"You cannot log in until... is complete"

Refunded a character transfer shortly after purchase, got approved was told by a GM in-game last night to log out for 10 minutes so they could fix things up. Ended up just going to bed shortly after and hadn’t tried to log in until recently today (about 12 hours later).
The ticket I originally sent was resolved, and said my money would be refunded in the 3-10 days. However my character doesn’t seem to be un-transfered and I’m receiving this “cannot log in” upon the loading screen finishing when I click enter world.
I don’t know if i managed to screw something up, or if there was a GM oversight in fixing/unlocking my account or what. I have screenshots of the error and the GM conversation, just kinda bummed that I’m locked out of playing while my follow up ticket has an estimated wait time of 24+ hours.
I’d like to know if anyone has experienced this before? my biggest worry is that I’m locked out until the money is actually refunded, and the time period I was given for that would run out the rest of my remaining subscription :frowning:

EDIT: if anyone seeing this nowadays is wondering, it was locked until march, getting fixed within hours of a reddit thread I made hitting the front page

It happens sometimes when people get a refund. You’ll want to re-open your ticket and let them know that your character is still locked and ask that they take a look.

Guess I’m playing the waiting game then, good to know this isn’t on my end though, thank you

1 Like

Re-opening your ticket is the best option as it puts you in a different queue from tickets that are new.

Here’s hoping they can get you sorted out soon :wink:

2 Likes

I’m still locked out, have opened and reopened several tickets and just get the same response thanking me for my patience every time and telling me to I’ll be contacted by the developers when the issue with my character is fixed. Has anyone else had it this bad? I’m not even getting a time estimate for the fix anymore. It’s been a week already, how patient do they expect me to be cause I’m wearing thin here

This has been escalated, but no - no way to know an ETA. These aren’t really meant to be refunded, and things can sometimes go a little sideways when they are. Usually it is just a lock which a GM can fix - this appears to be more.

Welp, not to be “that guy” but I guess I’m letting my sub run out until I hear back at the very least, kinda bummed cause I was enjoying the new expansion until this happened.
What a shame…

Just for the sake of saying it - the system was not created with refunding and undoing purchases in mind. All digital sales are final. That they did let it be refunded and undone was a kindness, rather than making you purchase the transfer back. So that there was a hiccup and your character is locked? It is kind of an issue that you created when you changed your mind for whatever the reason.

1 Like