You just couldn't leave it alone, Blizzard?

Now, see what you did right there. That, is rude. Calling out friendly advices and brushing them off as “trolling”.

You need to understand not everyone can play a druid as effectively because people’s brain and IQ are wired out to be different.

Yours, for example seem to be the kind that require a more straightforward kind of playstyyle.

Again, I must stress that I am not saying you are in anyway retarded, mentally deranged, nor am I implying you have a severe case of Down’s Syndrome BECAUSE YOU CAN’T EVEN COMPREHEND A SIMPLE MACRO WITH THAT PEANUT BRAIN OF YOURS.

I am just saying, prehaps, you might wish to consider… a more simple style of play that would stimulate your brain in a more enjoyable manner. :slightly_smiling_face:

Imagine being mad at a change that focuses on enhancing gameplay just for the sake of nostalgia. Let’s waste more time and mana for the sake of the wonderful memories. I still cannot believe what I just read.

3 Likes

Naah, it’s just that a “museum piece” is supposed to be left alone.

These are Blizzard’s words, not mine :). In fact, fyi it does affect gameplay, particularly in pvp, when a decision to shape-shift is critical and you have to consider whether to shift into an intermediate form… you may, for instance, lack the mana to shapeshift again, or you may not have the durability to endure a shapeshift, or time in which to do it…

It’s subtle, I know, but I noticed a startling difference when the change (happy day) finally came in Wrath.

But yes, for the sake of retaining what Classic is and what “challenges” Classic mechanics pose to game play, I wish TF Blizzard would just leave Classic alone.

1 Like

:yawning_face:

It is obvious by now, that you never played a Vanilla or BC druid and you aren’t playing one in Classic either.

They say mirrors are useful to reflect and ponder one’s self. Have you tried getting one?

OP is correct, this did not exist in vanilla and is a change.

2 Likes

BTW, it is also apparent that you entirely missed my point. I just had a real good look at your macro.

Apart from the errant inclusion of (!) in the last line, all your macro does, is turn you into a cat or whatever form you put into the macro.

Happily Blizzard provided form dedicated moves that accomplish exactly the same thing, for instance “Dash.” Pressing this key will shapeshift you and give you sprint.

What my post is directed at is a change that was made to the druid shapeshifting mechanic in Wrath. In that change, it became possible to switch directly from one shapeshift form to another (e.g., cat to bear, etc) without first turning back into humanoid form.

The original mechanic required a shift to “druid” form in between shapeshifts. This mechanic affected gameplay, as these shifts used mana and time, both of which are dear in combat.

As of today’s patch, you can shift in and out of each form without first turning back into a druid. This is an empirically observable change in druid mechanics. This change was not part of the original game. It was never part of Classic until today.

It also originally was not possible to speak to a vendor in shapeshift form. You had to press a button in order to turn back into druid form. If you were in shapeshift form and clicked on a vendor or flight path, you got a message saying "you cannot do that while shapeshifted. This was an active mechanic in Classic since launch until today’s patch.

As of today’s patch, you are automatically shifted to druid form when you click on a vendor or flight path. This is an empirically observable change. This change was not part of the original game. It was never part of Classic until today.

As I mentioned to another poster, it matters to me because Classic was supposed to be “a museum piece” – meaning no changes. And the more changes that are made, the less Classic resembles Vanilla – warts and all.

This change does affect combat mechanics and, particularly in pvp. Classic/Vanilla had its good points and bad, but each affected gameplay. Each change changes that.

1 Like

So? They fixed something now that should have been fixed in 2005.

Do you yell at kids to stay off your lawn, by chance?

1 Like

Cauchy,

I agree, this never should have been an issue in Vanilla. But it was part of the original game. You can’t deny that it affected gameplay and decision making during combat. NTM it was a pain in the a rse generally.

BUT… it’s Classic. We were promised a museum piece. Instead, it’s slowly being modified. This is the road to retail and I hope we all still want to avoid that.

They’ve already put boosts in TBC… what’s next, transmog?

If Blizzard wants to do a Classic Plus, I’ve no problem with that. But I wish they would let us old timers who love Classic, warts and all, alone.

1 Like

Firstly, I strongly suggest taking a course in effective writing. Keep your points short, simple, and to the point. My eyes almost bled trying to read this whole wall of text.

Secondly, I am not obligated to give you a full list of working macros based on what you need. At least, not with that attitude and that tone of voice.

Thirdly, the macro I posted essentially makes shifting out into humanoid form and into another animal form almost non existent, and makes it so seamless that it is as good as shifting from one form to the next.

Lastly, this has really no impact on druid WoW Classic gameplay and does not degrade my experience of playing a druid when I compare it with my Vanilla experience. The macro does the same job with or without these changes in both pve and pvp.

