X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

Next year will be the year, right guys? :sob:

1 Like

10+ years of saying that

2 Likes

QWATER GOT THE MOUNT!!! YAY!!!

sure, but if i walk into a bank and tell them i want to withdraw $100 from my checking account and i expect a “little extra” from the teller’s drawer, they’re going to laugh and then ignore that request. that doesn’t mean they’re providing bad service.

he did! i saw him on it in org this morning and gave a /cheer. it warms the heart :slight_smile:

My cousin was trying for this for years, but he died before getting it. No drop should ever be held over someone’s head for their entire life.

It’s not petulant to want to accomplish a goal someone sets for themselves and hopes to achieve, as they put the same work and effort into it that everyone else is.

1 Like

Yeah, no. I’m a paying customer, just like everyone else, and I’m complaining about an objectively broken and unfair system. Congrats on being flagged within only 3 minutes, that’s impressive.

1 Like

Apples to oranges.

You’re comparing a deterministic reward vs a chance reward. This is more akin to having a 1 in 100 chance at getting your $100. Every chance is 1 dollar, you spend 100 dollars on chances and you’ve got nothing to show for it.

Just replace the dollar with time. I wager more people would rather spend 100 hours KNOWING they’ll get it over 100 hours for a chance.

Same with Invincible, A’lar and the like. You can have 1000 attempts on them and still be just as likely to have it drop as your first or never have it drop.

Make a currency so after say 250 attempts.
If it drops, great! If it doesn’t okay, you get a token of cuckery, 249 more and you can just buy it.

3 Likes

So basically how FF14 does it. After 999 runs and no drop you can buy it with the 1 guaranteed token drop per boss for all 999 tokens you farmed.

4 Likes

And some of those examples already have BLP via BMAH. Compared to the rocket.

It’s better than what we have now.

2 Likes

Not only that as we’ve discussed before, but they have the 1% rate for every kill.
Now if EVERY dropped mount you only had a 1% chance for your first 15 kills of a year and then a .003% for all the rest of the year (and hell let’s limit your attempts too) without any other method to obtain, I’d wager anyone else who luckily got the BLR but tries for others would then absolutely be fuming at how stupid it is.

But nope, since they got it and/or don’t really care about collecting mounts, everything is fine and no changes are needed.

Hell, it’s not even 999 totems, it’s 99 and can be gotten after 50 runs if the boss drops 2.
But then again, people still run those for glam and more.
Whereas apart from the mount/armor, there’s only two cosmetic, toy and a pet so there’s NO other reason unless you’re trying to get tokens to keep running it afterward.
So the only way Blizzard knows how to keep holiday events from becoming obsolete isn’t to actually update to keep them engaging/fun but to flip people off and going “Getting this item sucks, big time and you’re unlikely to see it. So… get to it.”

Hey Blizzard, you want a great for free? How about you make it so things we already collected, don’t keep dropping. I don’t really care about the Heartbreaker mount, but seeing the Mask, Rose, and Toy drop when I’m trying to get the manuscript is really, really, REALLY, frustrating.

4 Likes

no, i’m saying that somebody equating “i didn’t get the reward i wanted” with “they provided bad customer service” is being silly.

True and you can grind it on your own rythm, instead of 15 consecutive days…

2 Likes

Well…I won’t say that its bad customer service because I didn’t get it, its bad customer service or better to say game design from Devs to provide the same approach but with a daily boost attempt.

There’s not anything in order to provide a better experience and the game should prioritize engagement and fun first. Instead the holiday became a slot machine.

3 Likes

For real, and if you’re not willing to do that, at least put a 1 copper value on everything. I’m so sick of having to type in DELETE every time to get rid of the toy that dropped for me YET AGAIN despite me already having it.

1 Like

the only thing that makes me feel better is knowing I have a 350 day break from this crap

5 Likes

No mount for me either, I really hate BS rng system.

3 Likes

My silver lining is I’ve never seen anyone getting it or saying they got it. I think just once last year I saw one person from my guild get only because my guild notified me.

Grats to everyone who got it this year.

3 Likes

Two weeks, 5 toons and zero dragon pattern acquired this is the new Love Rocket all over again GG Blizzard.

1 Like