You all know it. You do

The bad news is that most on my friends list were gone for years when I cleaned it out.

2 Likes

I can agree with that. Barring any drastic changes, i dont see WoW going anywhere anytime soon. Will be with it till the end. Whether its my end or the games end.

1 Like

FFXIV wouldn’t need anything except a token for me to drop WoW. Although if Delves turn out to be Visions 2.0 and they fix the professions debacle then TWW may keep me interested. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Lol that made me laugh. Riding into the ground, crash and burn our way to the end.

Need some Free Bird playing as I say that.

1 Like

2 Likes

Its happened to me many of times. Ive just come to accept my fate. As will you. In the words of the Banshee Queen, “In the end, WoW comes for us all
”

1 Like

I dont think I can handle cleaning out the friends list. Feels like scorched earth.

not to mention depressing

Yea, I’ll probably be around until the end.

Its been a fun journey so far, I’ll be sad when it’s over.

2 Likes

Same here. Same here.

So like a bazillion goldshires
 I don’t know how to feel about that. :thinking:

Still far behind what The Sims 3 was or even The Sims 2. Esp The Sims 2. That game is an intoxicating experience to go back to after i’ve surprisingly got it up and running on Windows 10 without crashing for 8 hours straight. (with autosave mods of coarse) :grin:

Fun Fact, the previous patches for both The Sims 3 and 2 before the final patch, doesn’t require you to use an EA account. :wink:

1 Like

Why do people keep saying this? It’s like saying “Diablo 4 is an eSport”.

HotS and Overwatch are the two franchises that Blizzard made for eSports and which they tried pushing as such.

Do you see Blizzard constantly pushing the competitive angle of WoW?

What on earth doe this mean, though? The only real “tryhard” modes that Blizzard has added to WoW in its lifespan were Arenas (which they admitted was a mistake and only keep on life support because there’s still profit in it), Mythic+ dungeons, and Mythic raid, but that was offset by LFR and Normal and Heroic raids being flex.

From vanilla to DF, there have been, on average, 3 to 4 raid tiers per expansion (with WoD being the one outlier with only 2 raid tiers). In that same time period, the number of dungeons (M+ or otherwise) has gone done, while solo / casual content has dramatically increased.

Max level quest chains, dailies, transmog, pet battles, scenarios, rare mobs hunts, mount collecting, garrisons, world quests, mission tables, class halls, island expeditions, warfronts, Torghast, profession revamp - none of this stuff was made for your stereotypical tryhard sweaty gamer.

It seems to me like Blizzard has been trying to make content for solo / casual players not centered around dungeons or raids but they all seem to fail. Maybe the problem isn’t Blizzard catering to the “sweaty, tryhard” gamers who keep coming back for raids and dungeons; maybe it’s that anyone who doesn’t like that content doesn’t seem to be happy with anything besides complaining about M+ and raids. (Though, I acknowledge you are not one of the folks complaining about M+ / raids).

It really did not. The Cata Heroics were only mildly more difficult than Halls of Reflection and Pit of Saron when they released. The problem was, an entire year of easy queue RDF facerolling Wrath Heroics accustomed, and probably also cultivated, a playerbase that did not want to deal with content that required more effort than smacking your cucumber on the keyboard. (That and I think Cata was the first time most of the playerbase experience a power drop from leveling.)

The cross-realm nature of RDF and the gamification of Guilds also made the game very anti-social. 12 million players strong, yet, you always felt you were alone in the world (of Warcraft).

They also had scenarios, a tsunami of dailies, the Timeless Isle, pet battles, transmog, and a bunch of collection activities (including about a 50 billion cooking recipes).

Meanwhile, from what I’ve heard, despite the change to the Talent System, many players felt the classes were fun and well designed, and Throne of Thunder is still held up today as an example of a fun and excellent raid.

Do they, though? I’ve been around the forum for months now, and every time a discussion like this comes up, only once has anyone actually provided a list of what they’d like to see in game. 99% of the it’s just:

Yes, OK, sure.

LIKE WHAT?!? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Basically. I mean you could occasionally find somewhere that wasn’t like that but those places were few and far between.

Edit: SO also only had like 3 or 4 servers and on one of those you could never log onto because it was completely full at all times.

I have ALL of my Sims 1 computer CD’s and the Sims 2 base game CD but they are now worthless since there are no more CD drives anymore and even if there were i couldn’t get them to work on Windows 10.

All i can do is hope that EA lets GoG Games release Sims 1 or 2 to play sooner or later.

who knows , I am 41 and already cannot see well and have mild arthritis with a 7 month old kid . in twenty years I might be too tired and too blind

1 Like

:frowning:

I’m using a Blu-ray drive i bought off from amazon awhile ago and it works nicely off of there. Simply due to the fact computers still support any of the internal bays you put in. (That being where the CD drives usually go)

And i got Virtualbox to a copy of XP with shared folders to share between, so i can play games that couldn’t install on Win’s 10 for no reason on Windows 10 and natively. :slight_smile:

Hell, the Sims 1 surprisingly worked natively on the Windows 10. :point_down:

Indicated by the dreaded cursed “Activate Windows” label slapped and slathered all with Microsoft’s trademarked and patented greedy slimy tendrils around my computer, like it’s a Resident Evil Game. Which is ironic because they don’t show up in 2005’s version of RE4 whenever i’ve played it.

But it works, with widescreen support and everything. :smiley:

Also, imgur allows you to upload videos
 Why nobody told me this? :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have so much Sims 2 stuff, and I’ve done so many mods, that I keep a windows 7 computer specifically for sims 2. I think Sims 2 will always be my favourite. It’s my dedicated Sims 2 computer.

Although I am starting to play a bit more of Sims 4, I started off not being a huge fan, the absence of toddlers and a pool, as well as the usual stats really made me dislike it, but they fixed all that. I’ve gotten a few expansions, but with Sims 2 I have all the expansions, and all the packs.

1 Like

If my guild dies, that’s when I’m done. It depends on that only not how long the game is active.

The game was completely rebalanced in how it worked in the start of Cata. Tanks couldn’t hold threat like before, you couldn’t just aoe down everything easily, and healers would run out of mana very fast so triage healing as a thing. The mobs hit like trucks, packs had to be interrupted intelligently or you started dying, cc was required, and attacking anything other than the tanks target was rough due to said threat. It was much harder, and they were even experimenting with the idea of not being able to pull more than one mob at a time in the open world in beta but backed down on that one.

Eventually after awhile the devs rebalanced tank threat back to what it was or so and adjusted various other things. The game became much easier around Twilight, but imo even the Troll Heroics were still incredibly difficult considering RDF which was how I did the content on my Feral Druid back then.

When this game ends I will source the code, which I hope they will have the good sense to licence to us, and create my own private Azeroth on a server at work, just for me.

Oh I’m sure there’s a limit for everyone, otherwise, 12 million players would still be playing this game rather than 1-2 million.

The 1-2 million still playing just have a much, much, much higher tolerance for Blizzard than most
 but it’s still there.

1 Like