WW nerf predictions

You think DH and Warrior are more mobile than a WW monk? That’s crazy talk. On my hunter I can kite either of those classes with a little trickery. A WW monk with half a brain sticks to me like glue if I’m their target.

Perhaps in the past without Xuen having touch of death’s damage as lightning damage or without the invoker’s dellight legendary. As long as these 2 remain intact, Windwalker Monks will not be dropping off regardless of later tiers. I argue that as the legendary’s with stats are increased, versatility for monks only gets better as it gets higher. That means legendaries that keep seeing an increase in versatility for Monks will only boost damage even more making monks stronger than prior patches.

I think too many are stuck in prior expansions, which I understand monks dropped off. However, with legenday, conduits, Xuen being added with touch of death damage over time as lightning damage, I don’t see WW’s dropping off. If you can pls convince me otherwise.

1 Like

If we do not drop off I would be extremely happy. I don’t want to think that but it has been the same dance and tune for years.

1 Like

I predict minimal nerfs, an added defensive, and major balancing of monk covenant abilities

3 Likes

I can see the confirmation bias is strong.

WW dmg is grossly overtuned. Many classes are doing insane bursts during certain windows, but WW consistent dmg is unhealable. If I don’t have ascendance and earthen with the ability to cast, the WW’s target dies. Or you know, I play hpal and sac them, which would explain why hpal is overly meta. It has the strongest CDs to deal with the unhealable damage. It’s the same reason why they’re good in high dampening, because there CDs are throughput dependent. Another layer to this problem is that they’re not subject to being kited. There’s a reason they pull the most DPS in arenas, sometimes doubling the damage of the 2nd dps. They’re also extremely disruptive, which wasn’t a problem when they’re damage wasn’t blow out of godly proportions.

Other classes have been similarly strong, if not actually stronger for longer periods of time.

This isn’t an argument. “It’S oUr TuRn.” Game health and balance supersedes your entitled complex. We get it, you play monk, so you enjoy being extremely overtuned, but you’re not the only person that plays the game.

1 Like

You’re on crack. Mages aren’t remotely mobile anymore. Mobility creep is nuts.

They have blink. If they take shimmer (they will) they have 2 charges on a 30 second cd, which doesn’t remove snares, roots, nor stuns, and they have no immunity to slows.

monks lost the mobility war some expacs ago.

Are we playing the same game? Only DH rivals their mobility. Warriors are very kite-able, but even then, it is still difficult because of the mobility overreach. Monks cannot be kited. Unless they are hard CC’d, they will be on whatever target they want.

Why do people think entitlement is an argument against nerfs? Monks are unhealthy for PvP. You enjoy this unhealthiness, because you’re a monk.

“iT’s MuH tUrN iN tHe SpOtLiGhT, so let me be broken.” No. And when monks are nerfed into the ground, I will rejoice.

mages also have

1. the most cc known to the gaming industry.

2. are more durable than any class.

these synergize together to allow the mage be ultra mobile and when not mobile, they create their mobility with

1. sheeps
  2. root
  3. snare

iceblock to full health

all the while resetting a.fight with refreshed blinks.

if a mage doesnt want to get caught he doesnt.

also invis to create separation.

monk mobility should be better base on what skills they have.

but game coding is terrible.

1. you can be cced while using your powers.
  2. the grain of sand in front of you is like a wall… you try to roll over it or launch over it and you roll or jump in place.

monks USED TO be great, but its been toned down.

My dh is much more mobile.
My warrior is grear… my charges and intervenes never get hung up.

my leaps are on point.
and if i want 4 leaps… well i can sacrifice 2 random mortal strikes.

i think what monk mobility used to be still sticks with people.

1 Like

A bunch of classes just got buffed, the salt is real in here. maybe it’s a player issue… Class Tuning Underway -- February 2

YOu need a nerf to your damage in PVE too…WW’s are disgustingly broken right now.

If Monk is so Broken what is broke about the class?

1 Like

“WW dmg is grossly overtuned. Many classes are doing insane bursts during certain windows, but WW consistent dmg is unhealable.”

Our Invoker’s legendary gives us a 30% haste whenever we summon him, hence we deliver unhealable magnitude of consistent damage over 20 seconds. Without the legendary Monk are actually fairly balanced damage wise.

However our actual burst spike damage is much lower than druids, mages and rogues. So we’re probably still at the bottom of the list of classes to nerf.

1 Like

Don’t worry. If this xpac goes like every other one WW will fall to the back due to scaling. As always. Which is why they are good in the beginning and mediocre to bad by the end. If they do nerf it would be Invokers and Weapons of Order. But according the blizzard this is no where near as bad Rogue pre-nerf.

1 Like

I agree.
For balancing reasons in S1, any WW “nerfs” will probably be centered around the burst window (i.e. the two augments above). Hopefully they make incremental +% buffs with each tier, since the scaling is so … :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face:

I don’t think they will nerf either of those. Why? Because they are the only things making Windwalker competitive in PVE again. I don’t care about pvp, pvp hasn’t been balance for years dating back to BC and it never will be properly balanced the way things have been going. WW monks are in a good spot in raiding and mythics+ so I expect it to stay the same. Plus the Devs have taken a different approach each patch. Instead of nerfing classes, they have been buffing lower classes by 3%, 5% etc to bring them up to the level of the top classes. I like this approach better than gutting classes at the top. I like the new lead dev that does this new approach to balancing.

You realize they can just alter the augment(s) when engaged in PVP, yeah? Doesn’t affect your dragon slaying my dude.
Was anyone in here honestly complaining about WW’s PVE throughput :thinking:?

pvp is a sidegame, look at the state of pvp the last 4 expansion. Let’s be real here, they haven’t been balancing it all. This game was and always will be around pve content balancing.

I think it should be noted that now that hp levels have increased the superfast games have also generally come to an end.

WW is not broken and nerfing does not seem justified.

Interestingly the first day of the EU arena championships there was not a single WW played. In the US WW featured a lot more, however the moment one team brought out a sub rogue and killed the WW on the match opener, the WW was sat in place of an arms warrior.

Nerfs won’t come because it will make games run quite long and could result in a situation where WW simply no longer competes.

They won’t touch classes for PVE. But lets say argument sake for pvp Julesx as you say, you are right. Windwalker was slightly represented in NA with 2 teams. There are only 2 main WWs that are excellent in pvp in the tournament that do well Drake and TrIll . Other than that, more teams had arms warrior, fire mage, holy paladin, elemental shaman or shadowpriest. Those were the most played in the tournament. WWs were a few only and that’s about it. There are many other classes not represented at all, which goes back to my main point this game is not balanced around pvp at all. They only balance things around PVE. PVP is a mini side game to do from time to time for fun.

PVP in this game has always been the side game. I don’t think Blizzard have even ever pretended that PVP was equivalent to PVE.

If someone wants a game where PVP is at least half the focus, then they need to play a different game.

2 Likes