You think you want more realms, but you don't

We advised you that there were not enough realms. This was ignored.

If a medium realm today already has more characters than the highest pops in Vanilla, then you have already failed to re-create the authentic experience, by definition. Has anyone at the team pointed out in a meeting that 20K or more people on a realm means the community will NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO USE THE CHAT! Everything will be flying by so fast that you won’t be able to search for groups, offer enchants, sell rares, report ninjas, troll, or even just crack Chuck Norris jokes in the barrens.

You didn’t lock the realms when they hit 10k, 20k, or even 30k players. Instead, you just add one more server, which by your own definition, already has more people on it than an authentic experience server would. Where did the logic go?

The solution - Wipe all the server names & characters, and re-do the name reservation with all new server names, to prevent anyone from trying to be loyal to a Herod or Faerlina “Community”. Lock all servers at 15K, and open more as needed. Use logic, please. Do it on the 24th, when most people can attend.

You only get one chance at this. If you screw it up, these people are either gone back to the private servers for good, or done playing wow forever. Either way, it’s ez money down the tubes for Blizz.

11 Likes

There are enough realms. The issue is that people are all clustering on a quarter of them.

Spread out…

16 Likes

Oh and to be clear…

AWWW HELLL NAWWWW.

10 Likes

Read the quote… then, consider that every realm is currently at medium or higher population. Then apply brain powers…

2 Likes

Yes. Even the newly commissioned server is at medium and nothing is at low. I expect by the 26th they should add another PVE server and a couple of PVP servers.

yep, back again to the same thing " u think u know but u dont " …

2 Likes

I’m all for blaming activision blizzard on the ridiculous stuff they’ve pulled throughout the years but at some point, the onus falls on the end users. We’re 10 days before the game launches and they have made it abundantly clear that Herod is over populated well in advance and they opened a new server accordingly. And yet, a bunch of people refuse to move because of “meh name, meh community etc” in a game that’s not even live yet. That’s entirely the player base’s fault if Herod launches with a 10 hours queue.

The truth is, blizzard doesn’t care if people stay on Herod. We’re in no position to say: “do this and that if you want us to move”. It’s them telling us: “move or deal with insane queue times”. Whether we do it or not, is irrelevant to them.

17 Likes

they are scared to commit to more realms because they think half the people are here because classic is the flavor of the week and they will soon drop off

4 Likes

I am with you 100% on this. The point I’m trying to make is that the situation is one of Blizzard’s making, and they need to own it and take drastic actions to prevent further problems. Blizzard can say people on those Full servers are left to their own devices, but I think they owe it to paying customers to make a good faith effort to create a successful atmosphere.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you on that. Everyone knows that they’re gonna open up more servers at some point so I feel like they should probably do it sooner rather than later. What I don’t agree with though is a full wipe of what’s currently in place. At the end of the day, it probably wouldn’t change anything since a big portion of the blame lies on us, the players. Even with a clean slate, the mentalities that lead to this point would still be there. People that wanted to avoid streamers, language barrier and whatnot will still all flock to the same servers. The only solution is just using some common sense, both from us and blizzard.

i mean we will get more realms though, thats the most likely thing to occur

100% true. However, they need to have a little faith in the game. I mean it’s only the best game ever created, right? Pretty much literally…

Nothing a million layers can’t solve :frowning:

hell to the naw naw

lol. WTF some weird stuff

There were like 50 NA servers in 1.12 Vanilla. And they givings us like 8!!!

How is that Vanilla?!

1 Like

Honestly… i feel kile it is smart.
They are only releasing mew servers when certain threshholds are met.

4 Likes

This exactly. I think they are playing it right. If people don’t want to leave Herod so be it. The option awaits you to. Don’t cry there aren’t enough realms when the others AREN’T full!! Maybe once they’re at capacity more will be created.

Part of the ‘Wall of NO’ reasoning was that there would not be enough interest to fill a single server. Right now we have 12 servers about to be full.

They really should have started locking servers when they reached a certain capacity.

3 Likes