You keep saying you're listening: Remove the Deserter Debuff from kicks

It was great waiting around when I was 24, not so great now with an important job and a kid. Time for most of us is tight now, and I don’t think I should be waiting 30 mins to relist just because some druid wanted off-specc gear and went in with his bully mates.

It’s beyond toxic. It’s allowing massively toxic behavior so that you can avoid minor toxic behavior.

I get the intention but it backfired. Change it. The number of posts about this is (hopefully) an indicator that it is necessary.

9 Likes

Welcome to the closer to retail era of classic!

A better title would be remove it for those who were kicked, don’t give people who leave because it’s X dungeon a way to make their selfishness go unpunished.

5 Likes

This is true

3 Likes

Toxic is the tank that does not want to requeue for a different dungeon and forces the group to kick him to avoid the deserter debuff.

No matter what, the system is as toxic, primarily because of the lack of liability due to the anonymity of mega servers and RDF.

It is still solvable. The party can move on slowly without the tank, make him waste his time anyway. One DPS can respecc and go tanking.

The cases I mention, there’s no other way unless you become the bully yourself. Which the game, at its current state, is incentivizing.

Heck, people are answering me in other threads with “team up and gank on them so they don’t gank on you. this is a war”.

What the actual…

How is this a solution? Most groups wont be able to finish the dungeon without a pseudo tank and will be stuck at the first boss they encounter. Your solution still results in either the tank gets the kick he wishes for or the group is forced to disband, if they dont have someone able and willing to tank in the group.

Sorry, you didn’t live up to the standards of the neckbeards who play cata classic.

1 Like

I just got kicked from a Lost City because the tank and I guess ‘friends’ said to mount from 2nd to 3rd boss without killing croc boss. I tell them the last boss will not spawn without killing croc and I get kicked. hope they enjoy backtracking through all the trash they just ‘skipped’ This deserter debuff on being kicked for no reason is terrible.

2 Likes

It’s not, but it sure beats the situation the comment below is in

So allow one person to hold the entire group hostage. Got it lol no

This argument doesn’t work:

1 - It’s saying “force the person to stay in a dungeon they don’t want to”, which is as bad as holding a group hostage.

2 - The group can just remove the person and wait for a new tank and/or healer. It won’t take 30 mins.

3 - The group can move on without them. Some groups even have people who can respecc into tanks and tank.

All these solutions can be achieved with you playing the game alone without having to require any other players to be available at the time that you want to do a dungeon (namely guildies or friends).

The opposite presents the following solutions:

1 - Make yourself a group.

2 - Accept the punishment for doing nothing wrong.

3 - Bow down to the bullies and lick their boots and they might not kick you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.