XP Nerf and TW event

They have the ability to keep us from datamining things. They’ve done it in the past for specific things. The fact that people knew about this implies Blizzard wasn’t trying to pull a sneaky one on us. Either it’s still early and they’re messing with the idea and therefore didn’t announce it, or they were going to put it in a patch note later.

1 Like

What do you mean, there’s only one way to take that tool tip. That it affects people in a party. if I q for an IE, and I get put ina GROUP with randoms, that’s not a party. If I party up with a friend then we q for IE’s when we get joined with a rando, I’m in a party with my friend, and we’re both in a group with the rando. I think you’re trying to make it out like it’s confusing so you can foment poutrage.

As far as the tooltip being crappily written or them changing them later on, well that’s a different argument.

As far as we can tell from everything we have, the XP debuff doesn’t affect people who use the LF functionality or the Q functionality to group up with random people.

So it was always that way.

We couldn’t be sure they way the buff was stated.

Eh. It’s definitely a bad tool tip, but it was -technically- not misleading. There’s a difference between ‘party’ and ‘group’ in the context of WoW, but it’s easy to overlook.

Well, in any case, people were confused and Blizzard clarified.

"Experience gains from quests and kills vastly reduced. Someone in your party has chosen to no longer gain experience.

Spell ID 206662"

Ive only ever seen the tool tip text read as the above. Have you seen something different? If you haven’t there’s only one way to take the meaning of the tool tip.

Then you explain why Blizzard clarified it other than people were confused about the tool tip?

because people are stupid and were freaking out all over the forum, so Blizz stepped in to put an end to it?

LOL! Whatever!

People weren’t freaking out all over the forum? There multiple threads with hundreds of posts in them. It was a total molehill and mountain moment. If people had just stopped and thought for a second before rushing to the forum to fly off the handle they would have realized that being in a party and a group are different things.

Yeah, it happens when the tool tip is not clear.

More so when people want to find something to poutrage about.

Yeah, sure whatever! LOL!

I think when you change a rather core component of the game (and an activity a fairly decent amount of players participate in) you should put the blue post out…idk…before the change hits PTR. Not 48 hours after.

1 Like

Proudly displaying a rare occurrence of good communication doesn’t erase all the examples of bad.

As said by a Blue Post, not how it works.

2 Likes

hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Freehold carries wouldn’t work if there weren’t buyers or sellers. If no one was interested they would have died out long ago.

1 Like

OP has a legitimate question as…I have xp turned off and am a Timewalking twink which means…the gear I use allows me to move through tw dungeons easily, whether tank or dps.

I also like to use my legion legendaries for content outside of TW.

I run with guildies sometimes, but most of them are 120 so it doesn’t matter…and for those leveling…I don’t think they (guildies) will care.

Problem I can see is, what about the people that choose to stay with me to continue TW, along with 1 or 2 other guildies. So does that 4th person get reduction because he is in ‘party’?..even though he was found and joined via the finder tool, but has stayed with us for numerous dungeons.

Poor solution to the trade spamming of “wts boosts”.

I don’t want to get kicked because I have xp off all because I chose to enjoy my Legiondaries and happen to love timewalking because of the gear I use.

1 Like