Yes, botters will use the 58 boost

OK take ffxiv I see same issue with bots in that game. 2nd most popular.

Anytime a new mmo comes out botters switch till the game slows down.

Only reason wow has a big issue with bots is due to popularity.

Please also understand bots are an issue for retail market as well. Look at ps5, xbox, and any GPU to come out in last year’s.

We live in a world of bots. Boost won’t make a difference for better or worse.

People bot if they want to bot.

Get over it.

Hmm i play that too! Dont see 1/10th

Obviously neither can argue anything outside of our experiences so

Slicy I see you on here a lot. Do you have anything better to do?

Also ff14 has a bad bot issue.

Ps: go look up nymn on YouTube. He made a video about bots in 2006.

It’s always been an issue.

Get over it boi

So that means you are here a lot too eh?

Lol nope just been here for 3 week I generally ignore this chat. But bored while waiting for tbc.

So having fun.

The math has already done about how boosts make bot accounts far more profitable. I don’t know if I’m allowed to link to it or not, but a simple google search will yield what you’re looking for.

But since you ducked, I’ll ask again: how do you know Blizzard doesn’t want to fix the problem? Because I tried to do a little research to see if Blizzard ever did or said anything that suggested they didn’t want to fix the problem, and all I could find was this blue post:

"I’m sorry, but the suggestion that bots help Blizzard make money or can be viewed by the company as even remotely positive is laughably ridiculous. Such an idea illustrates a fundamental lack of understanding of who these people are.

First and foremost, the majority of botting/farming accounts are exploitative. They are usually compromised accounts (meaning they’ve been stolen from normal players, often who are currently inactive so aren’t aware of the theft), or they are created with stolen credit cards.

In both cases, dealing with fraudulent charges costs the company money. That isn’t counting the negative impact is has on normal players, who may get frustrated and quit playing because they don’t want to deal with bots, gold sale advertisers, etc.

No, we certainly don’t make money from them and the amount of resources dedicated towards efforts to deal with them is substantial."

EDIT: Herbalism bots plaguing BFA - #26 by Rufflebottom-bloodhoof is the thread this post comes from.

1 Like

Who cares bots are issue no matter what. It’s not our issue as players. Just report and get on your way

So the basis your argument is napkin math and made up scenarios since we have no actual real math to support it?

Im fascinated on these people who know so much about botting. Wonder why

Also peace out slicy. I’m sorry but man your arguments are so invalid. I have little time to explain.

Get over it bots are issue no matter what.

Everyons are when they argue opinions.

But the boost is coming, so i dont really need an argument now do I?

kinda what ive been saying tbh. They were a problem before and this doesnt change that

I told you good day

Ff14 also has live GMs and doesn’t wait on silly ban waves.

They ban immediately.

Imagine being a billion dollar company but can’t shell out some small change for 70 live GMs to monitor your game from the inside…

If they would hire 1-2 LIVE GMs per server, these servers would be cleaned up in under a month.

But bobby needs another yacht

2 Likes

Well talk to blizzard investors about Bobby’s bonus.

Sorry but blizzard sold its soul in 2006.

Not our problem as players.

You deal with the card handed to you.

Call it napkin math all you want, the numbers don’t lie.

This is why I’m done with this. You’re one of the people where trying to have a discussion with them just plain sucks. You shift the goalposts, change your position, don’t accept any evidence that doesn’t support your position, and then you make claims with no justification and when asked to provide justification, you just keep ducking, which is pretty telling. It’s a waste of time to argue with someone who’s so intellectually dishonest, so yeah, we’re done here.

I agree 100%.

That’s why idc about the boosts.

2 Likes

I will since thats what it is

hasnt moved. I think your goals accomplish absolutely nothing and the path you take punishes players while solving nothing

Is this the krusty crab?

No, this is Patrick.

(Also not sure why quoting that show as I think its silly. Invader Zim was my show. Guess it’s just easy for people to understand)

I do also have one last comment. (Unless someone send reply that I need to reply to)

If you are all worried about bots getting ore and herbs…why not make a rogue alt using boost?

You could instance herb farm and stuff.

Just find other ways to fight bots.

Also if bots are a big deal why not spend time making groups of 10+ people to spam report bots?

Instead you all have decided to qq on threads about an issue that’s been going on for 15 years…

Adapt people…

Less qq more pew pew

Edit: also don’t give me that “Well I’m paying blizzard to play the game and this should be fixed” my response is this…have you paid attention to what’s going on in the video game industry. Have you payed attention to how blizzard works for customers service? Open your eyes people. They had major layoffs in CS department. Unfortunately they need our help. The best thing we can do as players is to report bots. The best way is in mass. I don’t think many of you have worked in CS before especially when the company has gone through major changes. I can sit here and say it shows)

I have sat outside of DMT when I’m selling buffs and report every hunter bot in dmt (you can tell by how they go in and out if they are a bot, and the lvl 56 hunters farming it are a huge give away as well, lol.

I have gotten confirmations from blizzard multiple times through their automated mail saying I helped report a bot to ban it.

Itsa good feeling when I get a new one. I think I’m up to 12 so far, which isn’t a lot, but still a decent collection lol.