X-45 Heartbreaker Drop Chance - Blizzard Evaluating Solutions to Future Holiday Frustrations

1 Like

you should check your source better, wowhead did this post because if you click on the " View Original", you’ll go to the current thread for this topic from yesterday…

2 Likes

I don’t see why it’s an issue to post this article. The thread dropped down the list and not everyone saw it. People see news articles and share.

My issue with the post is that it’s just a link and zero feedback/input.

But I will give my feedback at least:

Do what some other games do: weekly quests for the event that give you a major currency and the number of weeks, say 3, means you get 3 of the currency to buy the one new cosmetic for that year. The next year, that cosmetic goes onto the vendor for the easier and quicker to get currency and a new cosmetic goes to the weekly quest currency.

For instance, in Rift, the weekly quests for a 3 week event got me 3 shards to spend on the new mount. I spent the beads I picked up from mobs, dungeons and dailies to buy old stuff I didn’t get the previous years.

Or continue to make it a drop for next year with a higher droprate and then put on the vendor the year after that, adding something new to the holiday as a drop, then rinse, repeat ever year.

Or if no new cosmetics are added, just put it on the vendor for a bunch of tokens.

1 Like

I’m disappointed they aren’t changing anything this year, but I’m glad to know they’re looking into the issue.

2 Likes

Sure, my reply was focus on that part that you mentioned.

It didn’t bring something new from OP to talk about.

It always annoys me when people just post a link or a video with no feedback. It’s a forum for discussion. I suppose just one of those things that’s a pet peeve. Hehe

I know Gornur. He’s a good guy and had good intentions. He just didn’t think he needed to say anything else, just spread awareness.

2 Likes

A good bad luck protection system would go a long way towards fixing this.

Honestly, unless you can farm the thing endlessly, 1/100 is the lowest drop rate it should be.

Different with the zone mounts that dropped from mobs, like in BFA. You can kill thousands of those mobs per day, so a lower drop rate is acceptable.

The Rocket’s rate is super dumb. 1/3333. 0.03%.

Even at 5,000 attempts, you’d still only have a 75% change of getting the mount. If you did 50 attempts per day for 14 days, that’s only 700 every year. So in 7 years, you’d have only a 75% chance of getting the mount. It’s dumb.

I do think it’s hilarious that this goes from a thread > a Wowhead article that just says what the Blue said > back full circle to the forums with a thread that is a link to an article about the original thread.

3 Likes

I honestly had no input. I saw the article, thought it was interesting, and shared it. Though I didn’t think to check to see if it was up beforehand.

Thank you.

Yeah I see the humor in it to. Though to be fair the wowhead article does show case a drop rate chance comparison with the holiday mounts. It’s actually weird that the rocket has a lower chance to drop than the others.

1 Like