You shouldn't be able to solo old raids/dungeons

It is a little weird that I can solo old raids. On the other hand, it allows me to see content for the sake of the story that I couldn’t do at the time.

Would making them always max level really make others run them with me? Or would it just mean I’d never see that content?

Your typical elitist attitude for everything.
You can’t encourage group play, you can only discourage solo play, which your typical raid or else elitist pushes for.

Absolutely no one cares that you feel “bothered” by people running raids for xmog, or mount tries with expansions that are 7+ years old. People running those raids has absolutely no impact on you, other than your apparent need to make other people more miserable than you are.

3 Likes

This is not the problem we have. The problem is, as mentioned above, is that lore-correct colorization (Alliance Blue, Horde Red) are FOMO, gatekeeped as limited rewards in various stages across the game, while the “regular colors” should be accessible for everyone. If you want a neon-colorization, then go for FOMO content, but not regular ones. It’s basically the same problem as with the vicious mounts, but the stuff I talk about are lost now.

Do we agree that non-canon stuff should be FOMO and canon-based rewards not?

I really don’t care what the cosmetics look like in terms of canon vs not-canon. The source is what matters, and if they can do better regarding which colors come from which source in the future, that’s great. There’s also plenty of people who would still be upset because they want the neon version and now that’d be the unobtainable one instead, so it’s not a silver bullet by any means.

Of course it is. You picked this alt up with a Horde tabard. Imagine you weren’t allowed to wear it, because you are not allowed to it but a black one, which is off-color.

I have zero tolerance for your non-conforming “Don’t care”-behavior. We don’t need this coming from a CC-user. For what reason are you else in this program? Because you are bored in RL? You are here, for us, not for your own desires. You speak for us. Otherwise it was certainly a mistake from Blizzard to give you this position - and I’m certain, most of us will agree with this.

1 Like

This character is literally just wearing whatever you end up with at the end of Exile’s Reach because I had to get through that to post on NA forums. What it looks like is entirely irrelevant to me.

And no, it’s not a silver bullet. Just because you want the lore-appropriate colors to be the “default, available for everybody forever” colors doesn’t mean everybody does. Other people might prefer if the neon colors were the base version because those are the ones they want, and they’d be fine with the lore-appropriate ones being limited time.

I’m not an elected representative or whatever. I’m here to bring my own views and feedback to the discussion, and by bringing in a variety of different people to the CC Blizzard ends up with a variety of viewpoints. I absolutely do not speak for you, or anybody else except myself (except for what you can extrapolate based on what kind of player I am)

This would be a welcomed change by many, myself included. The fun of gaining power as we level has been basically removed with global scaling, and it has ruined the experience for me.

It would also allow the people that are trying to get on the M+ hamster wheel as fast as possible a way to still do that. I like your suggestion.
:heavy_plus_sign::point_up:

1 Like

This is what the game needs and should do. We are talking about digital goods with no expire date which you do not own. You leased them. If this wouldn’t be an actual problem within the game, then we would have certainly not a discussion about it. You haven’t even been aware of it and your lack of empathy represents a bad faith discussion. While I agree that not everything should be available, this is one of the biggest mistakes they have done in the game and it should be addressed.

Gatekeeping canon designs to the 1%, what a ridiculous concept it is. This needs to be changed for a better and I’m glad that even other CC-members do not support you in this.

You are representing us all through your presence there, if you like it or not. Your postings in the CC have been problematic and customer unfriendly to say at least with your constant defensive behavior torwards “pixels”. I’m just glad that the community managers do pick up the feedback across all boards what the majority wants. Your opinion is too outlandish for the needs of the current and new generation.

I repeat myself: We do not gatekeep for the 1%, the game is financed by the mass and they should have access to (almost all) the things they want.

1 Like

Don’t bother with Tradu. They’re the epitome of contrarian. I have never seen anyone as consistent with the worst takes and opinions as them.

It’s what you think the game needs to and should do. I’m not sure if I’m just failing to communicate what I’m trying to say, because you’re just arguing past it entirely. You wanting the canon designs to be the ones permanently available does not mean everybody wants it to be those. For me personally it could be either one, it’s not important to me which color scheme goes where. But there will absolutely be people whose opinions are just as valid as yours who would rather have the neon color scheme available forever and the canon ones be the time limited ones.

It doesn’t matter which design is limited, there will always be somebody who thinks it should be the other way around (and some who think none should be limited at all, or probably even some who think they all should be). Essentially, let’s say there’s 2 designs. Blue and pink. You’re saying the blue one should always be the one that’s available for everybody, because that’s the lore appropriate Alliance color. I’m saying I don’t mind which one they choose (I’d absolutely say that it’s better if it’s not always the same one, though, because a variety of colors being available is good), and there would certainly be somebody who’d rather the pink one is always available. Those are all 3 just opinions, and your lore argument is valid, but so is their “I like pink”.

