You refuse to listen to your community (about twinks)

I dont know about you all, but these suggestions for separating queues is terrible IMO.

Have any of you queued for battlegrounds past level 50? Its a slog of 25 minute queues constantly. Fracturing the brackets even more is a terrible idea. These are no longer the days when you could get Alterac Valley games going in any bracket. The population of levelers is just not high enough with 110 boosts in the game. Maybe now that we have reduced leveling times it will be beter, but its still pretty bad right now.

4 Likes

this.

I am leveling a Hunter right now, by doing BGs only. all I have is heirlooms and what I get from boxes. It is not that bad.

Are there twinks that just decimate me? - yes… (using this opportunity, I would love to say hello to all the arcane mages in 29 and 39 bracket, and my mom, dad, uncle Ben, and granny Elizabeth).

But it is, honestly, not bad at all. Ques are abysmal though, so separating the ques would suck…

I love pvp, and I love leveling by doing BGs. It would suck for me, if they would separate the ques even more, and make it next impossible to level like that.

2 Likes

Or it could be like it was when they split them before, queue times actually got faster because more people were inclined to queue. I saw several who claimed this so I tested it myself and I remember my queue times being around 15ish minutes and went to an average of 8 minutes after the split. :thinking:

2 Likes

New expansions and prepatches ALWAYS reduce queue times. 60s during the prepatch was a 4 minute queue, and now its 25 minutes. I don’t think any of us know for certain what is the cause of that, because it happens every expansion. Perhaps we’re both correct to a point. Everyone starts playing again out of excitement for a new expansion, new spells, new PVP balance. There were even way more twinks playing during the prepatch compared to now.

3.2 Introduced direct Experience within Battlegrounds.
The dedicated players were sitting nice on fully enchanted BOA items, which was same era. Majority of levelers had no chance at getting them due to currency grind. Once again the dedicated players were prosperous.
I remember how strong my two-handed BOA Axe was in comparison to anything available. 3.80 speed with fat stats, Crusader of course was killer.
Xp on brackets had Twinks! and the forums exploded.

Here’s an interesting thread

2 Likes

I don’t do battlegrounds anymore. If they separate the queues again I’d start playing them again. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Even the casuals have to notice they stand little chance against twinks. Why would they want to keep joining to get farmed?

7 Likes

I’mma keep it real with you chief.

I literally do not give a squirrel fart if your queue times skyrocket because you’re forced to only play against people with a fighting chance.

2 Likes

Thank you for the support.

6 Likes

The issue I personally see with twinking, and this is my opinion, feel free to disagree since just because I feel this way doesn’t make me wrong or right, but…

The main thing that annoys me is the fact that it’s so common for twinks to completely decimate levelers who enjoy PvP - Sure, we could just turn off EXP and become twinks, but then what’s that for? The point was to level after all. So, basically, if you want to level through PvP, you need to win the “Does-My-Team-Have-More-Twinks” coin flip, or completely get rid of the purpose of doing PvP to begin with.

I don’t enjoy dungeons or leveling in the world anymore because it’s repeating the same thing over and over - I enjoy PvP because it offers more variety. So, I either do content I don’t enjoy at all, or content I enjoy but have no fighting chance in. It’s a lose-lose, and I can’t say there are many people in this boat, since I don’t know, but I don’t like it, for lack of better words.

Tl;dr I don’t like twinking because it makes leveling a chore for me (and potentially some people, idk) and the only solution is to not level by becoming a twink, or doing content that isn’t enjoyable.

5 Likes

If it takes you so long to level a new toon to max level, that low level BG’s are this much of a problem that you need to QQ about it on the forums, then maybe MMO’s aren’t for you? Clearly, being from Gnomeregan you have no idea what it’s like to get ganked in world PVP by someone 20+ levels from you at low level, or anything actually annoying like that. Just out of curiosity, do you get like this when someone completely destroys you in 120 BG’s, or arena? Like, why should anybody who spends hours, or days to get BiS 120 PVP gear be allowed to play casual 120’s amirite? “Where does it end?” I guess is my main question…

5 Likes

imo it ends at 120, since that’s where the downside I said I feel ends, yet again that’s just my opinion, everyone else is entitled to theirs

Just let twinks BG with other twinks and their easily obtained gear and skills that are similar to each other. They keep repeating how easy it is, well go easily fight each other and leave the levelers out of it. Twink wars! super fun for twinks!!! Oh wait , thats not what you want, you want little lvl 22 in his greens to beat to death
and then farm him in his graveyard till he leaves.
You twinks are so tough but the moment we try an offer a fair idea where you are pitted against other players just like yourselves you cry or get insulting.

6 Likes

Regardless of whether I agree with it I understand it, but I do feel it detracts from leveling.

1 Like

Delusional.

Git gud.

you want little lvl 22 in his greens to beat to death
and then farm him in his graveyard till he leaves.

I mean, I’ve never once said that’s what I want, but thanks for speaking for me lol It seems like the problem you have, is with people GY camping, that just so happen to be twinks, not every single twink. Glad I could point that out. So, when you see someone doing that, do you just assume that they’re twinks? That’s kind of wrong isn’t it?

the moment we try an offer a fair idea where you are pitted against other players just like yourselves you cry or get insulting

If all I wanted to make a twink for was crushing people with greens, I wouldn’t need BiS lol For that matter, I wouldn’t have rolled a nelf rogue, and I wouldn’t have a lowly 59% win/loss ratio lol

Would you be kind enough to explain this?
Thank you.

By lvl 50 everyone leveling has discovered that if you’re not a geared twink yourself you’re going to spend most of the battle getting pounded on by twinks. Answer to that problem is to stop queuing for battle grounds, its futile.
Remove twinks from the equation = more levelers queue, problem solved.

4 Likes

You mean to tell me you dont want to put effort into leveling your character?

noooooo… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

lol you funny guy, made me laugh :slight_smile: Have to admit this topic is a tense one. sheesh.

1 Like