X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

You basically won the lottery, congrats. Yes the wowhead stats ARE correct. But this year they buffed it to an unknown amount, but most still didnt get it.

2 Likes

I doubt it four people in my guild got it this year.

They got super lucky too, its still insanely low. The first attempt everyday was boosted - every attempt after low %.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know but obviously, it went up significantly.

Obviously, wowhead doesn’t have the first attempt for the account every day statistics. So, yeah they are wrong.

1 Like

it was buffed significantly. i don’t know anyone who got one to drop in years and years until this year. this year i got one myself and know at least four other people who did also.

4 Likes

Well, this is true and future years will have more drops, however; this fix didn’t help with some core issues mentioned by Dev:

• “This isn’t fun”, its a videogame and the approach of the encounter that last less that 2 minutes, the player compositions for this instance, the repeat the same X amount of times…all that’s still present.

• It didn’t help with the other part mentioned by Dev " if you want to maximize your chance of getting the mount, it’s in your best interest to repeat this event every day on as many characters as possible. That’s… mathematically correct, but not a great experience.", Since, the drop is still pure RNG, therefore; its mathematically correct to do more that 1 attempt per day, its better if you run it with every alt possible…its not healthy for the player to do 50 attempts per day during 15 days but that’s an issue between some collectors mentallity and the path provided by Devs, that’s still an issue, since it’ll cause frustation among players that want the mount, it doesn’t matter if it’s 99.99% drop, you can still be that 0.01% that doesn’t get the item for years. Obviously that’s an extreme scenario, I’d prefer actual bad luck protection in the game, so every attempt counts towards a goal.

1 Like

i agree and i don’t think it’s perfect as it stands now. but a lot of people are saying things like “they didn’t change anything because i still don’t have it” which is nonsense

4 Likes

I agree, The partial fix was better than nothing, but it really only applied to the first roll on the battle.net for that day.
“This isn’t fun.” It’s still RNG gamba where the first daily roll for the battle.net was boosted but then it went to the same rate it’s always been. I still had 6-7 hours daily of queues/running the event in between instance caps.

Statistically the second part is true also. I did 60 last year which was down from the 97 on 2 accounts I usually ran. BLP would be amazing. I can kind of see there were a small minority of people with the mount who were not wanting everyone to get it, I think there is a larger portion of the playerbase that is understanding that getting this drop is just luck and not at all skills based. An example of this is my friend years ago got it with 13 characters whereas some previous years; I ran close to 100 (97) and still never got it. I usually have followed along each year to watch the drops as they happen, usually checking wowhead and wowsecrets mount discord mostly to see periodically how it compared. I do think the rate on the first roll daily was higher but there were still a lot of people trying.

I had considered the shifting meta to farm this mount for 2023. That was/is simply to farm on my second bnet, but it gets to a point where having 2 of its recolors, it starts to get ridiculous. As an experiment a friend of mine with the BLR on his main account, token subbed his other bnet and even with the increased odds also did not get the drop, but I found that interesting, like a science experiment. I recorded some of my runs and made shorts but even then running the same same dungeon on practically each class was still boring. I am hoping next year can be done better but the 2023 fix scratched the itch somewhat but didn’t satisfy for myself and many others still having to farm the mount next year. It is the ultimate carrot on a stick, even my mother jokingly laughs when I am farming it, knowing it’s intended that pink rocket likely won’t drop for me. The 15 days per year (plus I can never hit all of my attempts on that last day usually), instance cap, and boredom (idk how much coffee I consume farming this mount each year to stay awake for hours of runs). It’s not difficult content but it’s tedious and everyone on your friends’ list that is not in chemco it always feels like they are doing something more interesting than you are like m+, raid, transmog/raz skin farming etc. during the event. There’s a I wish I was doing something more engaging and interesting in WoW rn feeling, that is hard to explain but it’s frustrating, to feel that way. A good percentage of mount collectors will farm on each alt given they have the time to do so daily, whereas some did stop after either the daily first roll or after they ran out of eligible alts. Will try to suggest more love is given towards this drop in the future. However, I will surely see everyone still farming in 2024 (and beyond possibly).

3 Likes

Its hard to get that % because it was only the first for like 2 weeks max. Not enough information to gather.

All of this boils down to just one question - should everything be easy to get?

Shouldn’t some things just be amazingly hard to acquire either by skill or by luck? You don’t see many out there with gladiator mounts which require great skill, shouldn’t the same be said of mounts that require great luck?

