XP Nerf and TW event

I feel TW should be exempt from this system, as everyone is not only scaled down, but everyone has easy access to old gear that would be powerful in TW.

But you know, everybody hates us.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter now, they’d never admit it to a bad design anyway. Actual communication would have saved thousands of raging posters on their forum but it is what it is.

2 Likes

If people would read the actual tooltip of the debuff it would have saved a ton of poutrage, or would it?

something something

2 Likes

"Experience gains from quests and kills vastly reduced. Someone in your party has chosen to no longer gain experience.

Spell ID 206662"

You mean that tooltip? The tooltip that could be read in both manners since it’s not very clear as to what they mean by party in an instance group? You should know as well as most of us here that tooltips have had a history of being incorrect and/or have piss poor written descriptions.

Edit - a little communication would go a long way. That’s neither here nor there anymore though.

3 Likes

Especially since Blizzard would have never posted about the change AT ALL until someone found it.

4 Likes

So if I get into a LFR dungeon and the other 4 people that grouped up manually it would not affect me if one in that group has XP off?

Yeah, that too. It’s a shame what this company has become compared to what they once were.

1 Like

Idk why they even BOTHER sneaking in things like this. It has straight up never worked. People find these sorts of things within like 48 hours of them hitting PTR. TOPS. It just comes back and bites them every time.

1 Like

We’re talking about the same group of folks that thinks players are too dumb to use PvP vendors, I guess we really can’t blame them if they think all the players are really that dumb. lol

2 Likes

They have the ability to keep us from datamining things. They’ve done it in the past for specific things. The fact that people knew about this implies Blizzard wasn’t trying to pull a sneaky one on us. Either it’s still early and they’re messing with the idea and therefore didn’t announce it, or they were going to put it in a patch note later.

1 Like

What do you mean, there’s only one way to take that tool tip. That it affects people in a party. if I q for an IE, and I get put ina GROUP with randoms, that’s not a party. If I party up with a friend then we q for IE’s when we get joined with a rando, I’m in a party with my friend, and we’re both in a group with the rando. I think you’re trying to make it out like it’s confusing so you can foment poutrage.

As far as the tooltip being crappily written or them changing them later on, well that’s a different argument.

As far as we can tell from everything we have, the XP debuff doesn’t affect people who use the LF functionality or the Q functionality to group up with random people.

So it was always that way.

We couldn’t be sure they way the buff was stated.

Eh. It’s definitely a bad tool tip, but it was -technically- not misleading. There’s a difference between ‘party’ and ‘group’ in the context of WoW, but it’s easy to overlook.

Well, in any case, people were confused and Blizzard clarified.

"Experience gains from quests and kills vastly reduced. Someone in your party has chosen to no longer gain experience.

Spell ID 206662"

Ive only ever seen the tool tip text read as the above. Have you seen something different? If you haven’t there’s only one way to take the meaning of the tool tip.

Then you explain why Blizzard clarified it other than people were confused about the tool tip?

because people are stupid and were freaking out all over the forum, so Blizz stepped in to put an end to it?