Your Character and N-RP!

So, this just seems like a fun thing to do.

What are some Neutral RPs that your character has engaged in that were memorable in a positive way?

For Example, Loh used to be incredibly leery of Night Elves leading up to the Light of All summit since he’d been hearing about how they were aggressive, bitter from the treaty and regarded trolls as animals. Then the GM of Silver Circle Fey happened and literally broke down said conceptions by speaking at the summit and casually conversing with Loh after it in a polite manner and even asked how his people were recovering after BoDA.

1 Like

Lahil used to REALLY not like any Forsaken. He thought they all were irredeemably evil, brain washed by Sylvanas. He thought this up until recently actually before the end of the 4th war meeting two that hated Sylvanas and even were healers talking about how they fought to protect life.

3 Likes

One time Anayaka RPed in Booty Bay. It was mostly us drinking, scowling at each other and mild insults.

1 Like

Not on this character, but back in the day I had some cross-faction where a Forsaken traitor gave my vengeful sniper a list of the dark rangers involved with Southshore’s invasion. In return, he had to eliminate some of the Forsaken’s problematic enemies.

1 Like

Sarestha took on the traditional Forsaken attitudes towards humans for a time, coming to despise the Alliance and all who stood with them as effectively traitors to the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Her attitude was challenged when Anduin effectively forgave the Horde, aided Saurfang without making any demands for concessions, and then sought peace. She wouldn’t have done the same in his shoes, so it challenged a lot of pre-held assumptions.

In terms of direct neutral RPs though… She had a conversation with a Paladin named Bastaela (I probably butchered that spelling) at a Teldrassil memorial style event , and despite being natural enemies in one way, the two came to an understanding, which was a powerful moment for her.

The other significant one would’ve been the Peace Rally thing I ran. Ben Grandblade’s words of support really struck her - he had faith in her despite all her people had done, and that was again, a powerful thing for Sarestha.

To sum up both those interactions, I guess Sarestha has always defined herself by her hatred of the Scourge. A big part of her development this xpac though was that, in the Night Elven lands… SHE was the Scourge. To be forgiven of that, even praised, for changing the direction in her unlife… Well, it means a lot.

So yeah the toon who was originally designed to be a fanatical Sylvanas loyalist is gradually becoming more and more trusting of the Alliance, which has been cool character development :smiley: She’s still a Horde loyalist through and through, and I don’t think that’ll stop. But she’d much rather cooperation than conflict, and intends to do all she can to prevent war.

2 Likes

On my main Highborne Mage character, Astrea Evermoon, I’ve been engaged in a plotline with a Nightborne Mage, Shal’ithra, if memory serves (it’s been a while since was collaborated). The two met during the inaugural gathering for the Conclave of Stars, the Highborne themed Battle.net community I made some time ago.

To summarize, sometime after that meeting Shal and Astrea met again in Dalaran. Shal sought Astrea’s help in recovering a powerful artifact from the time of the Empire, to which Astrea agreed. What followed was a series of instances where the two combined their talents to find and follow leads to the whereabouts of the artifact.

The last one we did had them thwarting the machinations of a Wretched cultist who had been heavily abusing the leylines in Felaras for use in an ascension ritual. Shal blew up an Ogre, got custody of a demon in exchange for the cultist’s soul and playfully flirted with Astrea, which she was having none of; also Astrea nearly died trying sort things out with the leylines. Good times.

The story is only nearly done but it’ll probably be some time before we can return to it, schedules permitting.

1 Like

One of my Alliance characters went to Moonglade and met a Horde Blood Elf hunter.

It was a positive, friendly experience.

Then my character died two weeks later.

Consequences.

—————

Actually, I just remembered I had a very fun experience just yesterday!

My Alliance alt was walking around Lakeshire, and suddenly a little girl in a pink dress ran up to me. I thought it was an NPC at first, but she was targeting me, so I knew it must’ve been a player! Yet the little girl’s name above the head was lit up orange just like Horde characters. BUT she was in Lakeshire! Around the Alliance people! Not only that, but another Alliance elf came up and both of them spoke in the shared Elf language and they understood each other!

I pulled up a webpage of WoW emotes and did as many friendly ones as I could, and we semi-communicated.

The little girl beckoned me over, away from the guards, and then transformed!!! into a Horde Blood Elf male! ERP ensued (kidding, kidding! ROFL). We did more friendly emotes and it was so hilarious. I really enjoyed the whole encounter, especially since I wasn’t previously aware of whatever quest he must have been on! Fun times.

Meet a nice human baker in Dalaran, handing out baked goods samples. Rae spent the next hour eating pastries and chatting with them at the Legerdemain Lounge. She’s still trying to figure out where that person’s bakery is located in Stormwind and how to get there without dying.