Yeah, SOM failed for a reason

Season of Mastery had many enthusiastic players at the start. At this point Jom Gabbar has enough to be functional. It’s bigger, probably, than my server had been going into Wrath of the Lich King.

Was it released too early with too few changes to make is a huge success? Yes. I am not saying it was a huge success.

I’m just saying that SoM still has some users who are enjoying the experience. I don’t think Guilds clearing AQ is a good metric since, despite its name, most people I knew joined SoM for a more RELAXED experience after going hard on speed leveling in Classic.

Instead of thinking that nobody wants Seasonal servers I would hope Blizzard takes the message that Seasonal servers would snare a more enduring audience by releasing at the right time with enticing changes.

Of course for some reason everyone playing Classic is eager to scream about how dead or doomed every version of the game is except the progression server. It’s like listening to Xan from Baldur’s Gate’s lines on loop every time I come to this forum.

1 Like

considering 40 minutes go by without anyone talking in chat, other than to sell some random green…what on earth are players doing in SoM?

Because it ain’t battlegrounds or dungeons…and it doesn’t seem to be leveling because most zones are dead

SoM was dead after the first month. Another reason why it died because there were also a lot of people went to do that hardmode/Ironman thing with streamers and the moment they all died, they quit lmao.

1 Like

i played it for a bit to see if i would like not having to boost people. ive been playing mmos since 1999 (everquest) and learned to enjoy power leveling other players, usually for free. i loved rdf when it first came out because i hadnt run any of the dungeons, other than deadmines. but i missed not being able to run other people. it became like a good deed for the day, type of thing. some people hated it and decided they would only do it for guild mates and even that was pushing it. then somebody decided to start charging gold for it. i rarely charged anything, tho i occassionally asked for mageweave donations during mageweave dungeon runs. i’ m gonna miss it. :sob:

I admit I myself don’t play it much anymore, because TBC had my favorite talent trees. But it being on the ropes NOW could be true.

I don’t know if I would consider that failing, however, when SoM was always designed as a temporary server. People got what they wanted from the experience and left, knowing that community was, by design, not going to be around forever.

Nobody played it cus it came out like 2 years after classic like we already got done with classic than they almost immediately rerelease it after TBC

I will openly say that SoM came out way too early. Honestly the release timing around then was generally bonkers.

Burning Crusade came out too soon as well, giving people a very cramped pre-patch and almost no time at all to level and gear out the new races.

Yea I only got my paladin to like 40 in the prepatch and was forced to drop him for my 60s at launch. Prepatch should be a month imo

A big part of why SoM isn’t doing so well is because they released it mid P2 of TBCC. I think it could’ve worked if it dropped during late WOTLK, but many classic players I know had moved on to TBC and couldn’t make time for both.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.