Also, see what I did there? Effective and efficient writting! Try it sometime. :coffee:

I’m glad to hear that you feel this way about direct feedback, junior. Very glad. That means you shouldn’t be too butthurt about what I’m going to say next. That’s always good to know before eviscerating a moron, who likely wasn’t even born when WoW first launched, and certainly never played true vanilla. Which, by the way is what THIS forum happens to be about. WoW Classic. A topic that you know nothing about.

How high does your IQ have to be to know that what is being discussed here, in this WoW Classic forum, is NOT how “shape shifting has evolved over the years”. It’s about how shapeshifting was in Vanilla (aka Classic) Wow. Since you are clearly a noob, who probably started playing in Legion, I know you have no direct knowledge of what WoW was like 17 or 18 years ago. But even though you have been engineered to have the attention span of a gnat, you should at least have the mental capacity to recall, let’s say, last Friday. Can your mind think back that far? Because as of last Friday, none of my druids could directly shapeshift from cat to bear, talk to vendors, take a flight somewhere, or a multitude of other things without shapeshifting into the intermediate “druid” form. There used to be an error message that even told you that you could not perform certain activities “while in shapeshift form”. And now, it just does it for you when you try, which is a feature not added to the game until later expansions. Which you would know if you had actually played this game before Legion, which given your complete lack of knowledge regarding class mechanics, you more than likely didn’t.

And given your lack of fundamental knowledge of this topic (and most likely, a WIDE variety of other topics) I have to wonder just exactly why you decided to chime in and offer your 2 cents (although it is starting to feel more like you gave us all a bill instead) on a topic about which you are profoundly ignorant.

That’s true Velara. But this fool doesn’t know what he doesn’t know. I remember when they made this change to the class, and it was loooooong after Vanilla. Don’t get me wrong. I liked it very much when they finally did make this change, and overall, it was an improvement to the class.

But that having been said, it was NEVER a part of Vanilla, and wasn’t even a part of WoW Classic until this patch. Why some idiot chose to attempt to “debate” this with you is beyond me, but you know how kids are these days.

Your macro doesn’t work. But more to the point of this thread, do you currently need a macro, addon, or ANYTHING else in the digital world to switch from bear to cat without the intermediate druid step? Because there was no way to do it in Vanilla, or WoW Classic Era until after this patch. THAT is the subject here in this thread. Take your meds and try to stay focused on the actual topic.

When you are in a hole, jump in. I will be glad to hand you a shovel. Strong response to follow, assuming the other KNOWLEDGEABLE people haven’t already eviscerated you sufficiently, and you feel compelled to keep digging.

You are welcome.

2 Likes

:yawning_face:

1 Like

I can’t figure out why they fix some things and not others. I tried making sense of it all, but I can’t.

No Changes didn’t work largley because of the community. Too much exploitation… Too much toxicity. We won’t have a museum piece, and the players are at least part of the reason why.

1 Like

I agree. You can’t please everyone. Oh btw, I didn’t want you to believe that I opposed the change itself. My druid danced for joy when they made it. But… it doesn’t belong in Classic.

I quit playing my druid in Classic… Partly because of the clunkiness.

There’s a certain charm to the old game. However, the QoL changes made through retail’s history exist for a reason.

Looking back (and I do) I think many of the QoL changes ruined the game.

I love flight, hated when they removed it and stuck Pathfinger up our bums

I hated removing downranking, still do

Talents have been replaced with “here’s something we took away from you last xpac”

Class mechanics are far too easy

I could go on, but the truth of it is, I don’t play retail anymore. Stopped at WoD.

I do love Classic and I want to hang on to the old dear, “warts and all.”

P.S. As of today, druid “clunkiness” is gone. Try it LOL.

most def

1 Like

Agreed. But it doesn’t belong in Classic imho. :wink:

2 Likes

Of course it doesn’t!

2 Likes

Is this what a violent domestic household in America sounds like these days? How about you post on your Classic Toon instead of gibberish. The way I see it you have zero credibility.

Coming from a level 40 retailer. What a surprise! My attention span is slightly more than the time it takes to shift out of animal form to humanoid, and to another animal form. I don’t think the same can be said for you given the way you smash that keyboard of yours by the time you are in humanoid. The long paragraph is really telling, you know.

I addressed this topic clearly. You might wish to consider an eye surgery. Please remind me again how a druid being able to communicate to NPCs in animal form is devastatingly game breaking for pve and pvp? I know I would not stomp around on the forums like a child with Down’s syndrome for something as trivial as this. No offense.

So two level 40 from retail comes into the WoW Classic forum to cause a stirr regarding shapeshift forms and their behavior in the original iteration of WoW Vanilla.

I have better things to do than helping Down kids type basic macros. Intermediate druid step? Are you kidding me? There were so many ways to get around that. Do you suffer from amnesia? Or did you just lack skill?

For your sake, you might wish to get a rope instead of a shovel. Might help get more oxygen flowing to your brain from what I hear.