Cycle of some wow players

demand more realms due to high pop
demand free xfers off
demand realm mergers from low pop
demand free xfers
demand more realm mergers from lower pop
don’t forget demand free xfers
rinse and repeat.

problem with locking them would be locking out half a guild if all the members didnt get in on time. maybe saying full when they were at vanilla version of full would have been a deturant. but it doesnt really matter atm because they will ALL be full on launch, except maybe a new one that opens up on launch.

It’s only beta
It’s only name registration
It’s only launch day
It’s only the first week
It’s only phase one

1 Like

Technology has to evolve. Their servers today are more advanced than back then, or so I would hope.

Layering is also in place to address this, and we all know how we feel about that.

GIVE ME HEROD OR GIVE ME DEATH! 10k QUES DONT SCARE THE MIGHTY HEROD

Layering :sunglasses:

Classic will have a small fraction of what Retail has.

Also I really wish mods would start moving these to the Classic forum where they belong.

Oh look another post about how hilariously unprepared Blizzard is for the zerg rush incoming on the horizon. They clearly don’t really care about launch week and plan on a much smaller number of player retention per time zone. They really want that authentic launch feel of every sever being completely full. Then putting a band aid on it and launch another few servers that will peter out in a few months because everybody and their brother picked the high pop servers. Then people get mad at the que and go back to retail or their private server of choice.

It’s been what decades since wow has been out and they don’t understand that people tend to congregate especially WHEN YOU ONLY GIVE THEM 3 CHOICES. Ofc one server would be hilariously overcroweded. It’s named after a easily remembered mob and has a 33.3% chance of being randomly picked.

Game hasn’t even launched and they fumbled.

Its Classic not Vanilla, we have gone through this time and time again…THERE WILL BE CHANGES.

Also, this is just another “I didnt get my name and want a redo” thread in disguise.

…NEXT!

Yes this is why Stalagg, one should have never been named this … SMH. But more importantly, should have been announced after the locked the other ones as releasing in 4 days at this time (or w/e) so people could have chosen to pick up and move their and rush for their names. The way Blizz did it made few people, save solo players or tourists, want to migrate there.

Right now if Blizz did this it would in short time gain more pop than Stalagg.

This community cries way too much. Has always cried way too much. Community crying and whining is what brought us demonstrable failures like LFG and raid finder and silly “gear for everyone!” schemes. You brought down the game. The less Blizzard listens to you the better.

4 Likes