Y'all hate flying mounts don't you?

That the Soaring Spelltome could look like THIS (or even better), and is still not going to win, is just heartbreaking. Thanks to Fallyn for linking this in another thread.

That being said, it’s a fair point of contention that we don’t at least have concept arts of the mount to reference before being allowed to make a decision. I really hope they add this and the other losing mounts as well to the in-game shop, but that’s a secondary matter.

To me, it’s just really surprising that it’s lagging as far behind as it is in the polls, and I suspect a major reason behind it is that people think it’s going to be bland or poorly designed. Which, granted, is a reasonable assumption. But still, it could look so… :rainbow: magical :rainbow:.

Now I’m depressed.
Thanks for letting me vent.

EDIT: Adding an artist’s (very lovely) rendition on the 4 mounts, complete in one picture. Do give it a look. I’d still be happy if the caterpillar won, because it’s looks small and cute, and I still don’t like the tree.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rAX152

19 Likes

I don’t want a book mount I won’t use on any toon apart from a mage I don’t play, an epic tree mount will go well with a lot of stuff and classes and the druid covenant thing.

10 Likes

Books take paper… paper comes from… GASP

The goo cats weren’t the anti-tree radicals… i’ve been so blind. You BOOK FIENDS are the real villains.

10 Likes

I’ve also heard that cats love climbing trees and spend a good part of their teenage years sharpening their claws on bark, myeow :cat:

Why it is so huge? Why all mounts now are so freaking huge? Why we can’t get a flying broom for a permanent mount? Why we can’t have a jetpack for permanent mount? I want it I’m tired of taking 275% area of where I stand/idle with my huge arze mount of “so original and epic™ another monstrocity”.
THis game filled with cringy edgy kids I guess so they don’t understand the value of “silent” visuals. They want go BIG and annoying instead of compact and useful.

19 Likes

I’m hugely in favor of both of those. I’ve been wishing for a jetpack mount ever since I saw them in Mechagon.

10 Likes

This is why we need updated events.

A flying broom as a permanent mount would hype up Hallows End so much.

10 Likes

Idk. Personally, I think a book mount is stupid.

3 Likes

I just don’t like inanimate or mechanical mounts.

Won’t apologize neither, it’s all subjective.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing since Hallows End was implemented. I ran it every year on every character eligible to loot the mount and finally, FINALLY, got it year before last.

I did not miss skipping the event all together last year. So please… no more drop mounts here. I’ll candy bucket for it all day long but no more horseman drops, please, I beg you.

Also, sorry Rindoria, I voted for the caterpillar :frowning:

1 Like

I voted for tree but am beginning to… regret my decision.

I AM ACTUALLY TEAM GOO CAT.

2 Likes

Nah you don’t need to say or justify what you voted for at all. I was just expecting a lot more voters to jump on the flying book hype train :joy:

You traitor.

Hope you like life without Oxygen.

1 Like

My body is ready to evolve into a goo breathing superhero.

That looks terrible. That’d just be another ugly mage mount.

3 Likes

So people can park them on top of mailboxes, and quest npc’s lol.

1 Like

Literally every single one of the five mounts could feasibly have some manner of flight. We’re at the point where wolves, cats, and horses can sprout wings and take to the sky in WoW lore. I don’t think we need to accept a concept as bland as a floating book just because it might offer the capability of flight.

If Blizz really wanted to thank the community for their support (their words, not mine) then they’d put in the extra work to make flight available for whatever mount wins in the end.

Personally, I would never regard a floating book or a flying book mount to be bland; I would consider it magical in every way.

I think if Blizz really wanted to thank the community for their support then they’d put in the extra work to make equipment that would give ground mounts like the dreadsteed and fiery warhorse wings so they could fly.

2 Likes

The only vibe I get from this mount is:

And I hate it.

1 Like

man i hate the new night elf faces and portraits. So plastic.