Your Character's Voice

What does your character’s voice sound like? How do they tend to converse with others?

One challenge - you can NOT say their voice is similar to a voice actor/singer/another character’s voice. Comparing them to an animal, instrument or something else is all fair game, though.

2 Likes

With Kali I’d say fairly youthful/young adult given agewise can still be seen as a boy to his elven peers and patients and coming from a noble family [father’s side he was a fairly well known priest of the light in their community] he does occasionally give off a slight posh tone once in a while.

His brother has more of a snarky pitch,one you’d imagine for a former soldier turned mechanic and mercenary. Often gives a flirty tone towards the direction of a pretty lady.

Tandrina has a rather meek and demure tone to her voice,one that could convey her to be a mousey young mage. [may post one with voice claims anyway but decided to do a descriptive post to follow the challenge :D]

Alutem the warlock has a very cocky tone to his voice when speaking and very spastic when in a situation that warrants him and his imp Belrin to run as fast as their legs can carry them. His imp Belrin I’ve always pictured with a kinda raspy,deep Brooklyn or Bostonian accent.

1 Like

As a human, Artie has a deep, calm voice. He also tend to avoid talking loudly since he’s so shy.

As a wolf he yells all the time, growls constantly and changes from shy and calm to angry and loud. But the deep voice remains, so he tends to scare children as a giant wolf man who sounds like a particularly foul-mouthed nightmare

1 Like

For Zirahael, imagine the soft if firm voice typical of Night Elven sentinels, but demonic, louder, and with an unnatural echo to it where her every word and sound is simultaneously mirrored by anywhere from 1 to 12 different voices at a lower volume from the many demons trapped within her body. A side effect of her voice is that it can sometimes linger in the back of a mortal listener’s mind, and elicit minor sensations of burning, lust, anger, pleasure or pain.

Contrary to popular belief, Zirahael is actually very social and outgoing in casual settings, although she often has trouble finding conversation partners outside of the Illidari, as both mortals and demons alike tend to shy away from her for some reason.

Kathleen Turner with a head cold.

What else would a wolf woman sound like?

If anyone here has played Starcraft, the original?

Tassadar. Shaheed sounds like Tassadar.

1 Like

Immediately Vesthi’s voice is husky with a more gruff overtone. As she speaks a disembodied quality becomes evident, lending an unsettling quality. As a Demon Hunter, Vesthi is accustomed to short information exchange and concise instruction. This often makes her rather curt with others. Her humor is dark lending her a humorless quality when involved in common-civil interactions.

She’s a being bred for warfare. If she’s not hunting her prey or bathing in their innards she’s a fish out of water.

Raede’s voice is relatively high pitched for a man, with a slightly nasal quality to it but not so much that it is overbearing. The tones are clear and somewhat lilted rather than fuller and darker. When he speaks it tends to be in hushed tones and is somewhat calming. He uses a large range of emotion in his voice. Care and concern is one thing that comes through his voice on a consistent basis, because despite being a demon hunter, he tries to be a decent person.

Kalisandrah here has more of a calm, soft and gentle tone, like many of the women in her kingdom have. However, she can be loud, clear and commanding if need be, due to her position as a former Farstrider, before she had declared herself as neutral.

My worgen druidess Kassandra in human form has a soft, yet clear tone in her voice, though her Gilnean accent has been mostly muddled by her Thalasssian accent, due to her Sin’dorei husband Teramar teaching her to speak in Thalasssian over the last several year.

In her worgen form it’s relatively the same, though her voice is slightly deeper in tone.

Asana’s an I guess medium-toned voice. Clear and strong, still youthful and pleasant. Her manner of speaking is very tomboyish. Blunt, whimsical, playful and full of snappy comebacks. Tends to swear easily if annoyed.

But she’s very friendly and overall is a social person. If you talk to her you get a sense of confidence and optimistic energy behind her voice.

Cailean’s voice isn’t much different from any other Gnome’s voice. At least not to other tall-folk. Cailean might have argued differently, that clearly his voice was distinct enough from any other Gnome; but these days it mattered little to him. The most obvious distinction however would come from his age, as well as his time among the tall-folk. His speech is slower and much more pronounced, with adequately placed pauses to allow said tall-folk to hear and understand him clearly enough. His voice tone is often low and full of patience and compassion, as any grandfatherly figure’s would be. Only on occasion when his thoughts weigh heavy or he’s exerted himself too much does the weight of his years press upon him, and his voice trembles.

1 Like

Zal is an extension of me if i had light-given super powers. So he speaks like he’s from upstate new york, has a very dry wit. Its a sort of baritone. Not quite high pitched, not quite low pitched. He can’t sing, but his wife tells him he can, so he thinks he can. He often hums familiar tunes in his head while he’s fighting, as he doesn’t particularly like meting out death, nor how good he is at doing so. As such, and since he’s been around since Vanilla, there is a slight sadness he speaks with that he knows is there, so he tries to hide it with sarcasm.

Gruff, Scottish, and coughing up soot when he talks.

Like an old british knight who’s tired as hell.

Very polited and composed manner of speech that very much betrays how he was when alive.

A very dry sense of humor, with gallows-like jokes. Overall, Death Knight Gharion is -or at least tries to appear as- a very calm man despite dispite the glowing eyes and echoing voice.

Except of course when he’s yelling “APOCALYPSE!” At the top of his lungs in a battlefield- thats just the kind of things that make undeath worth living you know?

basically the voice of like a kul’tiran vendor, the skinny ones, but a bit more heavier since he’s not so skinny.

Hmmm…

What conjures in my mind its the neutral Spanish/Castillian accent as I myself am Spanish,

Vencio’s voice is deep, soft and very low pitched.

Vencio is 42 years old

Javier Bardem (a Spanish actor) voice is an influence on how Vencio might sound like, especially his persona of Armando Salazar in this clip

Lián has a deeper, powerful voice with a thick Chinese accent.
But, she does squeak on the higher notes.

Smooth and husky, with a hint of swagger.

Not raspy or deep.

I wish so badly we could customize the voice at least a little bit. That being said, Cora is the strong silent type, but I like to think when she does speak it’s lower-pitched and confident. A bit edgy

2 Likes

Aanka was a warm, motherly voice. It’s not necessarily old, but it has a sagely rhythm to it.

1 Like