Xfers? PLEASE! for the love of the game

Can we (paying customers), please get word on the timeline for transfers. My play group/friends are all scattered across realms because nobody has the time to wait hours to play. Nor do I have the time to start over, and play catchup with my friends. I played Vanilla and only came back for Classic. Transfers were a part of the old vanilla, so i don’t see why this could’t be implemented sooner rather than later. I will not wait long, and if this is not an option, you will have made me very sad. Please advise.

PS Any trolls who respond telling me to just reroll can bite me. I have a day job. THX.

Any announcement on transfers will likely happen in the Classic forums, not the CS forums. The blues have already said that they have no information on that.

And while you made it clear, though colorful, that you don’t want to re-roll, that’s currently your only option.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, Classic never had transfers. In the spirit of keeping the game as unchanged as possible, I strongly doubt we will see transfers any time soon for Classic.

That said, stranger things have happened and as things settle down, we may see something like this in the future.

I would suggest posting your concerns in the Classic forum as well. This way the game devs of Classic can see this very common concern I have been reading about. Or use the in game suggestion.

When doing so, I would suggest explaining why you feel it would be a good thing, how it is affecting you personally, and how it would benefit the player base as a whole.

I do not mean to put you off here, or give the impression I am just shrugging off

I do wish everyone that does not want to start over the best of luck and am hoping those queue times go away soon

Edit: And we are here

1 Like

Just reroll

3 Likes

It’s been answered already. Transfers may be available at a later date. Your only option at the moment is to reroll.

2 Likes

I would like to transfer my warlock off of herod.

Well you can just reroll. It’s been around one week, so if you spent another week on a new realm you would be where you are today. To me that seems like a much preferred solution to transfers.

2 Likes

Server transfers were definitely a thing in vanilla.

i’m lvl 25 now. did you even read my post? why would i reroll and be 20+ lvls behind my friends??!?

There are NO transfers currently available for Classic. As noted in the previous thread I linked, they are considering it. That means it has not been implemented yet.

The realms have only been open for one week, just reroll.

It existed in Vanialla. They used the system to encourage players to help lower the population of a high-pop server and increase the population of a low-pop server. I don’t see them doing it for a month or two in Classic.

1 Like

I looked it up, and you are right. there was an interview about 6 months before BC released talking about the introduction of server transfers.

I stand corrected, but most certainly 100% not this soon in Classic. Thank you though for that. I trying to find evidence you were incorrect, I found out it was me that was incorrect.