You people will never be satisfied, apparently

Clone is $35

“WAHH BLIZZ IS SO GREEDY SHAMELESS CASH GRAB WAHH”

Price gets reduced to $15 after large outcry

“WAHH BLIZZ SET IT HIGH ON PURPOSE SO THEY CAN LOWER IT TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD”

Honestly, this forum’s ability to perform mental gymnastics and find evil malice behind every action Blizzard takes is astounding. Why do you sub to the game only to whine and cry and moan about every decision Blizzard makes? If you hate them so much and think they are so evil and so greedy, UNSUB. Cancel your sub. Stop giving them money. Vote with your wallet.

Don’t just sit here and whine about everything they do while giving them $15 every month, you hypocrites.

27 Likes

It is in no way hypocritical to advocate for change from a service that you are paying for.

Or, do you just hate capitalism?

5 Likes

Somebody named “Profits” doesn’t have the ability to see how to manipulate prices and haggle to get what you want and make a profit :smiley:

3 Likes

This is new age consumer activism. You screech, spam, exaggerate, lie, and never relent in the name of a favorable compromise. I blame Elizabeth Warren.

5 Likes

Why should you be satisfied? Blizzard is not your friend mate its not your uncle. They are providing you a service for a fee advocate for your own interests not a corporations.

9 Likes

See, they don’t even hide their agenda/tactics. Lol

lol

/10 chars

I can see outrage over the cost of, like, the subscription going up, or the base game’s cost being outrageous. Or, like, if they threw tier sets on the shop and you had to pay cash for them.

Stuff like that, that is a necessary pay wall to play the game properly, that’s frustrating, and I’ll totally get behind those complaints.

But we have a lot of people who get mad when anything cosmetic appears on the shop, or that the shop exists, or that Blizzard found a way to make more money without impeding the actual game in any way, and I don’t get it.

Seems like a whole lot of effort to pretend to be upset about optional things to spend money on that don’t impede the game.

Man, I’m paying my 6 month sub that I’ve been paying for 16 years now. It’s never gone up in price in that 16 years. But I get WoW classic servers to play on, I’m getting TBC servers to play on, I got my retail characters.

I get all of these games to play for that subscription price from 2004. They even throw in a store mount now every so often, just for subscribing to a game I’m already playing.

I’m content. I’m happy they found a way to make shareholders happy, and the folks at the top happy, without pushing the cost in the way of me and the game I enjoy playing.

I’m not here to fight Capitalism, I’m here to play a game. They do nothing that gets in the way of that with their microtransactions.

Also, why do people need the same character in both versions of the game anyway? I mean, I’m happy they provide you that optional service to have, but isn’t leveling the bulk of the game anyway.

5 Likes

There is no justification for any charge for this “service.” It was Blizzard’s decision to clone toons in the first place, rather than simply offering existing Classic players the option to move on to BC, end of.

It takes less than 0.03 seconds to copy a toon, a fact that is evident if you have ever copied a toon on the PTR.

That they even thought to charge as much as $15 to let you play in both worlds when it costs Blizzard ZERO to provide this option is absurd.

8 Likes

So don’t buy it, man. Won’t change the way the game plays at all.

4 Likes

Of course! Just offering my $0.02 :smiley:

Charging $10,000 to play also wouldn’t change how the game plays at all

1 Like

My thought was $35 was too much so said so. However, I was happy when the price was dropped to $15 so said that too. My personal opinion is businesses are there to make money but if the price is too high then people won’t pay it. I don’t care if they used business tactics when lowering the price. They could have easily put the clones on sale in a month instead. If the original price was $15 or $20 I just would have bought it and said nothing on the forums etc. I can’t speak for anyone elses comments.

2 Likes

I’m with you, my moo.
But people gotta fight the power.

1 Like

I mean, if nobody bought it, it would certainly affect gameplay because you’d have nobody to do anything with in this game that literally requires people to play with in any serious capacity. Your logic is kinda flawed and notably circular.

Well, I stopped subbing to the game for over 5 years because of these tactics and the game I loved had died after playing it for over 10+ years. Soo I guess I did stop giving them money? They got me to come back for a bit with the sale of Shadowlands, but I wish there was a counter that showed exactly just how much money you’ve spent since the inception of this game.

I did love WoW and missed it, it’s nice to come back and see some of the same faces on my server, but since coming back it feels like they are doing everything in their power to make money now instead. They’ve changed a lot of things I don’t like like not being able to farm ICC solo on alts that were not max level anymore, weird minor things like that.

3 Likes

Nah brah
If nobody buys the company will be so desperate that they’ll revert every change that ever made a #nochanges poster weep in dispair

It doesn’t change gameplay and you’re assuming that people are all interested in raiding seriously aren’t you because there’s many other things to do in game that don’t require great numbers or seriousness

Always ironic when someone complains about people complaining.

The people complaining are still complaining about the initial $35 price. They are just taking another opportunity to berate Blizz.

Personally I have only ever bought one thing from Blizz not including the standard sub/expansion cost. I bought the deluxe edition for BfA for the mount and I was so ashamed afterward I never even used it. And obviously never did it again.

I suggest that everyone else just not give Blizzard more money than you absolutely must to play the game. Anyone who gives Blizz optional sums of money is just supporting their current business model.

You have the right to say no.

3 Likes

Pretty much anything other than quests and farming professions requires more than yourself…

I said great numbers.
There will be people. Maybe not for a vibrant raiding scene but most everything else will be a-ok.