Yes, WoW is pay to win

Yes, but it’s officially endorsed now. WoW is pay-to-win with Blizzard’s blessing, that’s what changed. Anyone that says the game isn’t is delusional or willfully ignorant.

16 Likes

I swear everyone who makes these threads has never seen actual p2w.

7 Likes

I’ve played one of the biggest P2W mmorpg in history and I can tell you that WoW isn’t that bad.

I’m referring to Silkroad Online btw

4 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense, though. How is it pay-to-win when you win at your own pace, and when your opponent is the AI?

MadSeason started this nonsense and it’s so stupid.

4 Likes

Anyone who pretends this is due to the token is just stupid.

Editing - just in case someone was offended.

3 Likes

NES games were also pay to win. one time i paid a friend a dollar to get me to the dr. wily level of mega man 2.

5 Likes

The answer is simple, get rid of WOW Tokens.

26 Likes

They can justify anything at any time for any reason. I wish you luck in chasing the goalpoast, though.

1 Like

Seems like a dollar well spent.

4 Likes

Checkmate.

3 Likes

Win covers a broad spectrum.

1 Like

The game would only be pay to win if the only means of winning is by spending cash to win which is not the case. Everything in the game in terms of progression can be earned by simply putting in some effort…the people paying for carries are simply skipping all of that.

How is paying money to be the last person across the finish line pay to win?

I really want to know.

Because you never would of achieved it without pulling out your credit card.

8 Likes

Hi there strawman!

They are paying real money for gold… For runs… To get gear… Are you trolling? Or just that blind?

2 Likes

but how is crossing the finish line last… winning?

Sure its pay to play. Your paying someone else to play the game.

But… winning? What advantage is there from crossing the finish line last?

3 Likes

People already have that gear.

Getting caught up is not giving you an advantage over people that have already played the game without spending money.

4 Likes

What if I buy AH items with payed for gold and then wipe over and over again in SoD? Is that winning?

3 Likes

I always love finishing a battleground and being treated to “HORDE PROGRESSES!” at the victory page.

life is pay 2 win can we all agree on that?

9 Likes