"You have a chest nearby to open first!" - Can't use seeds?

I hope Blizz will fix this bug soon, I missed out on being able to loot a Giant dreamseed even after contributing to the growth.

1 Like

I started (and completed) Dragon’s Daffodil (63, 64) earlier today, and now I’m not allowed to contribute to it anymore - getting the “You have a chest nearby to open first!” message.

1 Like

I am also having this issue.

the mystery of the disappearing chests.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. I cannot get the achievement “I Dream of Seeds” because I cannot get the Flourishing Scrubpea in the southwest-ish part of the map. I have tried logging, reloading, going to a different nod and coming back, etc nothing has worked. I am hoping that it will be working either from a hotfix in the next day or at reset next week.

2 Likes

Also broken but only for a select few, so frustrating!

1 Like

It’s not a trick. The spot is bugged for you, not for them.

Ok - had the problem, but fixed it.

I was doing one of the seed things just as the superbloom started. When superbloom started, it phased out the seed I was working on - so I didn’t get the treasure. Anyway, I finished superbloom, tried to do another seed and had the ‘chest nearby’ issue. I gave up and went back to the superbloom area to find my treasure from that first seed. Quickly flew back to the one that gave the error, and the error had gone away.

So if you’re having the error, maybe there was an existing seed where you couldn’t pick up the treasure.

Same issue on the the spot.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

I wish, but no. Still having this issue with the same southernmost spot. :weary:

Just lost a purple seed.

I cannot get the achievement “I Dream of Seeds” because I cannot get the Flourishing Scurfpea. I have obviously never been to the node otherwise I would have the achievement completed right?

Please fix!!!

Yes, but the issue persisting for people is that the Dreamseed Chest at one spot is not visible for many and can’t be picked up.

1 Like

I have a workaround for all of the sites (other than Flourishing Scurfpea in the south):

• Let someone else spawn a seed at the “broken” seed site.
  • Contribute 1 set of dew to it
    Result: Contribution goes in, and the “missing” chest spawns.

I had this fix 3 of the sites I had a problem with, although it doesn’t seem to work at Flourishing Scurfpea.

Problem with that is that I can’t even contribute at a “broken” seed site

2 Likes

The Dreamseed Cache for the Flourishing Scurfpea appeared for me just now (days later) when Sprucecrown walked nearby during the Superbloom. I don’t know why it was put into that phase, since I didn’t plant it in that phase, but I’ll take it.

I planted another after he had moved on but before the Superbloom was finished, and looted it no problems after it was done. So I’m not sure where exactly the bug lies, but at least this is something to try for others who are stuck. Of course, Sprucecrown takes different routes every time, so it’s not exactly an efficient workaround :frowning:

Locked out of 3 seeds because they tell me I have a chest pending when there is nothing anywhere.

1 Like

I’m also getting this but in the north spawn, fire lily ones maybe?

3 Likes

Yup, same spot I am having the issue