Yay paladins!

You’re literally only thinking about Pally in Full plate (the main thing you won’t be fighting). What about literally everything else in the game? My guess is you didn’t include that because it is obvious they can be globalled. And if they can, then what are we even talking about?

Paladin is an absolute monster in Era PvP, particularly as the game ages.

I have dozens of clips of globaling every single class at top-end-gear.

Well, first off, reck needs to be built up for it to actually work in the first place

You need to SURVIVE 4 crits in the first place to be able to get reck off, and correct me if im wrong, but didnt they nerf reck such that it dropped if you so much as sneezed funny? I dont remember what the mechanics were exactly, fairly sure swapping weapons broke it, pretty sure dropping combat did too, and maybe swapping targets?

Might have made changes to it post era, but I definitely recall it being very screwy

You keep saying paladin is S tier in era, when referring to ret

Paladin is S tier in premade pvp in era as HOLY they are B or C tier at best as ret and only if they are in full bis.

Sure ret paladin got everything they would need to be S tier in era as ret in phase 1 of SoD, but they don’t exist in a vacuum, every other class is getting all kinds of busted stuff that’s going to tip the scales.

1 Like

Reckoning is reliable and easily manufactured. Surviving 4 crits is not an issue against most classes.

Reck’s problem in era is that the charges unload on the target if the game perceives you as having the intention of attacking a target. I.e., Even if the target is at max range, if you right click it or initiate attack on them, the game will assign the reck charges to it. So this can be overcome by the player. Other than that, you can mount, walk around, etc., indefinitely with 4 stacks ready to go (you cannot take a flight point, though).

Man, even then, id call them a or b tier at best. Maybe they rise to S tier for AB specifically, because you can heal turret on a point, but wsg, being completely immobile while healing makes you utterly useless

Not according to blizzard you cant?

Sorry, but your reliability as a source is greatly diminishing

You definitely can.

Would have to see video evidence, or later patchnotes stating an intentional change by blizzard to believe you

Why would I lie about that? I have been playing Pally in era recently, up to SoD’s launch. I routinely roamed Silithus, STV, SG, mounted with full stacks ready.

I dunno if you’re lying, embellishing, or unaware, and thought you had the stacks when you didnt, or some other strange circumstance, but my memory of it and of people discussing it, and the very clear blizzard blue post on the matter all say otherwise

So the only possibilities are: youre mistaken, or they made an intentional change on the behaviour, which should be written down in some patchnotes somewhere that im sure you can dig up

You can mount in era with a full stack of reckoning. Period.

Then prove it

devs reading this: so nerf hunters? got it.

How can I upload a clip? Have one of my own ready. Or hit me with your discord. Ill send you a couple.

This. Whenever I see a paladin I run, because I know I can’t do anything. Divine storm eats through my sac instantly and then I get HoJ’d/cs and die. If I do manage to get a good fear off they just bubble and repeat. Maybe it’s different as meta but I’m not meta.

Bruh, warlock literally hard counters paladin

If you’re losing to paladins you either have terrible gear or don’t know how to play warlock

1 Like

this but unironically :expressionless: pallies need to be served a big ol’ slice of humble pie.

Welp, I am deep destro for pve right now which I know isn’t optimal for pvp by any means. Just stupid that divine storm pops my sac and with al their instants and HoJ if they get close there is 0 counter play. I’ve never had an issue before in classic, tbc, or wrath beating them but I was also pvp spec.For the reference I mained Mage/Lock since vanilla and know all the tricks of the trade.

1 Like

that’s the issue, yes. and lord knows pallies have even more amazing goodies coming 25-60 :roll_eyes:

2 Likes