You Can Only Wear One Piece of Grim-Veiled Cloth Armor at a Time?

Wait… let me get this straight. When I max out my tailoring I can make the awesome looking Grim-Veiled cloth tailor set of legendary level armor. But I can only wear 1 piece at a time. And I can’t transmog this set onto my other armor? Who the heck thought this one up?

I can hear the meeting now. “Hey… why don’t we let people who’ve worked their butts off to max out their tailoring make a legendary crafted cloth set, and then… get this… we’ll only let them wear one piece at a time [mad laughter].” And when they stopped laughing, the lead psycho added, “And get this… they won’t even be able to transmogrify it! [hysterical laughter]”

Who even thinks like that? Sure, maybe I should have read up on it before I spent so much gold gathering materials to make my level 60 warlock a set; then I would have known Grim-Veiled armor set was, literally, useless AND worthless. But honestly, truthfully, it never ONCE occurred to me that even a game known for making bonkers decisions like World of Warcraft would create a tailored armor set that even the tailors who made them can only wear ONE PIECE OF. This literally boggles the mind.

And don’t bother coming back at me with “Oh, but if you do this, this, and this, you can wear two pieces.” That doesn’t make this ANY better. This is off the scale bonkers even for WoW. And from the date on the comments here, this has been an issue for at least 1 year, and WoW obviously isn’t going to do a thing about.

Gods… why do I keep playing this game? It’s like returning again and again to abusive relationship with psychopaths. lol

In the entire history of this game you have never been able to wear more than one or two legendary armor pieces at a time, so it really should not have been a surprise that you could not wear the entire set. And “unique equipped” is right there in the descriptions, it’s not like they were being coy about it.

I agree not being able to transmog the legendary appearances is an odd choice, but they’ve been fussy about legendary transmog in the past. Since they are done with Shadowlands, I would not expect it to become available until the next expansion. And maybe not even then - it’s been over 4 years since they introduced the heritage armor sets & there are still a bunch that are missing; they just don’t seem to care much about that sort of thing.

Most people who can’t spend the majority of their free time in the game don’t have much experience with legendary armor pieces, so I’m not sure how most people are supposed to intuitively know that you can’t wear but one or two pieces of a set. I suppose the logic I can’t grok is why even make it a set if you can only wear one piece? I mean… what’s the point in having different pieces of armor that match into a set if you can’t wear the set? I mean, saying “Blizzard has always been idjits” isn’t really a justification for Blizzard being idjits.

Your post made it sound like you’d been playing a long time, so I assumed you’d have run into legendaries before - they were a pretty big deal in Legion. Sorry to have misunderstood.

Why make them a set instead of a bunch of pieces that don’t match up? I don’t know; possibly because it would generate more interest. When the expansion was released they did make vague promises that the legendary sets would be transmoggable at some point in the future. Maybe they still plan to do that; I just don’t have a lot of confidence that they’ll actually follow through.

If you craft all the pieces and equip them separately are they then transmogable?

I am not 100% sure about the Grim-Veiled set. But the Blacksmithing set is, I think, the same or a similar color to the Mythic Sanctum of Domination gear. If the picture on Wowhead for the Grin-Veiled hood is right, it looks like the Normal Sanctum of Domination set.

its just sod re skin