WW maining for SL?

Hello Monks, going into the new expansion I’ve been trying to decide whether or not it’s a good idea to make the switch over to Monk going forward from recently Dh and longer time rogue.I was pretty optimistic but there seems to be a lot of fear coming from these topics about the state of the class. I play almost every part of the game, 2k in twos and pushing 2.2 in 3’s this weekend hopefully as dh/spriest/rsham. Couple of 19 keys under my belt. Not a crazy good player but I like to be semi competitive. I do plan on mythic raiding and pushing glad in SL. Is switching to monk not a good idea to progress? Started leveling last night now I’m scared :worried:

If you don’t plan on raiding hardcore I’d say WW is fine. WW tends to be good in PvP as well. I don’t pvp but I do see a lot of happy WWers in PvP.

A lot of the fear in our threads is due to Blizzard not fixing the things we’ve wanted done for years now. (WW). MW is a whole diff problem.

You can 100% do mythic+20’s.

I’d say switch to WW if you like the playstyle. The spec plays really good, but some of the bugs can be annoying at times.

1 Like

If I play shadowland im switching to rogue, its a better class.

3 Likes

I think you’d be crazy to switch from rogue to ww.

Rogue is going to be super doninant in m+…again.

One of its specs will be better than ww in raidinf, as it always is.

Idk about pvp, but if you can get that high with rogue now, why woukd you change? They seem stronger in pvp in SL

2 Likes

I’ve just gotten so bored of rogue it’s crazy, a lot of people are under the impression that there’s this crazy rotation going on but a sin rogue is a dh with like 2 more buttons. Monk just feels more fun to play honestly. The highest rated arena player happens to be ww :joy:

1 Like

Rogue is a better class if you only play WW. Monk is a better class of you want to heal and/or tank.

That’s the key. It’s a video game. The goal is fun.

3 Likes

Never been something more true said. That bandage rogue build just can’t keep up these days.

Probably this right? That group stealth will be huge again. Not to mention the insane utility they bring outside of shroud.

rolling from a rogue or DH TO a monk? literal insanity.

blizzard doesnt want players playing monks next xpack. otherwise they would of done ANYTHING to them except ignore feedback and ignore bugs.

youd better really love monk and not care about performance if you were thinking of rerolling from rogue or DH.

4 Likes

They did put them in he movie!

So they really are that bad huh :confused:

Let’s put it like this: no other class has the chance of their DPS cooldown literally abandoning them on use. Monks, on the other hand,

12 Likes

I have noticed after trying demonhunter, warrior and rogue, I’m definitely pressing way more buttons and doing a lot more work for equal to lesser damage as a windwalker.

Oh and my wrists - I think I’ve accelerated the onset of carpal tunnel since playing WW.

2 Likes

I’d personally take a more fun class over anything. I play super casual and nothing, i mean NOTHING comes close to the fun. Depends on you ultimately, all the classes are going to perform more or less with few exceptions. WW to me, is an absolute blast. Make your decision, every forum is riddled with both pros and cons.

I like that monks have tons of tools and mobility. I don’t like that I feel like I need to use SEF, touch of death, AND reverse harm (I think it’s called) to do damage on a pack of 3 mobs.

1 Like

Rogue is a much safer pick for PvP overall. Sure Drake is the highest rated WW with WWMP but the very top of the ladder is determined by the people/teams good enough to play there. WWs are super effective in PvP but their mechanics suck as everyone above has already pointed out. Above 2.4k, 10.6% (876) are rogues and only 3.5% (293) are WWs.

In PvE there’s zero reason to pick a WW over a rogue right now unless you want to heal/tank and find groups easier to gear up etc. I play rogue and WW as well and honestly it’s pure masochism of me to ever prioritize my monk over my rogue. I’m just still holding out hope they make changes I guess.

1 Like

I play Draenei Monk because I can’t play Lightforged Monk…

MW monk will SUCK to play in SL for PvP!!! There are going to be SO MANY ROGUES…and the rogues are just going to absolutely eat MW alive! Especially since Bliz has nerfed Cocoon!

You are literally using an outlier situation of bad pathing, go do that quest with literally any pet class and they do the same thing.

This is the kind of crap that doesn’t help anything and probably why blues don’t bother posting.

Representation doesn’t reflect if something is strong or not, just mean what people play.
Of course WW wont have the same numbers as we are the least played class and least played spec.
But mechanically they have one of the strongest pvp kits currently.

Yeah I wonder if it being the least played has anything to do with Blizzard making our class mechanics less fun every single expansion and completely ignoring all feedback?

2 Likes