X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

I saw a huge change in my over 55 and play wow FB group…last year we only had two posters get the rocket and I was one of the two…this year at least 8 or more got it …so yeah there was a increase for sure.

1 Like

I really want to know for the people who got it like me, was it on your first try or an alt?
I got mine on an alt really making it feel like the drop chance on your first character per-day was not in fact increased. Considering there is no way of telling if they actually increased it or not I guess there’s just no point in asking.

After all, Blizzard would never lie right?

2 Likes

Great way to anger the actual collector community blizz. You suppsedly increased 1st attempt of day drop rate so casuals that don’t even know the mount exists get mount just as likely as collectors that’s been trying over 10 years hundreds of attempts wishes they had this chance on all toons they worked hard to lvl to 60 many of us specifically for this mount.

5 Likes

So you want them to reduce the drop rate?

1 Like

Lets say they increased it to 1% for the first kill each day that is an insane increase from what 0.01 %? and its not like you cant still farm it still the old way of using 50 alts, see it as a bonus chance of getting the mount, this talk about them lieing about having increased the chance is ridiculous . Some people seem to have gotten in to their heads that they were gonna hand everyone the mount

1 Like

Devs didn’t lie, the chance was increased but for 1 attempt per day, the problem comes when the Devs acknowledged the frustating gameplay during 2022’s event and then the fix didn’t address the unfun aspect of the grind.

It’s not only about the drop chance, but the fight doesn’t requires roles, the limited instances issues every 10 attempts in the same realm. A lot of collectors expected a deterministic way to earn the mount or a flat increase to all our attempts (And we´ve 50+ attempts), a bad luck mechanic like providing the mount for 1000-2000 love tokens or a new meta achievement with new activities isn’t the same as handing the mount to everyone…because there’s a grind with progress towards a goal. The drop rate could be increase to 99% drop that a player could still fail to obtain the mount for years because that’s the awful side of RNG.

Dev showed comprehension about this but the fix didn’t address the burn out from this grind or the lack of fun on this activity, even the Dev mentioned how he couldn’t try as much as possible due to RL stuff…its the same for some players, another mmorpgs address holidays events and rewards with a better path that provides a challenge, an experience, something to the player instead of a frustating moment.

2 Likes

It definitely didn’t address the actual problem in being unfun and still feeling the need to swarm it with alts to keep trying. It should have just been an increase in drop chance like brewfest or Halloween time. Got those in a few cycles.

This one took me 13 ish years…

2 Likes

Blizzard hasn’t and won’t respond to our questions. I asked daily for a response

1 Like

They didn’t reply or care to post a Dev note, I just hope this first attempt boost isn’t the solution for hallow’s end or brewfest mounts, that’ll show if they want to change it for next year or now this is the permanent “solution” for all the events and some player will use multiple accounts next time.

1 Like

You aren’t entitled to a response. Just because you ask doesn’t mean they have to answer.

1 Like

I have a guild mate that for years every since LK came out trying for that Green Proto drake mount from the Egg from The Oracles, this went on for years and years …never getting the drake from the egg…he finally broke down and brought off the BMAH when it showed up there…for almost 5/6 yrs he tried weekly for that egg…

1 Like

You know what is unfun…spending over 3 yrs doing two fishing dailies for 3 yrs trying for the Jeweled Fishing pole …that is how long it took this character right here to finally get it to drop…day in day out doing those two fishing dailies was not fun at all…I collect fishing poles …every other character I have got it easily but not this one…3+ yrs.

3 Likes

Ouch. I’d drop that toon as it seems to be cursed with ultra bad luck xD

No she doesn’t have all that bad luck its just RNG is RNG…add in this is my main …my first character I ever made and no way would I get rid of her…

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s why players expected some kind of bad luck protection, we can see this too in the gear progress on which a lot of players ask for target gear instead of doing the same M+ 100 runs… Shadowlands S4 showed that target gear could be accomplish. IMO, WoW has a lot of RNG as a way to keep the player in the game instead of doing better gameplay

I disagree. The post had hundreds of posts from paying customers. It had what maybe 150 likes. Blizzard just doesn’t care

Hey Linxy, Can we’ve a Dev note from Chimes?

I know he worked on the recent massive new gear system and maybe he’s been busy.

However, it feels bad that a change for something that cause a frustating experience for over 10 years to players didn’t have a follow up from Devs after their inputs during 2022s event.

Chimes thanks for your work on the new gearing system, we’ll see how it works but please do a follow up with the community, there’s a council doing threads about everything, including the cosmetic rewards like this one.

None of this entitles you to a response, especially given the fact that many of those responses and likes could have possibly come from alts.

1 Like

Read my post that I started and if you want we can discuss again. Chimes probably agrees with you though so ur not alone

Linxy - any more communication on the event and drop rate? Do you consider it a success? What was the player feedback? Are you going to change it for next year? Why didn’t we get any updates on this event while it was happening?

Please respond.

4 Likes