Xrealm is why WSG is bad

Then why choose to respond then? The issue is clearly “OP doesnt want to fight another server’s A team”

Again… learn. to. read.

There are 36 servers in Classic. Of those 36 servers, less than half are bigger than the biggest vanilla servers. And they aren’t “several times larger” like you claim, not even twice as big.

They often seem bigger because of the extreme faction-imbalance, and because there is a higher percentage of level 60’s, raiders, and pvp’ers.

1 Like

You’re comparing peak time concurrent logins of Classic realms to total populations of vanilla realms.

I clearly stated anywhere from rank 11-14 which includes marshal and warlord

So you clearly disagreed with something and decided to focus in on this aspect of the conversation. Maybe being combatitive for no reason?

Already addressed that, too. Learn to read.

Cross realm isn’t what causes people to be high ranked.

So essentially, a difference that makes no difference.

Again, you are being autistic. Rather than moving on and properly inferring OP meant “high ranked teams in general” you choose to take the OPs words LITERALLY.

A team of marshals/warlords likely is impossible. And even if it wasn’t then the chances theyd all be grouped together is equally unlikely. The most reasonable message someone can infer is that “OP is having a tough time against high ranked premades” NOT that OP is LITERALLY fighting 10 warlords at the same time. So rather than infer something more reasonable, you decide to be autistic

Cross realms allow AFK botters and account sharers to attain high rank. They allow fast queues during off time where most people would be sleeping.

1 Like

No I’m not. In late Vanilla Blizzard opened server transfers. My server was very alliance-heavy and I wanted to go to a more balanced server with a lot of active BG’s. So I went to Warcraftrealms, and they had two separate sections, one was overall players, and the other was an activity chart, which was basically census data updated periodically.

I don’t really remember everything, but I remember that my server had peaks of 1500 for alliance, and 700 for horde. And I remember the best server I saw for balanced activity was 2k for alliance and 2k for horde. I can’t remember what server it was, but it was a PvP server and I played on a PvE server so I couldn’t transfer there.

I found a link.

web.archive. org/web/20060328013154/http ://www.warcraftrealms. com/activity.php

This is the one for Classic… wowclassicpopulation. com/activity

Try again without insults and I’ll respond.

You are, because this…

… is literally impossible with vanilla realm population caps. 2k per faction means 2k active users, not 2k concurrent users.

And this…

… means a “peak” of 6k people logged in at the same time.

If you don’t understand the difference between 6k people at the same time versus 4k people total, then I don’t know what else to say.

Format links like this using two backticks on either side.

Kern(Grummz) says the server cap was 3500-4000.

https://i.imgur.com/yNWkujT.png

The links I posted show the concurrent players.

The biggest classic servers have ~6k concurrent player peaks. And the biggest Vanilla servers had ~4k concurrent player peaks. My server was a “medium” server and it had about 2200 concurrent player peaks.

Most classic servers don’t even have 4k concurrent player peaks. Many are below 2k. So no, Classic servers are not “several times larger” than vanilla servers.

wowclassicpopulation.com/activity

If somehow we did not warn you that is EXACTLY what was going to happen.

Jokes on them!

No, he says the servers could only handle 3,500-4,000.

He said the cap was dynamic and it could change.

According to…?

Alright, but wouldn’t that mean that at times it was 4k? Isn’t that what I said?

Also, Classic server caps were larger when the game first launched and before they removed layering. The caps at launch were something like 8-10k, now they are 6k. I remember when they removed layering, servers that hadn’t had queues in a month suddenly had them again.

That Blizzard post makes sense since it was written in August, I don’t know if it still applies.

Regardless, the census data seems to indicate that the current server cap is 6k, and Kern said the vanilla cap was 3-4k.

The point is, there are several low-pop servers in Classic that are smaller than my medium-pop vanilla server. And about half the current Classic servers are smaller than the biggest vanilla servers.

Not necessarily. What they can handle isn’t necessarily what the cap was. It was likely lower, as was speculated back in vanilla.

From my understanding, the population cap remains the same, but the population is not distributed with layering anymore since it isn’t as necessary. Or perhaps it was lowered, but still remained higher than vanilla.

In any case…

6k is still higher than any realm in vanilla.

That’s certainly not what Blizzard says. Maybe the information is outdated or they were lying. /shrug

Because Activision hates us. We’re gamers, not consumers of micro-transactions, thus were not their ideal audience.

Now days, AAA game companies do not produce games; instead they build slot machines, and Classic WoW isn’t that.

As a result they spitefully overlord the Classic WoW team.

Keep in mind I was originally responding to this…

Yes, 6k is bigger than 4k, I never claimed otherwise. But low-pop Classic servers aren’t “several timers larger” than vanilla servers. Even the biggest servers are only 50% bigger than the biggest vanilla servers.

I’ve also heard people claim that Classic servers are “several times larger” than Nostalrius. When in fact none of the Classic servers are anywhere close to the size of Nostalrius.

I wasn’t trying to fight with you or call you out. I was just trying to provide people with accurate information. Nothing I said in this thread was inaccurate or misleading.

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/activity

don’t be so woke, you might trigger some brand loyal shill.

I disagree with that sentiment. Premades will always happen. Even if it was realm specific, premades would still be the go to even play a bg. And that’s even worse imo.