You were so close blizzard

Everyone is super happy that you brought pvp vendors back and the old pvp gearing system (with a slight twist.) Unfortunately Its nearly impossible to gear with that system pve is mandatory. 550 conquest a week is hardly enough for one piece of gear. It takes 10 weeks to get one weapon. Thats a bit too much.

11 Likes

The points per week versus the prices of gear is pretty comparable to seasons when the gear was actually purchasable using Conquest.

Additionally, we get 3 shots at one good piece of PVP gear per week from the Great vault, further speeding gearing a bit.

Weapons don’t require 5000 Conquest earned anymore.

4 Likes

yeah double rng is always great lol

Not to mention that the pvp weapons are covenent specific, venthyr gets access to a vers mastery fist weapon, but kyrian doesn’t, so my monk is going to have to do the heroic raid in order to even get a weapon

Meanwhile you can spam M+7 for 200 ilvl gear. Random gear doesn’t even drop from winning arenas anymore.

PvP gearing in shadowlands is, dare I say it, worse than BFA at this point. It will be better than BFA in 10 weeks from now when conquest cap on fresh level 60’s is 5500.

1 Like

Back then if u wanted a piece on the 1st week you had to buy a small piece at 1250 conquest, you saved for weapons and big pieces, its going to be ok.

The problem is people who play this game nowadays want things and they want it now!!!

1 Like

Yea that is a problem. It’s equally a problem when PvE players can want things now and obtain them if they spam enough M+

How many arenas can you spam this week for a full set of 200+ ilvl gear in comparison? That’s my point.

2 Likes

the 1 fix they most need to make is removing the renown 22 gate on upgrading honor gear that high, imo. that would singly fix the discrepancy rn for me

7 Likes

retwet murpi

1 Like

you talk like epics are dropping non stop in m+, they have nerfed the gear drops

3 Likes

Nah I’m talking like the possibility to gear above 200+ item level through M+ is possible. Can you say the same for arenas?

1 Like

a pvp vendor with the great vault system is better than random gear with bad stats that people could get in bfa, this one is better, is it perfect? no

1 Like

how is this even a statement? the random gear drops from arena wins were WORTHLESS except for the first week.

it really isnt. the gear upgrades in bfa were hardly noticeable half the time, gear is sooo much more meaningful in sl

its VERY similar to how gear functioned before legion destroyed our gearing system

You can’t target those items, I spent 30 mins doing a dungeon and I got a 194 crit mastery cloak, I rather wear my 184 one from honor with the right stats.

3 Likes

Gear doesn’t drop like it did in Legion and BFA also, M+ are harder than before.

1 Like

Ok lets say you do 50 mythic + dungeons this week. Which is 7+ dungeons daily.

Compare that to someone doing 500 arenas in a week.

Who will be more geared for arenas?

Conquest cap of 550 is the biggest yikes of all time. Should have been 1000 atleast. Do you not understand that PvPer’s are CAPPED at how good their gear can be in the first few weeks? Does this same cap exist for those that PvE? Yes or no? In b4 people say “lol nobody does 50+ mythics per week”.

1 Like

Yea really seemed that way watching cervantes breeze through +7’s and +8’s yesterday

nothing is stopping you from doing m+

if you’re spamming 50 m+ a week you arent qing arenas

so how is this a problem again? even if you were lucky enough to get at least 1 piece per 5 runs, theres zero guarantee that any of those pieces are for a different slot, zero guarantee its even a piece you want, and its not even higher ilvl than what you can get from arena or the raid

i can already get higher ilvl gear than anyone spamming m+

even if they did still have random drops from arena (which were lower ilvl) it still wouldnt be good enough to compete with the system we have right now, which is guaranteed gear that we want for specific slots with ideal stats

you can keep malding at m+ gear all you want, they nerfed the ilvl and droprate on that gear extremely hard