You can get BANNED? for pvp?

Read up on Angwe. People would pay him to gank their friends. He had quite a racket going on in Vanilla. He never got banned or in trouble

He’s the rogue I aspire to be.

It’s amusing to me that you’re not okay with extortion in a game, but are okay with murder.

I’d think the fact you’re being killed repeatedly and camped would be more of a problem than someone offering you a chance to end it for a price.

Alas, I don’t think it’d be much of a problem in Classic, considering you can’t chat or trade cross faction. Unless you’ve got a friend or 2nd account on the opposite faction and somehow have a use for that gold… I don’t see the point of extorting someone you’re camping.

I remember back in vanilla, a group of alliance held hostage a number of Flightmasters. They wouldn’t kill them, just tag them an kept them busy so they couldn’t be used. Went on for weeks, nothing was done to those players. If I recall, they demanded like 5000 gold for their release.

1 Like

Simple because next step will be asking for a paypal transfer. And I have so little faith in humanity (And even less in players in online games) that I think this could happen

Eh. Unless they’ve made like a full time job of killing a particular NPC there really should not be an issue. But this is definitely one of the reasons I’ve never stayed on a PVP server for long.

Can find this in the PvP plans at the top of the forum.

2 Likes

That game is all about getting ahead in any way you can and things like extortion and scamming are tolerated, if not even encouraged.

Actually I’ve never experienced it.

I ALWAYS played on PvP servers and in BfA my warmode is always ON on all toons.

I was playing Paladin in vanilla. So you could camp me for maximum of my remaining CD on hearthstone. And usually it was UP most of the time as I was rarely going back to the city

• me /2 sellling < Amazin BoE > for 75g
  • Someone “I’ll take it”
  • me : Ok, I’ll mail it to you in COD
  • “OK”
  • Mailing a lin tissue gift wrapped

Yes, this was always the rule when I played. I don’t know if it was ever changed, but hopefully will be the rule once again for Classic.

Someone killing your flight master/quest giver/whatever? Get some help if you can’t do it yourself and kill the griefer.

:smiley: Pretty much.

Never was.

1 Like

Not if you are outnumbered 20 to 1.

Yup, and people have earned suspensions and bans for doing that. That’s one of the reasons why Blizzard doesn’t allow Gift Wrapped packages in the mail anymore.

1 Like

Yes. Blizzard always had double standards.
It’s even LESS critical then camping.
• Camping : Y ou make your target lose real life time
• Gift wrapping : Only some gold

If you don’t like being camped…why are you on a pvp server (or flagged Warmode).

Being Camped =/= to a legitimate scam. Not the same…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The only time you can get in trouble from Blizz with pvp is if you camp out of a roof or some place that glitches the guards into not attacking you. I don’t know if that will still be a thing in Classic.

Maybe? Bit of a slippery slope argument there.

I can’t imagine there’s a lot of people who would rather pay some amount of money to a stranger on PayPal for a service they can’t guarantee would actually be delivered rather than just asking for help from their faction mates.

Never said that you did. I was just remarking upon the humor of having a contention with extortion but not with repeated murder.

Don’t pay the COD unless you can confirm it’s the item you want. Pretty easy solution. :stuck_out_tongue:

It should never be an issue, regardless of how long they are there. If you want to stop them, mount a counter offensive against them.

So recruit 21 people instead of 20.

Indeed.

What will get you banned during PvP on a PvP server is zone disruption. One example from my days on Ravenholdt during Wrath: we had a couple Alliance rogues kill the auctioneers in the Royal Exchange for at least a week. That is literally all they did in the game during that time. They got banned. We found out because one of them came over onto Horde and admitted it.

Some guild on one of the big PvP servers got warned to knock it off after locking down the Isle of Thunder for hours. Horde players would be dead when the loading screen finished.

When someone claims to be banned for PvP, always try to get the full story – because they’re not telling you that. Think back to that thread on Reddit with some yahoo trumpeting how he’d been banned. A CM came along and clarified hed gone on an alt of the opposite faction and sent harassing ingame mails (possibly on more than one alt, I can’t recall now). That is why he was banned.

For the record, pulling that kind of stunt has always been against the ToS. Do not do it, even on PvP servers.

Anyone who says “I wuz banned just for pvpin’!” is more than likely leaving out salient details… like the actual reason for the ban.

1 Like

Nothing irks me more than punishing players for garbage PvP design.

1 Like

Let me rephrase “20 to 1” as in “Server POPULATION ratio (at max level) is 20 to 1”.
You tell me how to fix that if you please.

People like you really do not get it.
If other players spend all their time being camped and stomped on constantly they will leave and never come back. PvP SUFFERS.
Newbie joins a PvP server -> gets camped by a “brave” max level -> he leaves and never comes back. PvP SUFFERS.
“PvP happened on a PvP” means @#$#@$ if the constantly stomped on NEVER COME BACK.

1 Like