You would think you would be able to grind renown easily at 40

Nope, drops are very low apparently unless your doing layer 12’s or keys -_-, sigh why do they always gate things like they do. There is no point honestly and it just makes getting all my conduits upgraded just that more tedious.

5 Likes

Supposedly it is dropping in the Comp Stomp battleground… Try it out. You might want to go Mercenary and skip the queue though.

2 Likes

You get 3 per world boss, you get it from LFR, you get it from any difficulty dungeon, you get it from pvp, callings almost always give it if you aren’t near max. The weeklies will give it if you aren’t close to max.

Yes, it is fast. Even before the token to skip to 40 it wasn’t difficult to hit 80 renown.

1 Like

I got 2 out of 5 CompStomps, I gave up after 5, the only point in going is for renown and if it’s going to be drawn out I’d rather come back to SL years later when I can solo the raids and dungeons and just farm it that way then.

Just tedious, always tedious.

2 Likes

Weirdly, on PTR, the weekly “grind 20 souls in the Maw” quest gave Renown again.

It doesn’t on live.

This needs no merc mode. This is the week long event (most) horde loves. Insta pops…edit: If like last one.

The worst day of the week is the last day. And knowing on reset next day…its back to youtube for 30 minutes at a time lol.

Well I never said it wasn’t tedious, only that it is fast.

1 Like

It says it will for me, maybe it depends on your current renown level? I’m at 63 Renown

1 Like

It did for my alt as well.

The patch is gonna be here a while anyway. And by the time the week is over, you’ll have forgotten this grind.

It might - though I checked on the PTR as recently as a few days ago using a fresh character copy of this paladin and saw it as a source o Renown, so I presume they must have changed something (I’m at 78, so only need the two weekly quests to max out anyway, so maybe that’s why).

Whether it’s fast or slow means nothing. The content is tedious. That’s what matters.

Pretty much this, I know I can do the grind, yet to get it done to where I need it to be is going to be a lot of effort than should be required given I’m starting at 40 renown, so I should be getting levels from basic things like heroics, but you don’t sadly. With comp stomp being a great method right now to get some levels. Due to the short match duration and free wins it provides due to the NPC’s just being stupid.

You absolutely can get them from heroics. Hell, you can get them from normals.

Just do comp stomp, 1 per win up to 40, then still its like 1 every 2 or 3 wins for a while

It would be instant pops for Horde only if there are enough Alliance queueing. Merc mode allows Horde to play as Alliance. Alliance will never see this because there aren’t enough people.

In 9.3 they will make all renown account wide.

Comp stomp is AI bots. Not alliance people. Got the horde peeps…they get fed bots. Bots for days…

Jsut did this on my lunch break in the BE hunter. Barely enough time to upgrade gear between matches lol.

I do this to load up on the intro lower pvp gear lol. Not great but…till I scrape up conquest its a start.

Side note since some seem to be new to this as well. Until team push to stable (or farm) for the 5 point sweep AI sends out stealth teams to other areas. So don’t leave stuff unmanned after cap.

Stable/farm especially. they like those. Killed a few bot rogues and druids here.

Not really, I’m at 40 renown as I was kyrian before I went venthyr, and so heroics really don’t drop renown much anymore. Which takes a bit of time to clear per run in comparison to things like comp stomp. Keys to me would be the best route as low keys should be high enough difficulty for later renown grinding.