You have been removed from the group

So this has happened to me 3 times in a row tonight…

• Group leader: “LF any dps for [dungeon] then gtg!”
  • Me: “war if you need melee”
  • Group leader invites you to group
  • You have joined the party
  • Begins flying over…
  • You have been removed from the group

Does anyone else find this incredibly rude and annoying. I know in my situation I’m a warrior and expendable, but couldn’t the group leader at least say something first?

Maybe it’s something that bothers just me, idk…but I wouldn’t do that to people if I was on the other end of it.

15 Likes

I feel you… I would be mad If it was me too :expressionless:

7 Likes

It is rude. Why even invite if you’re going to do this?

8 Likes

So what happened was the tank in the party pulled rank and forced you out or he would leave. For this reason I recruit the tank 1st and ask him if melee is ok or not.

1 Like

Or they found someone with more experience, better gear, or a friend that they wanted to take along instead. It’s extremely rude to kick without an explanation.

17 Likes

True that’s happen to me before. Also the tank thing is true, they call shots.

Yeah but at least in this case I would try and give an explanation. Doesn’t really make the individual feel any better but at least they know why. TBH I’d probably tell the tank to bail if he pulled that mess. I’m just not willing to let an individual dictate who is or isn’t in my runs, although I certainly understand why others would put up with it.

2 Likes

From my experience that happening is norm the player in question getting kicked since he was a boost or otherwise and dose not have what would be considered “reasonable” gear for the content. Now some leaders reasonable is quite high but I have seen many cases of people just out of mage boosts with only SM gear no trinkets lucky to even have rings what to go to Kara.

If your getting chain kicked this is more likly than it being your tank not wanting melee. At this point in the xpac most tanks are paid to be there are really don’t care about group comp so long as there paid. While group leaders just want a filled group so long as the people are at least able to pul there weight. There are tons of people that obv will not from my boost example to healers with bad gear in dps spec for heroics (possible but no need to take you). Ele shams with half enh gear and many other examples.

The other common case thou is you join than someone in the party knows your name or your guild as a known one with a bad rep so that is the other thing to fix if that is your case.

Both cases not likly to get a explanation. B the case was of the later really you don’t deserve a explanation of being removed for being a known toxic player or in a toxic guild that is something you should be able to see on your own. The former some cases yes a explanation would be nice but eg my boost example no there is not any real need to tel you that you have no place in a raid missing had your gear abs rest being level 30 gear.

In the end thou complaining here dose nothing for you should pm the lead and ask why just to see what to correct politely if a constant issue. As a warrior thou if you really want groups should be tanking as every heroic can be tanked as fury with quest plus reg gear and every reg on quest gear. Your almost to the point of trolling your group to dps as a warrior in 5 mans.

1 Like

In my case, I doubt it’s my gear as I am in P1+ BIS and there’s no way I could have any kind of widespread reputation on the server (good, bad or otherwise) since I am a new transfer. I don’t even have the same name that I used on my old server.

The most plausible reason (like you mentioned in your post) is that it simply has to do with the fact that I’m a melee. Maybe the tank/dps thought I was going to roll on their gear or they could’ve just decided that they didn’t want a warrior. I can’t say for sure.

Regardless, I still find it very rude to invite someone and then kick them shortly after without saying a word. The most recent occurrence, I asked the lead why I was removed and he didn’t respond. Since this has been starting to happen to me frequently, it’s quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine. I created the topic because I was curious as to whether others had the same experience and what their thoughts were on it.

2 Likes

Start making groups yourself.

Yea it isn’t as easy as just joining another one but you can’t ever get kicked and can also keep other people out who will roll on your gear if you so wish.

They should, as a matter of courtesy.

8 Likes

Warrior probably is offspec tank and is going out of his way to tank to get dps items and wants no competition. Should take a cue from him lol

1 Like

Of course they should say something. I don’t even like it when someone joins, and leaves without saying anything.

If that’s the case, you’d expect there to be either no invite to begin with, or an invite, then a gear check, before the party removal. And even then, lots of people seem to join 5-mans without wanting/needing gear. It might be worth asking.

In any case though, just removing someone without saying anything isn’t conducive of community.

Probably someone else was party lead and got angry whisper from the tank. It happens. Just gotta move on

1 Like

or they didn’t want to wait for you to fly over.

2 Likes

Oh hell no.

There’s someone leading, then there’s someone being a bossy baby.

Never, ever, allow those type of people to be in control. Everyone enabling such behavior needs to stop.

I don’t care who it is. If its someone ‘trying to pull rank’, I’ll find someone else or go elsewhere. I can never understand willingly licking dirt off people’s shoes.

6 Likes

I’ve been tanking since I hit level 60 and I don’t get this form of entitlement. I’ll give any dps that responds their shot. Its just a normal dungeon afterall. I hope you have better luck in the future OP.

1 Like

If the tank is a plate wearer, that’s it.

It is possible the OP is under geared. No one wants to carry a undergeared warrior.

He claimed to be full phase 1 or better bis. Which would not be undergeared that being said that depends if you believe everything you read.

My experience has been people don’t invite than kick unless they turn out to be under geared or someone else in the party points out they got a bad rep or there guild dose.

People are more likly to res a item they need vs kick others that need said item as filling groups can be a pain. If he was truly phase 1 bis or better he would be quite a bit beyond the level of the avg doing heroics abs not raid logging as such would be the type the group rather take and just res the item they need.