XP Nerf to Party Members Because One or More People, in the Party Have Their XP Turned Off

Wondering if re-queing with the same people counts as “Manually getting a group, together”.

Likely to prevent abuse.

There’s two standout classes but really anyone low level can do it. I’ve fully solo carried low level dungeon on both Arcane Mage and Mistweaver Monk.

Not that I would but if I wanted to fast ultra plvl someone to 50, myself and a friend just having a MW and a Protection Paladin at level 12. You’re golden to carry easily to max level were you to cap your level.

Second potential reason may be to ‘discourage’ staying at a level for purposes other than exploring more of a scaled expansion for your own desires.

1 Like

There’s nothing to prevent someone from deleting and making new level 10 allied race mistweavers after every dungeon and just mailing their enchanted heirlooms to their new character. It’s actually harder to carry people if you XP lock at a higher level, which some people do because they just don’t want to go to Shadowlands or because they’re trying to get Chromie Timed gear for timewalking.

Also they already nerfed some of the most broken stuff, like the high item level artifact weapons that people were using at low levels for awhile, or the rare staff from WoD that was like ilevel 44 but could be used at level 10 and was popular with brewmaster twinks

This is a common but obviously nonsensical response. I don’t understand how people don’t recognize that as they’re typing it out.

This times infinity squared.

WoW is the only game I have ever come across where you get weaker as you level up.

It’s beyond frustrating.

:cookie:

5 Likes

It does not, as long as you queue in the instance group. If you were to leave, invite each other, and queue with them as a party group, though, they would get the 95% xp reduction debuff. The debuff only applies to levelers in your party group. I hope this clarifies.

2 Likes

Scaling was a joke, true.

That is not the reason though.

Selling Freehold level boosts on a twink DH for 2k to 3k gold per level SEVERELY undercut WoW max level boost for $80.

The difference with shadowlands boosts is they are selling tokens all day every day $$$

If someone started some free, not for profit boosting community the size of Huokan… Blizzard would shut them down FAST as it would cost them precious token sales.

When you form a group of, lets say 3 people, then you queue up, your technically in 2 different parties.

If you use party chat, only the other 2 people you grouped with before queueing can see it.

If you use instance chat, all 5 people will see it.

Even when you re queue a second time, those other 2 people will still only see instance chat, so the game should still actually know that they are randoms and hopefully not apply the debuff.

1 Like

I turn XP OFF because I deserve everything that is the best from that level because BLIZZ has made XP gains so fast that I can’t get what I used to get
8 years ago with normal level with XP ON. So XP ON at a low level is a nerf in my book.

Then you get idiots saying oh just level up as the weapons are better as if you want me to ride the fast wave to leveling up. HELL NO!
I want to experience all the fun I had 8 years ago with all the cool gear I got back then.

2 Likes

Wow. Conclusions jumped to all over the place here.

1 Like

Hey Estalayia… I have turned off my XP a LOT to experience story without leveling, and I can confirm that it does NOT affect the group in randoms. Just in manually made groups. I do not believe it affects your teammate if you are in a group together and sign up for a random dungeon, though.

EDIT: I am now at the end of the thread and see you’ve already confirmed that for yourself. lol

1 Like

Because as with all things Blizz does

Maizou says the literal reason for this non-issue and people argue about it. :rofl:

boy those freehold ads were a plague on area-52. trade chat was a solid purple from all the demon hunters selling carries.

Again:

And, it may not be an issue for you or anyone like you, but it is for someone like me 'cause I can’t manually group with people, as I’ll be a hinderance to their XP.