed, and senses it brought him as a warrior. His brother, a rogue, has mixed feelings. He tries to hide it, but has no problem whipping out his cursed form for intimidation. Their sister is the opposite of Sword. She’s a priestess that feels she was cursed because she faltered in her path of the light, and struggles to do everything she can to remain in her human form at all times.

With each of these play styles, I’ve been able to build a personality around it and give them quirks. Sword is always Worgen, and acts a bit like a dog. He’s extremely loyal to those he cares for and will fight to the death to defend them. Darrowson uses his form for aggression, so whenever he’s transformed back from his form, he remains a bit more aggressive and easy to anger for a short period of time after the transformation. Leahtri is timid and soft-spoken in an effort to repel her anger and stop her transformations. Definitely fun family reunions… even if they can’t happen ICly cuz they’re all on one account.

My experience is very limited, but I’m really loving the Worgen so far. :smiley:

This is my cute little worgen. Woot! I love any character that can turn into animals. I just think that’s so cool. I will probably also love the little fox people, whenever I get around to accessing them.

Velfs can be fun for sure and there are a lot of interesting ways to play them. They’re pretty flexible and it allows for the variety to pop up. Also I’m more familiar with warrior and mage rp in comparison to hunter rp. It’s something I need to give a go one day.

All I’m picturing in the moment of the Pandaren is just taking a yoga mat in the middle of a tavern and then meditating there. I don’t know if it’s my strange mind or what, but I feel like that’d be interesting to see.

clomp, clomp, clomp Here I come!

That definitely sounds like rather complex characters. I’m sure that they’re fun to rp and I’m sure people have fun rping with them. I do also know the struggle of not being able to rp all your characters due to account restrictions, though it’s all about finding ways to convey the same story without it.

The pack is growing as we speak!

But wait, there’s more! To be honest, I’ve never really rped a worgen, though it’s something I hear people who do play them are quite passionate about. I’m not too sure about vulpera yet, but I bet they’ll have a following.

1 Like

Death knights for life. :skull:

1 Like

I really like Tauren the problem is I’ve yet to find consistency with Shu’halo RP. I get into a bind and find either a good group of people that eventually bail out or end up switching things up and going in such a lore breaking route I just can’t be inclined to follow so…

With that though I enjoy most Alliance races. Some of my best roleplay I’ve had was as a Draenei and a Pandaren.

Shaman tbh, they can have some interesting RP with elements and interactions with elementals and all that stuff.

My main is a mage priest and I’ve been enjoying that class combo a lot. There’s flexibility and multiple avenues to rp.

Night elves and rogues, but I especially love night elf druids despite my race and class

I like all the classes except hunter and kinda meh about monks. Fave races: Draenei, Pandaren, Gnome and Vulpera.

Pandaren no question. I have a large love for ancient Chinese history and the pandaren and Pandaria play into this perfectly. That being said, the number of ‘comedic’ pandaren rpers stain the race’s reputation.

1 Like

I honestly did not think I’d be having as much fun with Void Elves as I am. I really enjoyed the story and questing with Alleria (especially her correcting Locus-Walker), and I like Umbric and his initial response (“Lady Alleria! What an honor!”; something accurate considering he was addressing Alleria Windrunner).

But it’s been fun to play someone who has first hand knowledge of Horde life as a member of the Alliance. “Orgrimmar? Positively dreadful. Spikes everywhere. Hideous ‘buildings’, no attempt to cultivate the land…and buffoons as far as the eye can see.”

Also, with the whole Void thing, you get to do that kind of ad hoc miscellaneous magic powers thing that’s just neat.

And as an elf, you get the leeway of choosing how old you are.

Plus, the grappling hook. Nothing like reminding people you’re an old woman who enjoys her tea before grapping to the top of a building and leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

2 Likes

Void Elf mages are pretty OP, but I still love my Gnome Priest :slight_smile:

Kaldorei. I try to play other races, but the characters always languish. And rogues – combat rogues (it’ll never be “Outlaw” in my heart). (I also love warrior and vengeance demon hunter if I don’t feel like sneaking around.)

I love that rogues can be good guys or bad guys or genuinely morally grey – I dual-classed rogue/pally in my last DnD game, she worshipped Trithereon the god of Individuality, Liberty, Retribution, and Self-Defense. Chaotic Good assassin for her god, defending the defenseless, hunting down slavers, and wreaking vengeance on behalf of those who couldn’t seek it themselves.

Night elves are perfectly suited for this class. Their godess blessed them with the ability to be basically invisible just by standing still, for goodess sake. (Poor Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy, he knew it could be done, he just needed Elune.)

Class… I’d definitely say Priest.

-This guy is basically a Discipline Priest IC and a grumpy old war veteran.
-Then I have a Voidfallen Draenei (ie former Lightforged) who was made that way by an accident.
-I have a very shy and soft-spoken holy Priest who is secretly a Worgen… she hates the curse, thinks it’s unholy, and is a typical grace priestess.
-Lastly I have a Black Moon Priestess, but I never really got to play or or RP her. Pity, as I do love the idea.

As for races, mainly Blood Elves (especially now that I know their lore.)
Though I do RP pretty much every race out there, and have enjoyed all of them.

I’ve rped as a dk for a long time. I’ve always enjoyed it. I’ve also enjoyed rp as Worgen. Lately I’ve enjoyed playing and rping my monk that I race changed to a Kul’Tiran though.