WW Monk Mastery

Hey, so recently I’ve leveled this monk and really enjoyed it, so I’d like to play him a bit at max level, but I have a question about WW’s mastery

How important is it?

Like, I know in terms of stat weights it’s like, 3rd or something, but is it the type of thing where, I need to absolutely 100% avoid using the same ability twice in a row to maximize my DPS, or is it more like, if I can use a different ability than the last one every GCD I should, but it’s not a big deal if I don’t?

Thanks!

In Single Target is it basically always a DPS loss to break mastery.

In AOE it depends, but the safe answer is don’t break mastery. You want to:
Fists of Fury on CD
Blackout into Whirling Dragon Punch on WDP’s CD
Spinning Crane Kick alternating with Tiger Palm or Blackout procs on different targets to keep SCK stacks up.

Here is a link to the Peak of Serenity Discord with a number of scenarios in AOE /w Bonedust Brew and Spinning Crane Kick where whether or not you want to spam SCK is viable verse not breaking mastery.

https://discord.com/channels/114786249750872069/360567867214790676/874708926019534859

It is and it isn’t.

It’s important in that not breaking mastery = more damage. However, it’s hard to mess up not breaking mastery on the abilities that matter like FoF, RSK, and WDP. SCK is the exception because of procs and AoE, but it’s not hard to weave stuff in. Also we stack like Ver > Mast = Crit. I’ve got like 34% vers and 30% mast.

With the death of Hit Combo, maintaining our mastery is significantly less important. Of course still do it, but for the most part you’ll just be boosting damage on BoK and TP which are garbage. If FoF and RSK had two charges, it’d be a different story though. We can kinda get close to being able to double FoF/RSK with Kyrian WW and Urh Relics in keys, but you still have to try to mess up our mastery.