For example, I’ve been farming Sha for years, I know the drop rate is insanely low, I have thrown multiple alts at it since he first appear to no avail. But that’s ok, I know the mount is super rare and I may never get it, but I’ll try anyway. I would never ask that the drop chance be increased because that actually devalues the mount.

The new approach for next year will be to have another emails for other accounts not linked to your current bnet, then try it, if you get it, then merge that account with your main account without learning the mount, it just moved the odds from doing multiple alts to multiple accounts

Transfer Effects

Will move Will not move
Game account and expansions Unused services: character boosts, character transfers, faction changes
All characters and their inventory, bank and void storage Items in the Collections Journal including mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe items, heirlooms, Recruit a Friend rewards, Runecarver Memories, and Dragonriding Glyphs
Character-specific achievements Account-bound achievements
Gold and other currencies Honor Level
Game time Great Vault progress
Active Recruit a Friend links

As mentioned and tried by another council member: Artemisha, however; She didn’t get the mount…She did the 2nd account too late in the event and tried 60+ alts + another acccount.

I hope there’s some changes, not only to the % drop chance but to the whole fight mechanics, event…etc

I don’t agree with players that think the low % drop rate provides value because you can pay X boost characters, accounts like the new approach…etc and gain an advantage over other players because its just a mathematicall problem, just add more attempt and maybe you’ll get it but imagine a player using 1 character, Blizzard desings big time sinks (hamster wheels) without considering that scenario compared to other MMORPGs and game in the industry.

Exactly, Some players will say that the problem is yourself for doing it and you can just not do it, but if you really want that reward that’s the best approach and the fight its a joke, there’s 10 instances limit per realm, players afk…We don’t even need tank/healers for this, there’s not anything fun about doing the event, I checked holidays in other MMORPGS or other games and there’s always something new, a 100% way to acquire the new thing after a questlines, matches…etc, Just compare Overwatch events to WoW (beating the hardest difficult of Junkenstein’s revenge, Devs adding a new flavor or content like Wrath of the bride), Holidays should have good gameplay like specific Worldquest, PvP brawls, a really instersting pve fight (timewalking provides a better challenge compared to holiday bosses).

1 Like

Bad luck protection should absolutely be a real thing in the game. I think it should be on everything and the protection should go up more and more the further back an expansion is.

5 Likes

My favorite part was “greatly increased”. That’s relative. still lower than a normal mount drop chance. 0.01% to 0.1% is a great increase.

Bad luck protection is extremely overdue. Nobody is going to leave if they bring it in, but I’m sure lots have just burned out and are gone never to return because they don’t have it. Many mount farms have taken me to my limit over the years.

3 Likes

Blizz is never gonna respond to this post. Not sure why they won’t take 60 seconds out of thier day to respond. Sadge.

Hey Linxy, Devs

When are you going to check the massive amount of feedback regarding really low drops in game? The same kind of feedback existed for World bosses (It seems like a lot of collectors were save due to Evoker’s bug and not because the drop change was planned)…etc, Devs should realize that bad luck protection that change these grinds into a goal will benefit the game, the time sinks just cause frustation!

Stop the massive RNG that doesn’t have a good balance, all RNG rewards should consider the scenario of a player using 1 character instead of a player doing the maximum possible attempts.

6 Likes

Speaking of low drop rates and stupid RNG they should look into making the dark shaman outfit drop more often and take a serious look at the BS that is their DF rare spawn loot table as every time I kill a DF rare and get a piece of gear it’s something my character that scored the kill can’t use and this is annoying me to no end. I killed three rares on my warlock today for example and it gave me a cross bow, a great sword, and I think something leather. Rare spawns should drop gear the one who slayed them can use and not have a big RNG middle finger happen every single time.

3 Likes

Everything in game should have this by now.

5 Likes

What sense does this make for Blizzard? People have been farming these mounts/items for YEARS, some of them a couple decades. These are people who are keeping an active subscription specifically for the purpose of farming these mounts/items. Who in their right mind at Blizzard would say “Meh, 20 years of monthly subscription time is long enough, let’s give em the mount.”

2 Likes

There is no harm in giving someone the mount after a 100 attempts or whatever it is with bad luck protection.

If having worse luck then this is keeping customers playing the game than the game has serious problems. (Oh wait, it already has serious problems… some of them are due to absurdly low drop rates)

5 Likes

Sometimes these players quit due to the frustation, besides that it makes the game less appealing for future collectors, I won’t recommend this game from a cosmetic point of view due to the massive grinds behind some cosmetic rewards without a bad luck protection in place.

4 Likes