Yay Kansas!

I am from Kansas and we rock now. That’s all.

13 Likes

Why does Kansas rock now?

And we should care why now?

1 Like

Because we surprised me the other day and everyone around here is super jazzed up and happy. It’s just nice to not have something embarrassing about us in the news for once.

7 Likes

Just googled it.

Good on you all for telling the inbred self-appointed jaybus fondlers where to stick their useless interference.

6 Likes

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON! (but to musically)

4 Likes

YAY CORN!

(Seriously though I’m pretty sure I know what you are referring to and hope it continues into November)

4 Likes

It really isn’t anywhere near what the media depicts us as. When I would travel and meet people from like NY or Cali and they learned where I was from, they’d look surprised, like, “…but you can read? Where is your corn cob pipe and barrel w suspenders?”

Also fun fact Chonga- my hometown literally has an annual festival called the Tall Corn Festival which is a 3 day deal culminating in measuring who grew the tallest corn over the summer.

It is exactly what it sounds like. I haven’t been in like a decade. It’s this weekend though coincidently and I am inviting all of you.

5 Likes

As someone from an extremely rural area I can relate.

4 Likes

go back to GD

1 Like

3 Likes

Cultural appropriation is very hurtful (That joke’s about MY state - Nebraska)

2 Likes

So…is there anything new with corn?

2 Likes

…I thought we were still talking about Iowa?

So seriously though if anyone wants to swing through Kansas this weekend you can be my guest. I can’t promise it will be super amazing but I can promise it will be better than all of Shadowlands.

Just typical seed company bullspit about farmers not owning the rights to the crops. (Farmers can’t stockpile seed for the next year. They have to destroy it/return it, else be taken to court because the seed’s genetic coding is patented)

I’d have visited but I moved to Australia so it’s a bit out of the way :astonished:

1 Like

Next year then!

1 Like

As someone who lived in Kansas for a long time, I was very surprised but overjoyed by the news!

3 Likes