You tease nerfs and then radio silence?

What’s going on? Are you giving us some relief from the bleeding of players to FFXIV?

3 Likes

yey the participation trophy crowd is back

13 Likes

I’m in a casual guild, none of us what nerfs.

Just play the game, it can be done.

8 Likes

Fair point. The problem with the nerfs was the lack of communication … so they decided to revert it then return to a lack of communication?

2 Likes

8/10 dad gamer here. Wouldn’t mind nerfs, but would much much prefer lockout extensions until the end of this phase at the very least. But some communication either way would be great…

I would prefer to kill it without the nerfs, of course. With the bleeding of players due to their unwillingness to farm for the consumes and repairs involved in that is the reason I want them. When a server has 50+ guilds, including 10/10 guilds desperately trying to recruit to maintain full raid teams then you have a problem.

This is the server’s problem. Should not be 50+ guilds. All you 8/10 guilds need to cut the slackers and reform and make a 10/10. Same with every other server. 10/10 guild has no problems recruiting I bet.

Sorry state for some of these 8/10 guilds. Nerfs will not make you 10/10. It’s the players, not the encounter.

3 Likes

We gave the skill set if we are not replacing 5+ people every month over burn out. It feels like we have geared half the server but when you look at it most of that gear is sitting on dead accounts. Who folds? We are a day one guild. We struggle with recruiting like all others despite easily going 8/10 in 1 night then people log and never log back in before we can get a progression night and the recruiting pool is full of people that haven’t killed alar let alone made pulls on either end boss. We had exactly 1 guild approach us for a merger when we were looking into it. They had nothing of quality to offer and wanted me to ditch our tanks and half our healers for theirs despite ours being substantially better. Basically their officers wanted my pumpers to fix them. Not a chance… Our kill times are top 5 to top 15 on the server. Mechanics are handled. The main complaint I get from people quitting is that they are sick of fighting bots to farm, stuff is too expensive, and they are tired of a rotating door. So they choose to become the latter making the problem worse. None of them have quit gaming. I see their activity in discord. They are playing new world and FFXIV. The nerfs discussed would reduce the attempts needed and get rid of a bit of the RNG, especially on tidewalker. This would reduce consumable costs which would reduce the financial impact of the bots and gold sellers on their bottom line. This would offer relief of the 2 biggest complaints which should reduce the third. We would have a consistent raid group so I do not have to teach new people ever stinking week how we are approaching a fight. This is needed at this point for the health of guilds going into p3. Every guild has a core of like 15 people that are rock solid and another 5 or so that are good enough to not ditch. You can’t make mergers work with that, especially when those rock solid people are almost always tanks and 3-4 healers.

That’s just not true.

1 Like

They said they were going to take a week to listen to the feedback though. Has it even been a week since the announcement?

It has… It was announced last monday and immediately pulled. They have their feedback, we deserve to know the plan. It has impacts on roster selection for next lockout and raids happening tonight.

Well they have been making posts later in the day when they do make them, I wouldn’t expect anything until at least 5 or 6 pm tomorrow.

They shouldn’t need to say anything, the nerfs shouldn’t happen until phase 3

Specifically at least a week.

This sounds like they will have some internal discussion after at least a week has passed. It doesn’t sound (to me at least) like they planned on updating the community within one week.

1 Like

"We’re still discussing this and looking at options from a design perspective. We haven’t made any decisions yet, and we won’t be making any changes of this sort in the next week.

Please feel free to continue the discussion, as your feedback is highly valuable to us."

Update from today. Giving it another week.

1 Like

And then you’ll get into phase 3 and be in the same situation, stuck on Archimonde and Illidan, unable to beat them. And then you’ll be calling for them to be nerfed, too.

The nerfs to prior phase content will come with the next phase, and it’s for guilds like yours. Just wait for them, IMO, if you don’t want to merge with another guild. It sucks that your guild is struggling, but not everyone gets to be in first place.

4 Likes

We’re 10/10 now please go ahead and nerf.

1 Like

They just posted in the thread, maybe it wasn’t there when you posted this.

Apparently they are reading the discussion, no nerfs this week, no decision made yet.

Imagine just being good and doing both raids in 3 hours a week… so then you can enjoy all your other games the rest of the week?

Just be better? Idk.

1 Like

This thread is ridiculous.