Yaya I think proved something

Did the experiment work do you think?

1 Like

Yeah it did, topic closure shouldn’t be automated like that.

1 Like

curiosity intensifies

1 Like

Hmm… elaborate?

1 Like

Topic is closed due to mass reports.

4 Likes

Oh, interesting. Yeah I’ve seen that happen in some threads lately. It’s obnoxious.

Giving forum goers this much power is kind of shocking!

1 Like

What was proven is that breaking the forum coc will get a thread locked. But most should have already known that.

2 Likes

Here’s the COC : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
Tell me which code that thread broke and how?

1 Like

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Making non-constructive posts

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums
3 Likes

So, what are you guys going to do with this info?

1 Like

2 Likes

“Spamming or Trolling” is so subjective to have a vote on.

That’s really dumb.

1 Like

The thread opens with

Which immediately falls under spamming/trolling.

under the bullet points

• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

To quote his full post

Its not a thread made with the purpose of attempting to create any discussion or with the purpose of looking to work towards improving the forums. Its a complaint thread that starts with an overly abused fad statement that is nothing but standoffish at best.

This thread on the other hand can fall under discussion of disciplinary action as well as spamming/trolling in the fact that its being made to promote unrest in the forums.

2 Likes

“Fad statement”

Again very subjective, “prove me wrong” is just a way to simplify their desire to have a discussion about something. Which is the whole point of forums imho. That and to share information.

If someone uses a “fad” to open up a serious discussion or point out a glaring flaw with the CoC/flagging abuse I think personally there should be an acception.

This is coming from someone who was repeatedly flagee in a thread where one cereal abuser was using all their alts to flag people they didn’t share the same opinion with 3/4 weeks.

The thread was about people kicking people fpr the LULZ and from my experience playing MMOs I hadn’t received or seen any treatment they described and most of the people in the thread said the same thing. Thanks one person went off the hinges and flagged tons of people who didn’t agree with them.

That needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

Its not a discussion of disciplinary action when mentioning the automated lock thread system, it doesn’t affect you until Blizzard decides to take action. Otherwise, after a certain time, the thread re-opens.

The way I see it, he’s opening up for a discussion. But I’ll give you one thing, its so open-ended that literally anything can be construed as trolling if you put your mind to it.

2 Likes

Right. Which is why players can’t give out suspensions or uphold flags. The thread may get locked up, temporarily or permanently, but at the end of the day it doesn’t do anything to the OP.

Go make another thread with a different topic and enjoy your fellow posters.

I dunno if the people who flag things into the ground are more sensitive than the people offended by a post getting flagged into the ground at this point…

1 Like

You can’t be serious. You think that’s spamming/trolling? I know green texting is a thankless, unforgiving, unpaying job that we all hold in the highest regard due to the unheralded wisdom it brings, but be serious. That was sarcasm, and “prove me wrong” was in quotes to give the reader a sense of that sarcasm which apparently you missed.

Like OP said, it did prove my point. You’re proving it now. There was no spam or trolling. To call it such totally incorrectly because you didn’t agree, as is often the case on GD, renders the meaning of those words as pointless as the phrase “wow is dying/dead.”

lol @ “unrest on the forums.” This isn’t the Arab Spring or the end of the Cold War, dude. Calm down.

4 Likes