You Tube posting

Hi Folks

Appologies ahead of time if this is the wrong place to ask

Did Youtube get removed as a trusted site. Some of my lvl 2 trust level friends don’t seem to be able to link from it anymore

1 Like

Testing … (and this is first time this character has posted – so I’m effectively Trust Level 0)

Link: https://youtu.be/cFFCwQ1-pIw

(Disclaimer: Shameless plug, this is my own video. I wanted to make sure it would be a safe one to link.)

Ok, so if you stop it from doing the thumbnail preview, then you can still link it. So just have it near some text and it should be fine.

Yep, one look at the music thread in off-topic confirms a change. I hope it was not intended.

Unless you have TL3, you cannot currently embed a YouTube video in your post. Up until two days ago (give or take), you could.

:arrow_left: TL2

To Akupunkture’s point, it looks like it’s the thumbnail that is stopped, we can still post links.

Makes no sense that they’d make a change to just block thumbnails and make no announcement - so I’m hoping it was an unintended item too

1 Like

I can’t post links at TL2 =(

I mean, I can beat that with tildes, but I can’t do it natively.

After all this time, I was often in the habit of finding where I left off and just hitting ‘play,’ which would proceed through the songs I hadn’t heard yet. Ain’t gonna happen with copypasta-ing links =( Oh, well.

We’re not aware of any intentional changes to this but we asked last week to have it double checked.

7 Likes

Hi Kalviery

Yeah, didn’t think this would be an intentional change - oppsies happen :slight_smile:

Thanks for a double check :smiley:

2 Likes

Testing posting on a TL3 toon:

Hello there Kalviery

Looks like my TL2 friends can post again (within the last 12 hours or so)

This might be resolved

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I hadn’t heard anything back myself but sometimes that’s how it goes :smiley: You send something off and it just gets fixed.

2 Likes

Can confirm that it’s the thumbnail previews that have been censored still. You can get around it though by deleting the platform variant text at the end of the URL.

For which TL?

I am TL2, posting this without any of the trickery needed earlier like urls in their own post or putting urls next to text:

1 Like