Your character name mispronouced

cough

My 1st Diablo character was named Sundawn, still love that name :slight_smile:

It’s pronounced Sayr-ZY-on, like in Zion National Park :grinning: I usually capitalize the Z to show the phonetic emphasis, but WoW names don’t allow it lol.

1 Like

The amount of people that say “Katern/Katurn” is annoying. Has no one played the Star Wars Dark Forces games with Kyle Katarn?

Yes
/10char

People call me “Ahh-chay” or “Archy” “ayyych” or “acne” all the time. Which I find quite perplexing.

All. The. Time.
Hanse. Rhymes with Pants.

Not Honz or Honza or Hanzee.
Lol. :joy:

H

vah-Rah-ray

Not ‘ferrari’.

That’s ok. The forum itself is mispronouncing your race, which is weird because “human” isn’t even remotely close to diapergnome…

I’ve gone by various versions of “Lynx” for a couple of decades now across most games I play. I only went “Nightlynx” in WoW back during vanilla because Lynx got nabbed on launch day before I could get home from school and make my character, lol.

However, “Lynx” - being pronounced like “links”, as in the type of cat - often gets mispronounced as “Linux” as in the operating system. Once I even got called “Linksys” like the modem/router company… lol

No, it normally just gets shortened to small.

…The body…

Nay, lad. If they did I’d have to ask them what on Azeroth they were thinkin :laughing:

Back in the day, my main was a Mage called Sanil. All my guild mates called me Snail because I played on dial up for years.

Felt bad man.

I used to have a Mistweaver named Kotek. Kotek means “kitten” in Polish. It is a nice name and cute.

Raid lead and subsequently everyone else on my team started calling me “Kotex”, as in the feminine hygiene products.

1 Like

It’s hard to mispronounce Gaahr but boy do some people manage with flying colors.

I lold

They could call you ‘Bobby’, 'eh?:wink:

Too many people pronounce this character as “Pie-rax-os”. It is “Fear-ix-us”

1 Like

4 year old necro? seriously?