You did Arthas dirty

And how admiting ones hatered resolve in forgoting ones story and legacy ?

1 Like

would you have felt better if they had quest text unrelated to the raid that said he was gone forever and he wasn’t in the cut scene at all? cuz those are the two options. they want him to be gone, so he’s gone. for good.

They could’ve done it better, absolutely. I find it odd that 3 important people in Arthas’ story are all right there and only 1 of them speaks. Although it definitely makes sense, in my mind at least, that Sylvanas does have something to say. She is who she is because of him. But yeah, only Sylvanas saying something is a tad weird.

4 Likes

Yeah agree I am glad that ppl have their opinion and i can see in your opinion that also Sylvanas should have on her mind. But as we agreed its just bad and weird. Poorly done work :frowning:

What are you talking about ? I am talking soly about cinematic. If they wanted him be gone at least make it good or dont mention in the scene that deosnt even makes scene for him to end like that to begin with.

1 Like

this what op just said it pretty much explains it as clear as possible.

in all honesty the moment would have been great if it was Uther and Jaina getting closure and then be Sylvanas.

but the fact that Uther pretty much stayed quite really piss me off, i mean Uther went through hell because of his guilt of failing his student and Jaina loved Arthas.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BLIZZARD JAINA LOVED HIM THEY WHERE LOVERS you seriously expect US the fans, the readers, the players TO ACCEPT THAT SHE JUST STAYED QUITE LIKE A SECONDARY CHARACTER?? LIKE A FREAKING 3RD WHEEL??! AND EXPECT US TO BE OK WITH THAT?

sorry, my anger got the better of me but i am getting sick and tired of the lvl of disrespect being thrown into this game after all we all have had played for YEARS.

i am totally disappointed with this lie they hyped us into and now i just don’t see 10.0 as a possible fix for this insult, i just don’t see at this point why i should keep my account active😥 …

[edit:]
and let me be clear on my personal opinion.

i DID NOT HATE that Saurfang and Varian showed up to help save Aduin I LOVED THAT PART OF THE SCENE.

my problem was the way this Arthas hype was done only to end in total disappointment, it reminded me of how Deathwing died by the end of Cataclysm, exploding into fairy dust…

26 Likes

I know how you feel. Similar to what i said earlier. It hurts my eyes and my heart…

(just who and what by ´´what op just said" are you refering to ? just personal question. So that i can undrestand all your context and what you want to say XD)

OP=Original Post

i am saying what he said that they did Arthas dirty and that they ruined a potentially epic moment for such classic characters like Arthas, Jaina and Uther.

3 Likes

Aaaa, yeah agree

Hey, I spent a lot of time in BGs as a blue fart.

1 Like

That’s just silly. This would be like if King rewrote the Dark Tower because people hate the ending.

We only get Varian and Saurfang in one cinematic! Garrosh is turned to ash! Zul’Gurub Bro is seen for 1 cartoon vid! Arthas is a tiny ball!
And this was to be the Expansion where we walk in the land of death!? Don’t give me that Maw POO! This makes the Warcraft Movie look like the LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY (For me at least, I know some LOTR Fans hate it)
Face it! It’s Sylvanas Dating Sim now…

9 Likes

IDK, I’m kinda glad Arthas was a Ball. They ruined Uther! The entire arc for him makes zero sense, especially to see who it has expanded to with Sylvanas! So to have the Legion been besmirched, Kel’Thuzad made to seem smaller, as well as Ner’Zhul…
The cool thing was that Ner’Zhul and Kel’Thuzad were sort of striding away from the Legion and all! They weren’t overlorded! That’s what made Arthas’ developing into the Lich King amazing to me! But, no… “THE JAILER DOMINATED THEM ALL!”
And this cop out! We’re supposed to forgive and listen to Sylvanas after all she’s done because “Her soul was split apart or something!”
Arthas, in comparison to most, made it out of this Mess quite well! At least he wasn’t turned into an Evil Smurf!

4 Likes

If the game is any cannon here

Arthas soul was holding on and restricting the undead to just Ice Crown

If this still remains true Arthas did more for a redemption Arc as the Lich King than Sylvannas ever did as a angsty free willed actor.

Not only did Sylvannas do more damage than Arthas, she also did so without having the jailer governing her free will.

If Sylvannas Redemption is to be believed, that means Arthas’s punishment does not fit his crime. could easily argue nobody in the Warcraft story can say they have been punished harsher for there crime.

This is compared to Sylvannas and Illidan who had done way worse comparatively while under there own free will (could argue Duress in Illidan’s case) and received far lighter punishments.

Remember Arthas didn’t even get a chance to be judged by the Arbiter and was instead cast into the Maw to suffer before his 4th end (if you count the torchure received by DKs to Arthas in Legion). the man was punished 4 times before his end in Shadowlands 9.2… and again he was a passenger in the Vessel that was his body.

18 Likes

^^^^^^^^^

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

They also have one other thing in common. New writers that have no idea wtf the source material is they’re working on. That ignore it, and try to put their own spin on content.

Like… I don’t get the hiring process they use for these companies. How do you just hire random nobodies for these important roles? I feel like if you’re going to hire someone to write lore for your franchise you’d want to at least hire someone that is a fan of it.

I’m supposed to believe both Star Wars and Blizzard had to scrape the bottom of a barrel and couldn’t find fans that were actually talented (and proven, respected writers) that gave a crap about the source material (easily figured out by testing them on it) to hire?

16 Likes

I think they should have skipped this part .
The most important thing was - Sylvanas monologue…
It’s everything about her .

Best character in their history. So much richness with his story and they just crap on it.

Wtb Chris Metzen and Christie Golden.

13 Likes

Honestly at this point, why not?

Just wipe our brains Blizz and start over. This sucks

4 Likes

This was honestly just a horrible and disrespectful slap in the face to old school wow fans… you lot made us hate Sylvanas with your super edgy plot line and her gullibility for the jailor’s obvious evil BS. But then you go and take a BELOVED character and infamous and wildly popular villain… then disenchant him and make him a sword wisp… then delete him from wow existence as our least liked character atm just roasts him… and Jaina and Uther had NOTHING to say to this man? Nothing to add to his final passing and his memory? REALLY? You hacks, you charlatans… you are destroying this beloved franchise simply to spite us at this point, I think.

13 Likes