You are fired Blizzard

I know people will think I’m being salty, feel free to jump on with it. I’ve unsubscribed and I’m leaving. I have higher expectations and I’d rather fund things entertainment than frustration. My son may stay and play. See he could log in on the server we chose pre-launch, I couldn’t. I work for a living, you know to make the money to pay the bills, so I wasn’t going to take a day off just for a launch.

Now one thing I pointed out to my son is that the way they could have ensured that people who planned to play together could create the communities they wanted would have been to restrict name reservations pre-launch to the load they wanted per server. Then restrict authentication onto those servers for only those with a pre-registered character. Pretty simple mechanic to handle it and would have appeased a lot of people, allowed for guilds to figure out if everyone could register etc…

Second, really listen to why people wanted classic in the first place, because it always boiled down to community. Just because you can do a thing, doesn’t mean you should do a thing. Pushing people to new servers after the fact isn’t going to build community. Lack of planning on your part sadly constitutes an emergency you created for yourselves.

Remember, without the customer you are just a corporate entity with a payroll to meet. Perhaps exercising a bit of caution towards actually pleasing your customers rather than trying to manage what you expect to be a poor experience is the kind of thing you should shoot for in the future.

I’d wish you luck but you’ve got your last subscription from me so you don’t need it, just invest it wisely and higher management that knows what they are doing in the future. Regardless I’m finished with your product line because of the choices you made.

4 Likes

They don’t care about the customer, they just shafted a whole server trying to smooth out this mess already… Grobbulus Mass DC

4 Likes

Can I have your stuff? Oh wait. You don’t have stuff, because you can’t get it.

1 Like

It is 2019, you think by now they would have prepared better for this …

1 Like

One thing you can say Blizzard, They’re consistent,
consistently fails at game design. any one than wants my stuff is welcome to it, all 2s 5c

1 Like

Why not just come back in a week or two when some of the crowd has dispersed?