Yo blizz. fix spriest

I’m just a casual spriest so my opinion doesn’t really matter, but I’m honestly just happy about not having to use Voidform anymore. I finally feel like my favorite class spriest feels closer to how it used to be.

5 Likes

I’m casual, as well, your opinion matters.

If the class isn’t fun for a casual to play, just how off putting is it for veterans? You don’t have to be min/max to spot issues with the game’s feedback loop. If something feels bad to press - it probably is.

I can tell the difference between a Prius and a Ferrari just going to get groceries. I don’t need to be on a track to understand the design and engineering language of either car.

1 Like

I played both.

~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21~
~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/22~
~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23~
~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24~

Do your research before trying to debunk someone next time, thank you. Like i said Shadow dominated BFA.

P.S.: at no point outside of maybe uldir were any of those so called “meta dps” beating a shadow priest in BFA.

2 Likes

ok go up and read my post again, my post was only directing shadow’s strength in M+, i stated nothing about it’s performance in raid, and yes i mained shadow and it slapped in raid. but please read, then reply. you’re posting logs from raid when all i talked about was M+.

I’m not the person, but I re-read it.

You didn’t mention M+ at all. The only way to gauge that you were talking about M+ was that you mentioned 3 DPS specs - but what you typed was easy to misunderstand.

You coulda just clarified instead of being rude and telling people they haven’t read. Especially after you were the one with the “clearly you didn’t play” attitude to begin with.

3 Likes

So you’re embarrassed. Got it.

2 Likes

no you’re being a Karen, let that sink in :wink:

okay go up and see what i was responding to, it was clearly in reference to raiding. If you are going to hijack a conversation at least stay on topic. It’s not my fault you took a raiding conversation, turned it into a M+ one, and than insult me off that narrative.

2 Likes

if anyone is a Karen here it would be you. just admit you messed up and move on.

2 Likes

being a snowflake im guessing you think you get insulted left and right irl XD

yea i am just gonna ignore you now, have a nice day sir.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Better than nothing. I’ll take it. Oh and Happy halloween all.

1 Like

Class got 10% dmg buff

More dmg is nice, but actual improvements to Talent Tree, Rotation, and overall flow/direction of Spec would be better.

4 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

1 Like

like for example ?

I feel the synergy is fine the way it is. Granted i still go Void Eruption.

Edit: Btw im talking about PVP. On PVE i think Dark Ascension is probably better, gotta try it.

Since you asked…

Publik/Jaerv are much more knowledgeable about the Ins/Outs of Spriest stuff than myself, but their concerns align with mine. Some of said concerns have been addressed to varying degrees, but the vast majority still persist.

But, back to more examples of things that need to be changed/improved upon!

• Mind Spike vs. Mind Flay drama (One filler spell competing with another, no clear use scenario)
  • Dark Ascension doesn’t buff our DoTs or do anything really special outside of pumping up our direct damage spells (FYI, our DoTs activate various talents in our Tree, not to mention our Mastery itself)
    • D. Ascension is only really good for Single-target scenarios; the moment you get approx 4+ adds it begins to fall short of Voidform (even if VF is a 2min CD and only gives 10% bonus dmg instead of the 20% it used to)
  • 3/4 of our Capstone Talents (the Idols) are all passively/randomly activated and we have little control over, which some do not care for as a Capstone Talent
  • Speaking of Idols, N’zoth (an AoE talent) is still locked behind very Single-Target oriented nodes
  • If you take Mind Spike, you’re essentially forced to take Surge of Darkness, Mind Melt, and Whispers of the Damned to get any meaningful use out of it (but then suffer the M. Flay vs. M. Spike drama, as some talents only benefit from M. Flay, such as Mental Decay or Screams of the Void)
  • SW: Death not resetting its CD upon killing a target like it did before Dragonflight Pre-patch makes Insanity generation painfully slow, and the % Proc-rate of Deathspeaker resetting SW: Death isn’t enough to make up for it
    • It also makes the talents Deathspeaker and Pain of Death damn near worthless since at best you can only reliably get 2 SW: Death’s off during Execute phase (per Death & Madness) before it hits the 20sec CD timer

Granted, I haven’t done any high keys since our recent across-the-board 10% dmg boost we received the other day, but even if my Damage numbers go up, pressing my buttons still doesn’t feel that great.

8 Likes

Class is probably fine with its terrible design in PVP because PVP was the only consideration they had for it. It’s probably the most poorly designed dps class they’ve ever designed for PVE.

4 Likes

Someone forgot WoD Demonology.

1 Like