I am on for this, seriously many raids are very fun to play but wasted after a major patch. :frowning:

I’m simply just correcting your twisted way of thinking, because this limited belief of FOMO, prestige, pressure and digital goods = “value” is a very problematic opinion which should not be allowed to expressed. Not only does it shows the selfish side of a person, it also makes your whole statement worth- and pointless for the simple reason that you do not own anything in this game and yet you believe you doing it for the “cause”.

That’s because you never paid attention to it. You know that Light is yellow within the game, the Void purple and so on. As a long-term player you should be aware of the canon colors for races, spell effects and clothing the game uses. By locking them away to the 1% you tell the average player that they worth less. And yes, while we have other items to acquire, they are most of the time non-racial or simply a theme which does not fit the character or the race isn’t playable. This should not happen in an almost 20-year old game.

Is it a valid option to gatekeep content from the casual player?
Or to remove/gatekeep flying before Dragonflight with an achievement, making covenant choices “important”, reducing armor values, making Azerite and so on?

No. Common sense still prevails. Not every opinion is valued, respected or tolerated. Some of the most questionable design choices were done to further down the rat maze and it’s MAU - and not to make the game better. And this also one of them. You can’t look like canon NPCs, you are punished to wear off-colors, while the sets were obtainable. It’s not only immersion-breaking but also offensive towards players, who enjoy their races they play. You might disagree with me here but for a game, which tries so, so much to make the player the Chosen One, Champion and everything in-between, it simply fails at the transmogs the player can acquire.

Why do you think they started to roll out these class armors with this Trading Post? Because they know they have screwed up on several occasions and limited the players too much into a theme of the expansion narrative, while the player races history and transmogs are very, very limited (unless it’s part of the theme and became playable, like Pandaren, Zandalari Trolls, …).

The opinion of those, who gatekeep digital items (!), is not necessary for the discussion going further down. For two reasons. First of all, Final Fantasy 14 does FOMO much better and secondly, a game which punishes all players and especially newcomers, shows lack and insecurity when it uses FOMO as a main drive.

3 Likes

Again you are literally the definition of insanity. Just keep repeating the same robot script expecting different results. I’m sure your reply will be “You do realize no one actually disagrees with me right?.”

by “not everyone” i think you mean “virtually no one.” also you think also you think “cheapens the old content and makes it not as fun…or memorable” is logical? you must be GOP.

Didn’t bother reading the post. The title gave me a solid chuckle, though. The only response I think something like this warrants is “good one, Jack”.

I want old content to be solo farmable periodt. That’s what made me as a new player felt rewarded. I now see that current expansion and end game shenanigans just isnt as rewarding. This game is very micromanagey on rewards and it’s abusive to create addictive gameplay.

that’s all well and good until you try to get said group for the content. This does not work for several reasons. 1, a lot of hardcore mount farmers do not want to run with anyone as they don’t wanna chance anyone else in the group getting it. 2, I can’t even find people that wanna run ones I have the mount in, people wanna run them when they wanna run them, not immediately. 3, player availability. The number of people running current content makes it hard to find anyone during normal evening hours. 4, you get more loot and therefore more gold if mount hunting isn’t your only interest in the instance. 5, Mount hunting isn’t something everyone does, so the theory you just need to find a group every time you wanna do anything does not work, at all. 6, there is absolutely zero point in implementing something like this, we get stronger every expansion, so to make everything else stronger too, there would be no point in even having levels at that point.

The LOTRO devs are like that. They’ve got probably a tenth of the dev team WoW has, but they’re unapologetic and 100% unwavering about soloing old raids.

Their stance: if you can do it, fine…but we’re not making them easy to solo on purpose and we’d prefer it if you couldn’t. Get a couple of friends and go cheese them. The whole point of that content is to experience it with other people and that’s the bare minimum we’re asking of you to get those rewards.

Interestingly enough, the player base is pretty split on it. Lots of WoW transplants feel entitled to solo the old raids, but a lot of the long-time vets are on board with SSG’s stance.

between 2 accounts it took me 625 tries to get Invincible. You know how long it would take me to find 625 groups wanting to run for it? That’s just one of many 1% mounts I’ve farmed. Try your theory for yourself, you will soon see that nobody wants this.

That’s also a general issue when it comes with player rewards. FF14’s solution is so much better in this regard, I wonder why they haven’t added it to WoW yet.