You have to PAY everytime u change ur Mount Equipment

What this really means is that you’ll use water walking for the first part of the expansion then switch to something else once flying comes.

Given that the game existed 15 years just fine without equipment I think having a low amount of friction to swap equipment is fine.

Putting equipment on your main will not help your alts.
The equipment is per character, not account wide. Each character will have their own equipment slot in their mount journal.

I have nearly 100 alts which can presently use the striders for water walking.

One of these characters will have access to free water walking equipment now.
Every other of my toons either loses water walking or has to buy water walking equipment separately.

As only one account wide piece of water walking equipment will be available, and half of my characters are too low level to access Pandaria, this means nearly 50 of my toons are now totally deprived of water-walking.

Realistically, how often are you apt to change this?

1 Like

don’t laugh at me :sob:

Or you could just send your 50 alts one of the water walking equipment items from the character that has access to it. Once unlocked at level 100, any character 20 and over can use it.

1 Like

I say again. The Water Strider should be left alone like the Sky Gollum but I understand how this reduces the value of the water walking equipment item having it remain on the mount but it is a Water Strider. So do the abilities and skills of other classes also reduce the value of these pieces of equipment but those get left untouched.

Just leave the Water Strider alone. We earned it and a free piece of equipment doesn’t replace that.

Not really. The problem is that using the ww equipment locks all your mounts to water walking. You’d be forced to use water walking to have the same ability you’d have before this change and forgo any other equipment functionality. It’s bad change especially since they add a exemption for the sky golem

My suggestion is you only buy the item once for each mount and then all the characters can use that mount. This would be consistent with mounts being account wide usage.

But you will have to buy it back for those 49 alts at an as of yet unknown cost, despite having it for free on those 49 alts right now.

This would remove the need for buying new equipment while restricting your mount usage.

It really doesn’t restrict your usage just like having a water strider didn’t prevent you from using other mounts.

I have over 350 mounts, I only usually use about 5 of those across all my characters. I would only need to equip 5 mounts and if I wanted to switch mounts than I would add equip to that. I would allow people to build up a collection of equipped mounts instead of a consumable items which just isn’t going to be made much use of.

I can’t believe I am the only one who is going to totally ignore the daze and parachute items if this remains character based.

I rarely use my Water Strider. It doesn’t really provide that much of a benefit. Three weeks after 8.2 is released, it will provide no benefit.

Right now, I play 50 gold every two hours for Course Leather Barding on each of my characters. I pay 100-150 gold every two hours on my gatherers for Stirrups. I even pay 100-150 gold every two hours for Hoofplates to run faster.

Personally, looking forward to the Anti-daze mount equipment. Doubt that I’ll ever need to change that.

It really doesn’t restrict your usage just like having a water strider didn’t prevent you from using other mounts.

Yes it did. Because of the mechanical advantage it dominated the open world.

I have over 350 mounts, I only usually use about 5 of those across all my characters.

of your choice.

I would only need to equip 5 mounts and if I wanted to switch mounts than I would add equip to that.

Yes, and you would never need to buy the equips ever again, you would just click a button on the action bar and have everything.

I am arguing with a shaman who strongly benefits from this system. Nvm not going to waste my time.

I just realized i’m on my shaman, let me go to my main

they look so much alike

I could be wrong but I don’t remember reading anywhere that it will be just one free one per account.

And even if it is you can buy a much much cheaper one on whoever has the rep and send it to your alts as it is boa

From what they said and showed it sounds like the mount equipment will work like gems, except we get one socket per character. So each one will be consumed and put in that socket permanently until replaced and destroyed.
The free one sounded like you had to have the rep necessary to unlock the strider to be eligible, but we don’t know all the details just yet.

I’m very wary of how much its going to cost to outfit alts with something I have for free right now.

If your character has access to it, it will get one on the mail. that is how all items rewards are given to players, one per character.